Chapter 6

Slowly and carefully Ren walks out the door into the open. Bright light invades her eyes blinding her for a few moments.

Soon her eyes adjust. The ground is brown and dusty. All the trees cut away to make room for the multiple cabins. Zip lines hang over the roof tops.

People of all kind fill the camp. Mutants, S.H.I.E.L.D agents, and everyone else.

Ren stands in the middle, turning around looking at the setting. Watching everyone at work.

"Woah..."Ren mutters.

No one notices her presence and continues working.

Finally she snaps out of her daze and looks behind her back at Jack.

"This is some pretty cool sh-"

"REN!" Newt's voice cuts her off as she runs over her and grabs her to spin her around.

Newt sets her back on the ground. Everyone stops what they were doing right then and there to stare. Ren backs away slowly over to Jack.

Out of the corner of her mouth she whispers, "Why are they staring?"

"Uhhh." Jack says trying to think of an answer.

Just then a group of people on their left break apart to create a path leading them to the center. A girl, blonde hair cascading down her back stick straight and dull, blue-gray eyes lost and depressed stands at the end. Tears falling down her face onto the dry forest floor.

"Ren? Is that really you?" Riley croaks. Her voice hoarse as if she hasn't spoken in ages.

Ren nods and starts walking towards Riley, slowly it turns into a run and she lands in her sister's arms. Riley squeezes the life out of her sister.

"You're here, you're not gone, you're here..." Riley sobs. She sets Ren onto the ground and looks at her face. A smile on Riley's face.

"I've missed you so much," Riley sobs still smiling.

Jack yells at the large crowd of people, telling them go back to work. Six people stay in their spots not moving.

Ren looks up from her sister's shoulder to see her friends. Tony, Bruce, Peter (Parker), Clint, Thor, and Steve. They all look at Ren, smiles on their faces.

She opens her arms and they all run into a group hug.

"So...when they group hug it's okay...but when we hug she yells at us to get off," Minho states walking up behind Newt with Thomas.

"I mean, we can't blame her," Thomas says, "Things are...pretty insane."

Newt sighs, Jack walks up, "She just needs some alone time, she needs time to adjust. Jack Hugar," He holds his hand out for Newt to shake and he does.

"Newt, her boyfriend," Newt looks him in the eyes, "What about you?"

Minho and Thomas stand there awkwardly, avoiding the 'conversation' between the two.

"Best friend...since forever." Jack answers playing his game. "Now, let me show you around, greenies." He says with a smirk turning around to show them the camp.