Chapter 12

Ren sits on her bed, trying to decide what to do today.

"So many things that need to be accomplished...talk to Fury...train...tell some of my friends I'm not dead and catch up...more details on past...plan Loki's death...fix that hole in my leggings...set up my room....UGH! WHAT TO DO!" Ren groans. Usually she has the opposite problem...nothing to do. She stands up and rubs her face letting out another groan of frustration. She spins to face the window and stares at everyone working. She notices Jackson talking to some girl. Then hug the girl...then kiss her cheek.

"What the..." something squeezes her heart. It makes her fists form into balls at her sides, makes her angry, it makes her...jealous?

Could I be jealous? Impossible...I have a boyfriend...and and jack's my best friend...nothing else... Ren thinks. She looks out the window to see them kiss. No it's pretty possible...

She looks away from the window as fast as possible not wanting to see that anymore. She takes a moment to recollect herself then leaves her room to go talk to Fury.

Ren walks out of the cabin, not seeing the other boys, into the open. She starts walking past a grove a trees when Jack comes up to her, dragging the girl he was kissing earlier with him by the hand.

"REN! Hey Ren!" He yells, waving his free hand trying to get her attention. She looks over at him.

Oh great, just what I needed she thinks. She puts on a a faux smile even though on the inside she is mentally banishing them, both.

"Hey Jack," She waves back. He stops in front of Ren with the girl next to him.

"Ren this is Angelica, my girlfriend," He explains pointing to Angelica who giggles. Ren tenses up at the word girlfriend.

Great, a giggler... She thinks, mentally rolling her eyes.

"Jackie, don't call me that, call me Angel, my super name," she says in a high pitched voice.

"Cool, what's your power?" Ren asks trying to seem like she doesn't want to shoot the girl, just to shut her up.

"This," she closes her eyes for a few moments then opens them, her eyes went from sky blue to red...like the devil. She repeats the process and her eyes return to normal.

"That's...cool," Ren says.

"Well," Jack says clapping his hands together, "You two get to know each other, I have to work. Later babe." He quickly kisses her and runs.

Ew, barf in my mouth...Ren thinks.

Almost when Jackson is immediately out of earshot Angel whips her head to face Ren, eyes cold. Smile drops from her face.

"Listen, I know you and Jack used to be all "buddy buddy" but he's mine now. So back off. "She snaps.

"Damn, when did I-"

"Oh cut the act, I know you may think you're some big shot, but you're not. He's mine, and only mine. So back off." She stomps away muttering, "Wazzbag."

"Ya limp noodle say that to my face!" Ren yells back, getting weird looks from everyone. "You've all seen Mulan don't deny it!"

Ren too distracted forgets about Fury, and instead walks over to the mess hall where she spots Luna sitting down with Minho, Newt, and Tommy.

Immediately Ren sits down next to her and Newt.

"Have you guys met Angel," Ren asked. She got a bunch of 'yeahs' and 'mm hms'. "Have you noticed she's-"

"Annoying." Minho suggests.

"Mean?" Newt says.

"Rude?" Thomas says.

"A witch that needs to be burned in the deepest pits of hell," Luna says darkly. Thomas drops his fork, Newt drops his sandwich on his plate, Minho smirks (as usual,) and Ren leans past Newt hovering over the table to look at Luna...the innocent quiet girl. Luna doesn't take notice of anyone's reaction and just continues eating her salad.

Ren clears her throat catching her friends attention, "All true, but I mean have you noticed she's all 'hehehe'" Ren tries to copy Angel's high pitched giggle, "Around Jack then like," Ren hisses and shows her 'fangs' like a vampire, "Around practically everyone else."

"Yep."

"Uh huh."

"Why she needs to go to hell," Luna casually says stabbing a tomato with her fork pretending it's Angelica. Everyone ignores her statement.

"Okay, good I'm not the only one," Ren says and sits back down, pouting ,leaning her head on Newt's shoulder.

"She called me a wazzbag," Ren mutters sadly.

"What did you say?" Newt asks.

"I said to say it to my face you limp noodle!" She responds shaking her fist in the air. Newt chuckles, but everyone else gives her a worried look. They didn't hear the full conversation.