reminiscence

reminiscence
/rɛmɪˈnɪs(ə)ns/
noun
a story told about a past event remembered by the narrator.

reminiscence/rɛmɪˈnɪs(ə)ns/nouna story told about a past event remembered by the narrator

Glendale, AZ
Wednesday February 24th
Soraya Legacy Valentine | Binkie

"Are you okay, Soraya?" Kayson queried placing a hand on Soraya's shoulder.

"I've noticed it too," Nicki added, although she wasn't currently feeling Soraya she still somewhat worried about the girl.

She always knew she was a special case.

Soraya nodded stiffly shrugging Kayson's hand off of her, staring off into the distance.

They were currently at Debra's having some lunch, the daycare wasn't really busy today just the regulars so Kayson decided to spoil his fellow managers with food.

"You're behaviour has been quite off since the start of the week, this isn't supposed to be a negative outing or conversation Soraya; if you need some time off, a break anything of the sort. All you have to do is say."

Soraya stiffened, "I'm fine, honestly." She pondered over telling them the truth and decided otherwise, "just going through something; I'm fine though truly fine."

"Is it a date coming up soon? Like a death anniversary anything of the sort, let us know Soraya." Nicki pestered.

"I just said I'm fine, Nicki and I meant it. I apologise if my attitude is affecting my work ethic."

"This hasn't got to do with the kids, Soraya. Or to do with your attitude or work ethic, you're not being yourself at the moment and we'd like to know why."

"We were hoping to go for a more softer approach." Kayson shot Nicki a stern look, "just please let us know if there's something going on, you don't even have to tell us what exactly. But if you need a break then don't be afraid to share that with us, alright?" Soraya gave him a tight-lipped smile and nodded.

"Great now let's order!" Kayson clapped his hands before licking his slightly chapped lips and rubbing his hands together in hopes to generate some heat. "it's chilly in here." he observed, looking around the diner watching the other people eating and talking among themselves.

"Well you're the one that suggested we seat right underneath this air conditioner." Kayson rolled his eyes.

"I pointed at a booth which looked nice, I didn't observe the ceiling to see if there were any air com's. Forgive me for my sins." Kayson threw his hands in the air sarcastically whilst Nicki rolled her eyes.