Chapter 8

Ren stares at the wall, trying to decipher what she was just told. How could they lose? They're the Avengers? They can't lose.

"This is still confusing..." Ren mutters. Tony sits next to me on the floor.

He sighs, "You know what's more confusing?"

"What," Ren looks at Tony.

"How you're sixteen," he asks.

"I'm what?" She raises an eyebrow at Tony.

"You look younger, that's pretty much the reason we didn't recognize you, that and we thought you were dead," Tony says.

"Does Bruce still have his lab equipment, to run tests on me?" Ren asks standing.

"I do," Bruce says scaring both Tony and Ren. He stands in the doorway, apparently he was listening to their whole conversation.

Ren nods her head,"Good. Oh, I forgot to tell you guys. Sword."

"Sword?" Tony says confused, "What does-" Her metal sword appears in her hands, pointed to the floor, near Tony's face.

"WOAH! WOAH!" He screams scooting away, trying to avoid getting stabbed. Causing Ren to smile.

"And watch, throwing knives," She holds her palm out flat. Her sword turns to liquid and crawls back into her arm. Only to appear back in her right hand as three throwing knives.

She drops two on the floor by her feet. She twirls the knife in her right hand, smirking. Then within a second, the knife is centimeters from Bruce ear.

"Dauntless bitches," Ren says throwing her hands in the air.

"You've read Divergent," Bruce says excited. Ren lowers her arms.

"No...but I watched the movie," Ren says. Bruce puts on the 'really' face. Ren shrugs and leaves the room.

She sticks her head back into the room, "Oh and one more thing, does black blood worry anyone?"

"YES!" They both answer.

"Then..." A smile on her face, "TO THE LAB!"

.•*•.•*•. After multiple tests later.•*•.•*•.

Ren sits on a table swinging her legs back and forth waiting for Bruce to come back with her test results.

"So, how was...the maze?" Tony asks, trying to start a conversation.

"I was knocked out most of the time, but it was pretty...awful," Ren says truthfully.

Bruce walks into the room, rubbing his eyes under his glasses.

"Okay, well it seems that I have made a mistake last time. You also have another ability, healing. Ren you can contol your age....''

"That is...AWESOME!'' She screams jumping off the table.

"As for the black blood, it's natural due to the artifact your mother touched. In other words, it's the alien part in you." Bruce says. Tony starts making a stop talking motion with his hand, while Ren's face looks like a mix of confusion and anger. Bruce's eyes go wide.

Ren starts speaking in a calm and slow fashion, "What do you mean...alien part?''

"I..uh...what was the question?" Tony facepalms and steps in front of Bruce to look at Ren.

"Uh... You're part alien, now why don't we get some pudding and forget all of this so Fury doesn't have another reason to skin me and Bruce," Tony offers holding Ren's shoulder's.

"Bruce and I, and you can't just drop "You're an alien" bomb and forget about it over pudding!"

She shakes his hands off her shoulders and push past both of them. She pushes the door open causing it to bang against the outside wall of the wooden cabin. Tony runs after Ren trying to calm her down. He stands right in front of Ren.

"Hey, let's go meet your friends. And your boyfriend. Or let's go see Quill, or-" he tries to convince. Ren rolls her eyes and pushes Tony to the side.

"FURY!" She yells at the top of her lungs. Feet pounding against the hard ground. Fists balled at her sides.

She spots Fury by some buildings talking to Maria Hill. He looks over to Ren, hands folded behind his back.

"Ah Ms. Katherine Barnes, back from the dead I see," He says.

She gets right in his face, finger podding his chest as she sneers, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"You have to be a little specific," he replies.

"Oh I don't know maybe the fact that-" she gets cut off by lodging in her neck. Stinging only for a second. Her hand feels around her neck. A dart, 2 inches long, red plastic feathers at the end. Her hands pluck it out of her skin.

Slowly she turns around to see Tony and Bruce standing 75 feet away. Tony with a blow dart tube in his hands.

He tranquillized me! She thinks. She opens her mouth to say some...not so nice words, but falls to the ground....unconscious.