Chapter 46

They sit in the damp musky cell in the dim light thinking of a plan to escape. Ren is laying on the dirty floor staring at the cracking ceiling.

"Movies make this look so easy, " Ren says out of the blue her eyes fixed on the gray cement. Peter rolls his eyes before going back to thinking.

"Ren. . ." he asks slowly looking over at the girl, "Don't you have powers?" Her eyes slowly go wide and she smacks her forehead and drags her hand down her face.

"Times like these I question if I was really learning anything in school," Ren states getting up from the floor.

"Well you did make an ironman suit." Peter points out.

"Wait. . ." Ren stops at the door, "They'd probably think of me using my powers."

"They can't prevent you from using your powers against themselves," Peter says. Ren looks at him weird.

"What the fu-"

"Long story, don't question it, just work."

Ren just looks back at the lock and mouths 'Okay then' to herself. She let's the metal slowly seep out of her system into her hand and presses her palm to the lock. The silver liquid molds into the shapes of the inside. Ren makes the liquid move the metal pieces to unlock the metal gate. A soft click is heard to know the job is done.

Ren smirks to herself as she opens the door as quietly has possibly. She looks back at Peter only to remember that he is chained to the wall as prisoner. She frowns before staring at the chain on his ankles before it melts on the spot without harming him.

Peter scoots away from the metaled puddle. He looks at the bronze splotch then Ren then back at the puddle. He opens and closes his mouth trying to come up with words.

"Long story, don't question it, just come along peasant," Ren mocks quoting him from a minute ago before rushing out of the cell to the door and works on that lock.

Pete gets up from the floor and steadies himself on the wall as he walks for the first time in months. He laughs a little when he takes a wobbly step, then another, and another. Soon enough he's over by Ren.

Another soft 'click' is heard and Ren pushes the door open quietly and sticks her head out.

"Wait, we need a plan," Peter whispers.

"I prefer to improvise," Ren whispers back looking at him, "Here's the outline we get out through the stairwell and run for it. "

"What about Loki?" Peter says crossing his arms, " With power com-"

"Comes great responsibility. I hate it when you're right," Ren finishes dryly before letting out an annoyed puff of breath, "Fine we'll get the bastard. Wait. . .I thought he was behind this."

"I'll explain when we get there."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

After sneaking around avoiding HYDRA agents and guards they finally made it to the other cell on the very last floor. Ren and Peter stop in front of the gigantic dirty bronze door with gears covering it. They all connect together and meet at the little key hole in the middle. It reminds Ren of something between the Harry Potter vault and Steampunk.

Ren presses her palm against the keyhole and does the same as she did to the other doors. Soon enough all the gears start to turn; surprisingly no sound comes from them. A small smirk is on Ren's face when both doors swing inward slowly to reveal a dark hallway.

Lightbulbs that hang from the ceiling start to flicker on creating a warm glow to the dark hallway that holds the most trickiest person.

"Well, better now before any guards come," Ren says walking in with Peter behind her. Once they get walk far enough inside the doors slowly close on their own, scaring the crap out of the two.