Chapter 43

"She is WHAT?" Riley screams at Tony just hearing the news of her 'baby' sister is missing. They're all sitting (except Riley) around in the 'meeting tent'.

[it was mentioned (sorta) a few chapters ago, when they were all deciding weather or not to find Jackson]

"Jeez woman you act like she can't take care of herself," Tony mutters wiggling his ear to see if he's gone deaf.

"That's the thing, "Riley says just a tad insane like, "She C.A.N.T! I know Ren she's reckless, and crazy, and and unstable! She could have already been on a murder spree already. Twenty people could be dead and we wouldn't know."

"Gee you have faith in your sister," Natasha says sarcastically.

"Don't sass me Romanoff," Riley snaps pointing at the red head with a glare that could kill. Natasha only raises her hands in surrender and rolls her eyes.

" Why don't we all just calm down," Ward says resting a hand on Riley's shoulder.

"Oh yeah why don't we all just calm the fudge down," Riley says in a mocking tone, "We could all just talk about our feelings. I'll go first. I WANNA RIP SOMEONES HEAD OFF!"

Jemma steps into the conversation and looks at Riley with calm eyes, "Riley why don't you just take a deep breath and-"

"And what Simmons? Huh, not panic about my baby sister, not go after Jackson for not stopping her, not go after her? 'Cause that's all I really want to do!" She screams.

"Ma'am," Steve starts.

"Steve cut the ma'am crap and shut up and sit down no way now can you all stop me from going after Ren," Riley orders turning around and stomping out of the tent, "And none of you ass-holes can stop me!"

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Ren sits at the top of a tree at the edge of the forest of the fence by the Burning City. The strong scent of ash and fire hung in the air. The silver barrier clangs against the poles that hold it up, taunting Ren.

"How the fudge do I get in their," Ren mutters to herself. What would take an average person about a five hours to get through took Ren a matter of seconds to get through the forest. Her eyes focus on the fence as she starts to think of why she ran. Would Riley go berserk? Did anyone even notice? Will Newt ever except her once again?

She let's out a loud sigh before jumping down from the mighty tree. The impact sends a bit of pain to the balls of her feet, but she ignores it and starts to walk back into the forest to set up a camp for the night. She'll figure out how to get in later.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Ren uses a stick to poke at the embers of the small fire for entertainment. Oh how she wishes she had someone to keep her company instead of being alone in the dead of night.

"What else can go wrong," Her head looks at the sky in search of an answer. She stares at the forever cloudy sky as she sits waiting for. . .something. Something to happen to her. After weeks of nonstop plans and actions, this all seems dull and boring to just sit.

She sighs and let's a dagger seep into her hand as the metal slowly leaks out of the pores in her skin. Her fingers twirl the object between her fingers before flicking it into the dirt. She repeats the action over and over till there's a giant mush pile of dirt and mulch by her feet.

A twig snaps from behind the young girl. Ren stands up straight and points the dagger from where the sound came from. The dagger is soon formed into a sword as more droplets group together.