Chapter 38

Ren doesn't know what she should do. But she only has a few choices. The smart one would be to run and not look back. The tempting one, is to come with them. She turns to her friends for help.

" I don't know what to do, " She whispers to Newt.

" I think we should go and walk on," He says, " It's the smart way."

" But my gut says to go with them, " Ren responds, " But my brain says differently. "

" You're so overdramatic, " Minho whines, " Let's go with them, what's the harm. God. . ."

Ren just rolls her eyes at his statement. She picks up Asha from the ground and walks in the direction Clint walked in.

" They won't hurt us, will they, " Little Asha asks in worry.

" I won't let that happen don't worry, " Ren says with a reassuring smile. "Plus, they're old friends. . .sorta."

They continue to walk until they reach the quinjet. It sits in the moonlight, hatch down, waiting for them to arrive. What Ren didn't expect is Riley running from out from the inside and crushing her little sister in a hug.

" Holy crap I've missed you, " Riley mumbles. Asha squirms in the sister sandwich, trying to free herself. Riley notices the movement and steps back to see the pink six year old girl. "Who's this little girl. "

" Asha, this is Riley, " Ren introduces, "Riley meet Asha. Riley what are you even doing here anyways? I thought you were in the city. "

" I'll explain on the way, " Riley says, "Come on everyone is waiting. "

" Oh oka- wait who's everyone! " Ren calls as Riley runs back to the jet ignoring Ren. She groans and walks over to the jet with the others following, not far behind.

• • • • • • • • • • • •

Ren sits awkwardly in between Riley and Newt, with little Asha strapped in on her lap. The avengers were all staring at Ren's little group. Apparently Natasha was never working for Fury after the Fall and actually wanted to help Ren get away and stay safe. Also, Coulson's old team + Johnny are at the hideout (the old warehouse Ren took refuge. )

" So. . . This is all very shocking, " Ren says breaking the silence.

" Ren, where did you even get the kid, " Tony asks from somewhere on the plane.

" None of your business Stark, " Ren snaps back, hugging Asha a bit tighter.

" It was a simple question, " He mutters.

" So uh, how have you been Ren, " Bruce asks trying to release tension.

" Pretty good after I was viciously attacked by Angel, we ran as you all know, " Ren explains, " Bee took us to Charles Xavier's School for the Gifted. Then he left with the other Autobots to fight with Megatron. Logan died, Luna cried, and Jackson's after me. 'Found this girl, took her in and her we are today. "

" That sounds like a horrible nursery rhyme, " Tony whispers, loudly, to Bruce.

" Tony Stark you are a horrible whisperer, " Riley states.

Asha just sits there on Ren's lap very confused.

"I did that on purpose, " Tony responds walking away from Bruce towards Ren, his hands behind his back. " You were supposed to hear me say that. I also wanted to point out why is Luna not here? And why do you have that small child? "

" One, Luna hates me and blames the death of Logan on me, " Ren answers, "And two, this is, as I explain for the hundredth time, Asha. I found her living alone. "