Chapter 49

After Peter calmed Ren down and said when her healing factor works again she'll probably get her hearing back. But to Ren that sounds like 'you'll get your hearing back guarantee.'

Ren is still quite silent and depressed still. The thought of her sister burning to death hurts her so much. When she falls asleep she has dreams of the blast. So she tries to stay awake.

After the Captain Sparrow incident, Ren doesn't actually know what to make of or how the hell he was real and Peter also saw him. They both thought it was something to do with her powers or something. They just don't question it.

Jackson, tries to stay as far away from Ren feeling like the death of Riley is his fault. If he just watched Ren like he was supposed to, they wouldn't have left to find her and Riley wouldn't have died.

"Ren you need to eat something," Peter urges. He understands the heartbreak she feels, and Ren knows that but she still doesn't eat. She just doesn't feel hungry. She never normally did before the incident, but this is a different reason why.

"Ren, please," He hates to see her like this.

Ren looks at him while she lays down in her cot and he sits next to her with a can of the fruit cocktail and a spoon. "I don't like cantaloupe."

"She speaks!" Peter yells happily. He looks at Ren's 'shut the shuck up' face. He awkwardly clears his throat. He scoops a piece of pineapple into a spoon and moves it towards Ren's face.

Ren grabs the spoon out of his hand and says a little rudely (without meaning to)"I can feed myself."

"Okay, okay, sorry sheesh," Peter says. He picks up a book from off the table with one of those book covers with the pattern to protect the cover, and starts to read it.

"What are you reading Peter," Ren asks looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

Peter shifts and little and hides the words from Ren, "Nothing."

"Peter Parker what are you hiding from me," She asks. He puts the book in his lap and rests his elbow on it. His hand rests in his hand and he says, "What? Nothing. I-I'm reading," he checks the inside, "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets?"

"Sure," Without warning she pulls the book out from under him and pushes him off the table he was sitting on. Her eyes read the title page then looks at him with a look, "Really Peter. Twilight. "

"It's a good book," He defends from the floor.

"Sure," Ren says slowly jumping off the bed.

"Where are you going?" Peter asks getting off the floor quickly to catch up to Ren.

"To the forest," Ren answers in a duh tone.

"No you're not," Peter says in a protective tone, "Name one time you've gone into that place and something bad hasn't happened."

Ren opens her mouth and puts her finger in the air to answer that question, but soon that finger curls back into her hand and she closes her mouth. She forces her hands into her dirty black sweatshirt, that she was given, pocket. Her face goes into a pout knowing Peter won't let her leave his sight for anything. Believe it or not, something just urged her to go to the forest. Sounds crazy, for Ren maybe not but to a normal person sounds like mumbo-jumbo.

"Just going off a limb her," Ren says with a bored tone and look, "I'm not going am I. "

"Nope," He answers standing in front of her with arms crossed in a similar sweatshirt and black track pants. Ren rolls her eyes and pushes him aside. "Are you back to not talking to me?"

She doesn't answer.

"I'll take that as a yes."

So what if I might die if I go to the forest? Ren thinks to herself. I just want to see why I feel this way. Maybe it has something to do with Riley. . .

Ren dismisses the thought as nonsense. Riley burned Ren tells herself. She's gone. She's not tee trees, the air, a butterfly. Just let it go. . .

Ren takes a deep breath and turns around to look at Peter.

"Please leave me alone," Ren says with a dark look in her golden eyes, "I need some answers. So please, go away!" Peter steps back, shocked at Ren's words and appearance. He never expected such darkness from her, but he also can't blame her. She's been through so much the past year.

He nods and walks back into the medical tent to go finish reading. Ren rolls her eyes and stomps towards Loki's tent.

As she's about to enter, Clint steps in front of her a bowl of steaming potatoes and carrots in his hand.

"Woah woah woah, where do you think you're going," Clint asks with a raised eyebrow.

"To see him," Ren answers sternly looking at him as if to ask to defy her wishes, "Move or I break your arms and shoot your toe with your own bow."

He steps aside afraid of this side of the girl. Ren rips the curtain aside so fast and hard it almost came off the pole. She does the same to close it.

She comes face to face with Loki, whose hair is neater than before and looks more refreshed. A smile appears on his face.

"Ah, dear Katherine-"

"Don't call me Katherine."

"Alright, Ren, what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you," He says with a mock bow, "my daughter." He says that word as if it's meant to tease her. He knows it bothers her, and that's why he uses it almost. Just to get under her skin, yet he's her so called father. Maybe biologically, but definitely not in raising the kid.

"Answers," Ren says coming closer to him with a horrifying look on her face. It's so. . .dark. A tad bit of insanity leaks from it. "If what you say is true. Then, how did I end up of Earth? How come no one knew? "

"Teleportation obviously," He says as if she should of already knew that answer," And your my daughter. Oh and, they knew. All of them.Every. . .single. . .last. . .person. Why do you think you somehow managed to get here after you blew on that little dandelion?"

Ren's mind draws to a blank for a few short moments trying to process what he just said. He brought her here. He let Jackson's and her relationship fall apart. He let her heart crack. He let Riley and all of her family die while she couldn't do anything. He let Ren become what she is. . .with lies.

"What." Ren asks in a steady tone, anger raising within her. "What!" She screams. Before Clint comes into the room at the sudden outburst, Ren tackles Loki to the floor a dagger in hand ready to stab him in between the eyes without guilt. Fire obvious in her crazy golden eyes.

Clint tackles her off Loki. The wrestle on the floor. Clint tries to take the small silver dagger in Ren's hand. Ren just struggles and squirms. Kicking and screaming at Clint to get off of her to murder Loki.

His words echo in her mind: Everyone knew.

This makes Ren realize that Loki isn't the only target. Her eyes focus on Clint.

"Did you know!" She screams at him. Clint's face twists in confusion.

"Yes- no! I don't know! That you weren't from here, yes! That was obvious! Loki was your father, no! " He says in all honesty. This makes Ren calm a little bit, but still fire raged in her veins. Things start to rattle. Her veins and eyes glow the all to familiar gold color that mean one thing: damage.

"Get. Off. Me," She hisses at Clint.

"Promise not to murder him!" Clint yells at her as if it would do something.

"I promise," She yells through gritted teeth.

"Middle swear," Clint says forcefully. He pins her right forearm down with his elbow and holds his middle finger out.

"Fine," she bends her hand back and intertwines her middle finger with his as a promise. "Still hate 'im though."

Peter runs up with a worried look on his face as he rips open the curtain. "They're back." He says panting. "What uh, what happened here."