Chapter 28

At Camp in the Wilds. . .

Tony flies down from the zip line post onto the ground when he sees the person he was looking for. Natasha Roman.

"Hey Natasha?" Tony asks walking up to her. She looks up from the ground, fixing her backpack strap she gives Tony a 'what now' look.

"What is it Stark, " She asks annoyed, wanting to get as far away as possible from him. She has a mission to go on.

"Have you seen Ren, Riley, Jackson, or Peter, " Tony asks.

"Jackson's missing!" Natasha exclaims, going wide eyed.

"Yeah, " Tony says, "I just-"

"I got to go Tony, " She pushes past him and calls Fury as she heads for the forest.

She pushes past the huge trees when he picks up. "Sir, we have a problem... . "

• • • • • • • •

A tall blue women with red slicked back hair stands in the door way, arms crossed. Her golden eyes stare at the girls.

" You're Mystique! " Ren says enthusiastically. " I heard so much about you. I really like your mutant powers, I find them fascinating! "

" Dinner's ready, " She says plainly and walks away from the door down the hall.

" She's.... nice? " Luna says.

" 'Kay then, " Ren says heading out the door to the dining room.

• • • • • • •

Everyone is chatting away. By everyone, I mean Hank, Mystique, Charles, Eric, Ren and her friends (minus Bee who's in the garage.)

Newt notices Ren's weird behavior. She's just pushing her food around on her plate, cutting it up so it looks like it's eaten. He places a hand on her shoulder to get her attention.

She looks up from the plate and looks into his worried eyes.

"You okay," he asks quietly. She gives him a false smile and nods.

"Yeah, yeah, " She lies and rubs her eyes, "Just a bit tired is all."

"You sure?" He asks. "Because you can tell me-"

"Newt, " Ren says, "I'm fine." She places a reassuring hand on his shoulder. As soon as Newt smiles back and continues his conversation with Thomas Ren's face returns to a glum expression.

After dinner Ren walks downstairs to check up on Bee.

"Hey, Bee you awake?" Ren asks. Bee immediately changes from his alt-form, surprised to hear her voice thinking she was still dead.

When Ren sees his surprised optics she says, "I know I know I'm alive I woke up this after noon from the dead. Forgot to tell you I had a healing factor." He leans down to see Ren better to make sure he's not seeing things.

" I was worried..... you were dead, " Bee says through the radio, changing the stations.

"We need to find Ratchet to fix, " Ren pokes his speaker, "your voice box."

"Should we....invite...all of them, " he asks.

"Maybe, " She yawns, "I'm going to bed we'll talk in the morning."

• • • • • • • • •

Ren tosses and turns in bed, mumbling the same line over and over again in her sleep.

Angelica stands there in the middle of the empty room. White eyes staring at Ren. Surrounded by fire. Angelica repeats the same thing over and over again. Stepping closer each time she says it.

I'm not the only one. Some people aren't friends.

Ren tries to walk away, only to sink deeper into the floor. She struggles to try and get out only to sink even deeper.

When there's only her head left above Angel leans down and whispers, " Hail Hydra. "

She sinks all the way and falls through a black abyss. Her butt falls onto the hard ground. Looking around she sees she's in a meadow, at night. The stars light up the sky. Moonlight shines off the closed tulips and talk grass. A forest circle the meadow to create a circle. It's almost. . .peaceful.

Slowly she stands up from the small patch on dirt. She looks around at her surroundings. Something is wrong, she can tell.

She turns all the way around and sees him: Loki. He stands there with a stupid smirk on his face.

" You, " Ren growls, " Get out of my head! "

" To late for that darling, " He whispers, " You're just like your parents oblivious, weak, and have no idea what you've got yourself into. "

" Don't talk about my parents, " Ren growls.

" Then let's talk about your sister, Riley is it, " He chuckles stepping forward, hands behind his back. He circles Ren. " Agent, Sister, girlfriend, soon to be dead. "

"You stay away from her!" Ren screams. He laughs and appears in front of her.

"To late, " He whispers.

• • • • • • •

Ren's eyes open from the horrible nightmare. She sits up and looks around her room. She tires to calm herself down. Taking deep breaths, staring out the window into the night sky.

" Loki I swear if I see you're stupid face again , "Ren mutters, " I'll slice it's off and watch you die. "

A/N
Sorry it's short! I accidentally erased it then rewrote it.