sempiternal

sempiternal
/ˌsɛmpɪˈtəːn(ə)l/
eternal and unchanging; everlasting

Glendale, AZ
Thursday May 25th
Hezekiah Adriel Alistair | Shoota

"Bubba, where are we!" Kaia rubbed her eyes yawning looking around at her surroundings.

Soraya and Hezekiah had woken up about 3 hours after they went to sleep. Excitedly Soraya jumped in the shower and was out within 10 minutes getting completely ready.

She wore a simple mustard yellow cropped tee with high waisted blue ripped jeans. Realising she'd packed away all her shoes she had nothing but a pair of yellow champion sliders on her feet.

Hezekiah wasn't all that excited so he went in the shower and came out probably twenty minutes later and put on a white and red Trippie Redd merchandise hoodie along with some white jogging bottoms with white and red Jordan Retro 4's.

The kids were terrible at waking up, Hezekiah had Kaia woken up long enough to get her in the shower and then she was out again. Though he did manage to dress her in an orange nike hoodie with some blue jeans and a blue jean jacket. He took her very messy twists out and plaited her hair into dutch braids whilst Soraya got an uncooperative Jalen ready.

"Where going? Leaving Jay?" A pout grew on the young boys face as his caretaker began moisturising his limbs.

"Jalen i'm never leaving you, ever, okay? You're stuck with me kiddo. Now you can go back to sleep as long as we get some clothes on you, c'mon work with me baby." Soraya left Jalen in his spot for five seconds as she ran into her own bedroom and grabbed the orange nike tech tracksuit she left out for Jalen.

When she entered Kaia was snoring softly on Hezekiah's lap as homework finished her second plait.

"Are you nearly ready?" Hezekiah asked looking up at the owner of the bedroom he was in.

"I just gotta finish getting Jalen ready, put Kaia down and take all the suitcase to the front door. I also bought some snacks which is in the cupboard so grab a backpack and throw all of them in there and can you also put all my electronics, chargers and stuff in there." Hezekiah nodded going to do as told as Soraya made her way back to the sleepy boys bedroom.

"Put this tracksuit on Jay, then you can go back to sleep." Jalen shook his head no, "why not baby? You're tired, I know you are Jay because I am. It's what," Soraya checked her phone, "5:23 in the morning. Don't argue with me Jalen, you will go straight to sleep after you're dressed now put the tracksuit on."

Jalen sniffled but did as said climbing into the tracksuit, "it's bright." he commented.

"i know baby boy, it's so that i can't miss you. So that i'll always be able to see you."

"Hungry." Jalen mumbled as Soraya took hold of his hand and walked him to her room where Kaia was sleeping peacefully - on her face, "why here?" Jalen pouted.

"You said you think her as a little sister, Jalen. Treat her like your little sister then, be nice to her. Your attitude is disgusting at times. Sit here and wait for me to come and get you, go to sleep whilst you're at it." Jalen felt tears treating to rise but he pushed them back and nodded his head glumly, "jalen?" jalen continued looking down at the floor.

"Jalen, look at me please." Jalen looked up at the caretaker and she noticed the tears pooling his brown orbs, "i'm sorry Jay, i said that too harshly. You don't have to go sleep if you don't want to but I have a surprise for you and I don't want you to see it, okay?" Jalen nodded understandingly, "stay here and wait for me, okay?" Jalen nodded again walking over to the queen sized bed in the centre of the room.