alienation

alienation
/eɪlɪəˈneɪʃ(ə)n/
noun: alienation
the state or experience of being alienated.
________________________________

Glendale, AZ
February 27th 2015
third person perspective

"Hello, cherry." Soraya woke to a new patronising voice.

She stirred in her sleep before opening her eyes, she quickly squeezed them tightly closed.

"The light's bright, isn't?" She nodded in agreement.

"My names Isaac Harris, I'm going to talk with you throughout your stay and even after." Soraya didn't like this new news.

"We've spoken before, I've seen you many times before and we've spoke over the phone. I've been watching you closely for the past couple years." Soraya instantly felt very uncomfortable.

"Don't worry, no need to fear. I'm just here to help, we'll be seeing a lot more of each other Soraya, we've identified some really peculiar behaviour so you'll be staying here for a really long time now."

"w-what? b-but the other nurse said I could leave once I told the truth. I told the truth s-so many times, I promise."

"You promise a lot of stuff. I wonder how you manage to keep all of them."

"I keep all of them, I keep all of my promises always."

"Oh yeah, what promises do you keep?" Soraya furrowed her eyebrows.

"Y-you don't need to know."

"I don't? if i tell you mine will you tell me yours."

"No I won't."

"Not even if you can go home? Will you tell me them then?" soraya shook her head no.

"The-they're not for you to know; so i'm not telling you my promises."

"I really want to know though."

"Well, I really want to go home; nobody's adhering to my wants so tough." Soraya huffed feeling tears arise.

"Why do you want to go home so much? What's waiting for you at home?"

"M-mommy's waiting for me and Trent. Trent and mommy are waiting for me, at home."

"Really?" Dr Harris raised his eyebrows, "but mommy and Trent put you here, so are they really waiting for you?" Soraya pouted and held back the threatening tears before stiffly nodding.

"T-trent's waiting for me, we're gonna play dollies." Soraya knew that was a lie 1. Trenton hated playing with her 2. Trenton would always tell mommy on Soraya whenever she bothered him knowing Soraya would get in loads of trouble 3. Trenton threw out all of Soraya's 'dollies'.

"I don't think so cupcake, I think Trenton'a having the time of his life without you." Soraya was quick to shake her head 'no',

"He misses me, I just know he does."

"Oh really, how come he never let you go home then?" Soraya shrugged whimpering as a lone tear fell down her cheek.

"H-he just didn't, that d-doesn't mean he d-doesn't m-miss me. Stop saying these mean things."

"Do you normally stutter?" Soraya shrugged.

"S-sometimes."

only when i'm scared or uncomfortable

The answer was yes, she stutters regularly. In the past two years her mother has begun treating her worse and worse and now she has this disgusting stutter.

Her mother's words, not hers.

"How do you feel about your stutter?" Soraya shrugged.

"I don't like it." She mumbled quietly.

"What's wrong with it? Nearly three million citizens of the united states stutter."

Soraya shrugged not knowing what to say, she didn't want to talk to Dr Harris anymore or anyone - she just wanted to go home.

"Shrugging is a gesture, a physical response, think you could give me a verbal one Soraya?" Soraya shook her head, she closed her eyes and opened them again wanting to be somewhere else, anywhere else.

Even the basement would do if it meant she was away from these crucifying people.

"That is another gesture, Soraya. If you want to go home you need to know how to communicate with people and to tell the truth; stop talking to yourself or the voices, I'd know which one it is if you stopped lying."

"I'm not lying, about anything. All i've been telling is the truth, you lot are the ones that are lying! You told me I could go home, b-but n-no-ones letting me. Why won't let anyone j-just let me go home?" Soraya weeped softly with her head down, hunched over crying into the cold colourless duvet.

Dr. Harris made no comment just observed how Soraya was already slowly losing her 'sanity' what he didn't realise is she'd already lost that years ago.

She was just a soulless broken young girl, who was only becoming more broken. Broken beyond repair.