Chapter 10

"...So then Clint grabs his bow and whacks Loki in the back of the head." Jack finishes his story at the picnic table they were all sitting at. Newt sits next to Ren on her left, refusing to leave her side, and Riley sits to her right....also refusing to leave her side. She said and I quote, "I lost you once, I'm not losing you again." But, do you blame her.

"Cool," Ren says moving her potatoes around her plate. Thoughts running through her mind. Questions unanswered.

Why did Loki want me? Why didn't he actually kill me? Why didn't I stay in the Maze? How am I alien? Why haven't I killed Tony or Bruce yet? When will I kill Tony for knocking me unconscious?, All these questions puzzling her.

"Ren are you okay?" Newt asks looking at Ren. Everyone else at the table turn to look at her.

"I'm fine, just have a lot on my mind," She mumbles staring at her plate, not looking up.

"Anyways..." Jack starts another "great" tale of The Fall. Just another story of how things went wrong. How the fallen lost. How the supers failed everyone, letting the world crumble to dust.

Ren stands up abruptly and leaves the mess hall. Leaving everyone at the table silent. Riley is the first to get up.

"I'm going to go talk to her," she says to everyone. She follows Ren's path outside.

The night sky usually filled with beautiful stars and glorious moon is now filled with smoke from the burning city and a sliver of the dull moon. The air isn't as fresh as it use to. Now it smells of ash and fire.

Riley spots Ren squatting by the lake near the forest. Staring into the water looking at the reflection. You could see a rough outline of Ren, only because the only light at the moment is the rising moon and fading light.

"Have you ever wondered why a raven is like a writing desk?" Ren asks out of the blue, feeling a presence of a person.

"Yes, and the answer is Because it can produce a few notes, tho they are very flat; and it is never put with the wrong end in front," a man says from the shadows. Riley hides behind a few boxes by a random cabin to watch the scene.

Ren's head lifts up from staring at the lake to see who's she talking to. Flynn walks out of the shadows of a nearby building and towards Ren. She stands up and mets Flynn halfway.

"I have a few questions for you," Flynn says.

"Shoot," Ren replies crossing her arms.

"How did you know I was The Librarian," Ren stiffens as he asks the question.

"I know things," she answers unsure how to answer the question. She knows she can't straight up be like "Oh made a wish and I watch a TV show with you in it so..."

"Where's Colonel Baird and everyone?" Ren asks.

"The Annex, assuming you know what that is," he says. Ren nods her head and walks away back towards the mess hall. "Why are you walking away?"

"I have friends waiting for me," Ren replies, a smile on her face as she says that. Because...she realized...she's not alone.

A/N

Short I know sorry...running out of ideas a little sorry!

Ps the photo...I died inside of joy...