Chapter 27

3rd person's POV

"What the hell are you doing up there!" Logan screams from the ground to Luna and Ren who are hanging out on the roof of the mansion. May I remind you it's about 5 floor levels.

"Stop worrying so much Logan," Luna yells back, swinging her legs back and forth over the ledge.

"Yeah, loosen up brosif!" Ren yells leaning over a bit.

"You're going to fall!" He squeals.

"I have a healing factor ya ding-dong!" Ren turns to Luna with a smile, "You know what I think?"

"I'm not telepathic, so no."

"I think lil' Logan is scared we will fall." Ren says loud enough for him to hear.

"Aw, LOGAN YOU DO CARE!" Luna screams.

"REN STOP TELLING LIES TO LUNA!" He screams back.

Minho sticks his head out the window, "Stop yelling!"

"Minho, stop being so loud," Luna screams at him louder than before. He rolls his eyes and shuts the window going back inside to nap.

Both girls start laughing. Luna pushes Ren a little, Ren shoves back. Soon enough they're both shoving each other playfully. Luna shoves Ren a little too hard and Ren's butt slips off the ledge.

She starts to free fall.

"REN!" Both Luna and Logan yell.

Ren tries grabbing the windowsills that are flying past. Ren screams scare everyone in the house outside. Newt, being first one out the door, sees Ren falling towards the gravel below.

All she sees is the blue sky and house blurring past her peripheral vision as she falls. Her limbs flail about as if she's trying to grab the air to stop. The last thing she remembers is hitting the ground. Gravel pieces getting lodged into her skin and skull. Cutting her arms, back, legs, and head.

• • • • • • •
[Fun fact: While writing this the song Geronimo by Sheppard came on, oh the irony]
• • • • • • •

"Is she okay?"

"Ew, there's one lodged in her back."

"That's a lot of blood." Thud.

Ren's eyes open wide immediately. She quickly sits up from the metal table.

"That was..... AWESOME!" She yells. She bounces up and down on the table, making it shake, "I wanna do it again!"

"Ren, calm down," Professor X says calmly setting hand on Ren, forcing her to lay down back on the table in the medical room.

Her eyes look around the room. She sees Newt puffy eyed, Minho with wide eyes, Logan....passed out on the floor.

Typical Logan... She thinks.

"Did you guys get hit by a bus or something," Ren asks in a joking matter.

"No," Minho responds slowly, "But you died."

"So..." Ren asks, "I have a healing factor an-"

"Ren, your healing factor isn't strong enough at the moment," Charles informs, "You need to try to not get hurt. Just take it easy."

"But-"

"No buts Ren!" Newt yells standing up form the chair, "You almost died."

"We'll leave you two alone," The professor says leading Minho, who's carrying a passed out Logan, out the door.

The door shuts, leaving a silence in the cold metal medical room.

"Newt I-"

"I almost lost you, you know," he whispers so quietly she almost missed it, looking down messing with her fingers on her left hand. "You've been out for two days Ren, your heart actually stopped beating. Luna hasn't come out of her room, thinking she killed her best friend. You need to be more careful."

"I- I actually died, " Ren whispers thinking they were over exaggerating.

"You though we were joking," Newt snaps. Ren looks at the floor. His face softens. "S-Sorry I didn't-"

"It's okay," Ren mutters, "I was being stupid for going up there." She looks up, "I'm going to go talk to Luna." She heads for the door but is stopped by Newt.

"I wouldn't do that," he warns, "She's a bloody mess."

"She thinks I'm dead, "Ren reminds, "I'm talkin' to her."

• • • • • • • •

After Ren got directions to Luna's room, the first thing she here's is...slurping?

Slowly Ren opens the door, afraid of what she's going to find on the other side. She peeks her head inside to see Luna in a maroon fuzzy robe, hair matted, dried mascara running down her face. She looks like an absolute wreck.

Empty Insta' Noodles cups surround her bed and floor. Luna stares at the screen on the opposite side of the door, watching Marley and Me.

"Don't get attached stupid!" She yells throwing her Insta' Noodles at the screen. It hits the glass with a "slap". Slowly it slides down the TV onto the floor.

"Damn," Ren says leaning on the doorframe. Luna jumps at her voice. "You'd think someone broke up with you."

"REN!" Luna falls off the bed onto the floor. The snaps of styrofoam cups and a loud thud is all that is heard when her body disappears.

"I'M BACK BABY," Ren yells dining a weird dance move, leaning back and shaking her hips while her arms are open wide.

"BUT YOU DIED!" Luna screams her head appearing at the edge of the bed near the TV.

"So I've heard," Ren responds dropping her arms and standing up straight then walking in to sit on the bed. Luna immediately wraps her arms around Ren's body.

"I thought I killed my best friend," she mumbles into Ren's greasy, unwashed hair, "you need to wash you hair it smells like death."

"Gee, I wonder why?" Ren asks sarcastically.

"Aw how sweet a reunion between best friends," A women says.

A/N

To be honest... I had no plan for this chapter....until the end. Who do you think is the women?