Chapter 5

Ren is tied to a chair, unconscious. The three idiots that followed her are in another room in the wooden cabin. All getting interrogated.

Natasha is waiting patiently on the other side of the table. Sitting there, tapping her fingers on the table. Slowly Ren wakes up.

She opens her eyes to see Natasha with a bored expression on her face. Ren has the biggest grin possible on hers. Tears form in her eyes.

"Natasha, I thought you were dead," Ren chokes out, tears slipping down her face.

"Save the act, Loki has sent you people more than once, now tell me," Natasha leans over the table, "Why are you here?"

"Nat, what are you talking about...don't you recognize me," Ren asks.

"Why would I, your just one of Loki's spies,"She hisses.

"It's me...Ren? Natasha..." Ren says.

"Ren has been gone for three years now....dead... Now tell me...Why. Are. You. Here." Natasha says with no emotion. What? Three years...that...that can't be right....a month at the most...what?

"I wanna talk to Jack," Ren says.

"Tell me why are you here," Natasha commands, almost yelling.

"Where is Jack," Ren orders.

Natasha huffs and walks to the door. She sticks her head out.

"Get me Jackson," She says.

After five minutes a tall boy with black shaggy hair walks in. He can't be more than sixteen. He replaces Natasha and sits on the other side of the table, arm slung over the back of the chair. He kicks his legs onto the top of the desk.

"Jack," Ren says in disbelief.

"That's my name, why do you wanna talk to me," He says.

"It's me Ren? Your best friend?" Ren tries to convince.

Jack's eyes focus on Ren. He slams his fists on the table, and stares at Kat.

"REN IS GONE! YOU CAN'T BE HER!" He screams tears in his eyes. "This is a waste of time." He mutters and gets up to leave.

"Wait! I can prove it."

"How?" He mutters.

Ren smirks, "Orange you glad I didn't say banana Jack-ass."

He stares at her for a few minutes. Trying to decipher if he can trust her or not. He crosses his arms.

"What's my middle name, only she would know that," he orders.

"Marion," She smirks. He immediately runs and tackles her (and the chair) to the floor in a hug.

He starts crying and not letting go.

"You're not dead...You're here....you're here..." he says in between sobs.

Ren looks at him confused, "Why would I be dead? Never mind answer that question later."
He looks at her in the eyes, a smile is on his face...the biggest one Ren has ever seen.

"Wow...puberty slapped you in the face," She says, "Now...get off of me and untie me!"

"Boy have I missed you," He says shaking his head.

Ren smiles, "That's great...NOW UNTIE ME!"

After he finally unties Ren. Natasha walks back into the room.

"I was wondering how it was going- WHY DID YOU UNTIE HER!" She yells rushing over to Ren.

Jack steps in front of Ren to block her from getting tackled by Natasha.

"Woah woah Nat it's okay! It's Ren she's not dead!" Jack says.

Natasha eyes Ren carefully, obviously not convinced. She walks up to Jack and stares at him dead in the eyes.

"You better not be wrong Hugar," Natasha takes one more look at Ren before walking away and out the door.

"Well, she hasn't changed," Ren says as the door slams shuts with a bang, causing both of them to flinch.

Jack shakes his head, "Nope...I think she's actually gotten worse, but I mean I don't blame her after you know."

She rolls her eyes, "No, actually I don't... coma thingy remember."

He nods his head, "Right...gotta catch ya up one that."

"And my friends?" She asks crossing her arms.

"Them too," he says jogging to the door, "Comin'?"

In the first time in a while, Ren smiles and jogs towards her best friend and sidekick.