saturnine

saturnine
/ˈsatənʌɪn/
adjective: saturnine
(of a person or their manner) gloomy.

saturnine/ˈsatənʌɪn/adjective: saturnine(of a person or their manner) gloomy

Glendale, AZ
Thursday June 1st
Soraya Legacy Valentine | Binkie

Like every other book about a character in a hospital, Soraya's eyes fluttered open however she quickly squeezed them shut at the bright lights.

Once getting used to it she examined the participants in the room.

Jalen was the first to notice she was awake and slid out of Trenton's tight embrace to analyse the woman.

"Scared Jalen." Jalen mumbled as he climbed into the hospital bed, "really scared Jalen." Soraya felt her heart break as she remembered why she was in the hospital in the first place.

Unknowingly tears slid out of her eyes as she pulled the boy closer to her, although she'd spoken about jalen to Cheyenne they'd never met each other.

"Soraya okay?" Soraya couldn't respond as she ran her fingers through Jalen's thick afro.

Her eyes remained on her boyfriend as his head was leaned on the wall behind him and his mouth was wide open with his tongue hanging out, the corners of her lips rose as she also looked at his little sister who slept the same way.

Next her eyes moved to Trenton who had his hood over his head and was using his armchair to rest his head.

Both men had bags under their eyes and looked stressed.

"You guys went home last night?" Jalen shook his head.

"for littles bit then came back here, went with Trenton."

"Kaia go with you guys?" Jalen nodded resting his head on the woman's chest.

One minute Hezekiah was pushing the kids on the swings, next minute they were looking at the caretaker through a glass window.

Hezekiah shifted in his seat causing the little princess on his lap to stir and complain as she moved.

Her grunts woke Hezekiah up as he came back to his senses and remembered where he was.

Once his eyes opened he rubbed at them perplexed at his surroundings, "what's going on?" hezekiah grunted out before his eyes landed on his girlfriend and the iv connected to her arm.

He was quick to stand on his feet however halted remembering his baby sister sleeping on his lap.

He gently lifted her from her underarms and placed her on the seat next to him.