preliminary

preliminary
/prɪˈlɪmɪn(ə)ri/
adjective: preliminary
preceding or done in preparation for something fuller or more important.

preliminary/prɪˈlɪmɪn(ə)ri/adjective: preliminarypreceding or done in preparation for something fuller or more important

Glendale, AZ
Sunday June 20th
Soraya Legacy Valentine | Binkie

"Hey Jay baby, can I talk to you real quick?" Soraya asked softly as she walked into the six year olds McQueen bedroom.

Jalen nodded nervously as the woman sat at the bottom of the edge of his bed.

"Okay so you've been with me since January baby, so that's about six months." Jalen sucked in a breath as his thoughts automatically went to the worst possible outcome.

His bottom lip trembled at the idea of having to sleep in the bushes again, he clenched the red patterned bed sheets closer to him as Soraya looked at him shocked.

"Oh no, Jay. What's wrong, baby?" She asked as she immediately stood to her feet and kicked off her Ugg sliders to get underneath the covers and hold Jalen close to her, "what's wrong, little prince?" she repeated once he was in her arms.

"A-are you going to get r-rid of me now?" Soraya rapidly shook her head 'no' quickly.

"Never, Jay. You're stuck with me okay, you can't ever get rid of me and I'll never get rid of you ever. I wouldn't even dream of it. It'll never happen, I love you okay so much. Which is why I want to adopt you baby." Jalen's mouth fell as his eyes watered, "I want to keep you forever Jay bear," she laughed using Kaia's nickname for him, "I want you to be like my son, you will be my son, if you agree of course." Soraya wiped the tears pooling at Jalen's eyes and the tears in her own.

"H-how?"

"We'll have to handle some things, some declarations and papers nothing your little head should worry about. But just know I want to adopt you and have you as my son but only if you want me to. This morning I got some news, Jay." Soraya sighed, "your mommy was sent to jail and some of the other bad men that hurt you were too, forever, you won't ever have to worry about them again. And even when they may be set free they won't be allowed near you until you're 21 and have decided you want them in your life."

"The nice guy that put them away said to me that now it's time for me to make a choice or you to make a choice. I've wanted to ask you to be my son for a little while now however now I have no choice to but i'd love to do this anyway don't ever think that I'm only doing this because I have to okay, Jay?" Jalen nodded, "by July I have to adopt you or your grandparents can, if they don't then you'll be sent to an adoption centre baby."

When given the choice Soraya was shocked that they even gave her the opportunity to adopt the young boy however she had zero complaints, although it'd cost a lot, she didn't even know there was a price to adoption, she didn't care. All she wanted was for Jalen to be her son, he already was in heart now it just came down to on papers.

"I'll be all yours, nobody will be able to take me away?" Soraya smiled from ear to ear nodding.

"you'll be all mine. Just mine, I promise. We'll move too and we'll have a nice big house."

"I-I don't care about the size, Ray." Soraya's smile widened.

"I know you don't baby, but what about all your brothers and sisters?"

"Going to get more?" Jalen said shocked as Soraya chuckled slightly nodding a little.

"In the future, yes." A smile grew on Jalen's face, "so do you want to be my son, Jay?" Jalen smiled wider nodding.

"Get to call you mommy now?" Soraya couldn't hold back the tears as she clung onto Jalen's body and nodded.

"If you want to little prince, you can call me anything you want to prince."

"Okay," Jalen added, "mommy."

⌛️⏳⌛️

When Soraya had finally gotten her son to bed she wasted no time rushing to her room and dialling her boyfriends number.

"Hezekiah!" She yelled in a hushed tone once he'd picked up, "Adriel, oh my god, Hezekiah."

Her lack of explanation made the young man shoot up out of bed as Soraya got into hers.

"What's going on? What happened? I was sleeping Soraya." Soraya scrunched her face up.

"It's only 10pm, Hezekiah." Soraya rolled her eyes, "I don't care anyways, oh my god Hezekiah, he called me mommy." Hezekiah's mouth fell as he started choking on his own spit.

"What!"

"He called me mommy," Realisation set upon Soraya and she began crying at her own words, "I-I got a phone call this morning, telling me if I didn't adopt him they'd take him away or give them to his grandparents. I just finished speaking to Jalen." She inhaled a large breath, "adoption for a domestic child cost $43,000 but I'm going to do it Hezekiah, he said yes and the only thing he asked is if he'd get to call me mommy now?" Soraya cried some more, "he called me mommy Adriel, oh my god it's the best feeling in the whole world."

Hezekiah smiled as Soraya ranted on he loved listening to her voice - it was his favourite sound in the whole world, "a-and I just can't believe it Hezekiah, he called me mommy. I wasn't even expecting it, I didn't even know it'd have such an impact/affect on me, I didn't think I'd want to hear him repeat it again and again so much."

Hezekiah felt himself beginning to doze off and positioned the phone next to his ear lying down again as Soraya began to talk about her day, he loved how comfortable she'd got around him. He loved her and everything about her and everything that came with her. She was his little love next to his sister. The two most important ladies in his life who he promised to cherish forever. He'd take care of that exorbitant adoption fee tomorrow. For now he'd just go to sleep to the sound of his bestfriend and lover.