Chapter 40

A/N:
Here is your chapter because kellylovs commented.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Newt finally heard the news. Ren's been poisoned. What's worse is that they don't know what it is or what's the cure. It's been only hours since she's been hit. And in those few hours Riley has almost murdered Tony, Clint's been accused and thrown in a makeshift jail, and Steve and Natasha has gone out to look for Jackson.

Newt has pulled up a chair and hasn't left Ren who lays unconscious on the wooden table. After an hour or so of mindless babbling she fell into a coma like state mumbling a word hear and there.

Newt holds her small hand in his staring at her still face. Her once golden eyes (now hazel) closed off from the world.

Newt feels horrible. Not just because he wasn't there for her. His last memory before she went to the forest was fighting.

He sighs and looks at the floor not letting go of her hand.

Ren mumbles two words, "My Prince. . ." Somehow Newt caught it even though it was said so quietly. His face twists in confusion, what is she dreaming about?

• • • • • • • • • Ren's POV [Remember this is all in her head]• • • • • • • • • •

"Katherine Dear," My grandmother calls from the sitting room of our little cottage in the woods away from the town.

"Coming Nana," I yell back shutting my book and setting down my charcoal. I know she's calling for me to go to the town, so I grab my dark red cloak off the hanger of the door and slip it around my shoulders and tie a knot. I smooth out on cream colored dress and fix my brown demi loop corset before exiting the door to the little room. My grandmother stands by the door holding my arrows, bow, and basket.

"Thank you nana," I say nodding.

"Be careful, and be home before dark, it's a full moon tonight," Nana reminds. Full moon=magic. Magic=disaster and death. I might be a witch, but I mean no harm. I don't intend to hurt people I just, do. I give a kiss and leave the safety of our small cottage.

My boots hit the dirt into the forest listening to the sounds of the birds and other animals. I don't stray from the path usually, but when I do it's for a good reason. I'm never scared of the forest like most, I find it fascinating. Always, since I was little, I traveled the path. Every fork in the road, every turn, every dead end. This path is my home.

Horses hooves pound against the floor. They're coming my way too. People. No. I stay away from people as much as I can. Usually bad things happen.

I stray from the path into the forest, but I'm not quick enough. A big caramel horse stops and rears up. I fall to the floor in shock and scoot away from the big animal. Oh god no.

"Watch where you're going," I yell at the rider. Whoever it is comes off the horse and helps me up.

"I'm sorry," He responds. I look up from my dress to see the Prince. His golden curls resting on his head. His big brown eyes. The weird thing is he looks like a decent human being for once. He looks like an actual human being, not a bottomless pit of evil that needs to be beheaded for being cruel to his people.

"What are you doing Prince Charming," I mock. I don't care if he has the power to murder me and can get away with it. He doesn't deserve my respect.

"As much as I love to nickname, my name is not charming," He responds his accent showing.

"Well, whatever what are you doing in my forest," I respond crossing my arms.

"You're forest," He says cocking his head to one side,"If I remember correctly this forest belongs to everyone not just you Lady. . ."