Chapter 22

Newt, Ren, Minho, and Thomas all stay in the shadows to get to their cabin. Avoiding all the S.H.E.I.L.D Agents on the look out for the missing prisoner, putting out the fire, which is like a spark by now, or cleaning up the ruined hospital.

Ren crouches down to the floor silently to stay in the dark as more soldiers- I mean agents march by.

"Damn," Ren mutters, "They're worst than Hydra."

"Ren," Minho blurts out, "You do realize, we still have no idea what you're talking about."

"I'll catch you up with some stuff in the city," Ren says standing. They look up and down the dirt road before running across to get to their cabin. Ren walks through the doorless frame and finds her backpack on the floor where she fell.

She sees the wreckage she caused. Broken glass, furniture tipped over, and broken wood litter the floor.

"Did I do this," Ren ask eyes wide.

"Yep," Thomas says popping the 'p'.

"This is cool, yet terrifying to know I have such power," Ren mutters examining her right arm. Her finger traces along a vein, lighting it up. She turns around and faces the boys.

"Grab all the non perishable food and water bottles you can and put it in the bags," Ren orders. She fiddles with her fingers. Her hands are sweating. Trying to calm her nerves down as every scenario that ends badly runs through her head.

Calm down, you're a smart girl. You won't get caught. Take a deep breath and focus. He says to Ren. Following his instructions she takes a deep breath, wipes her sweaty hands on her pants, and walks upstairs to get one final thing.

She slowly walks over to the dresser to see a family portrait. They all were sitting in their backyard. Ren and Riley were playing with a slip-n-slide in the summer. Her father was sitting watching them, laughing his baby blue eyes sparkling with joy. Her mother was the one taking the picture.

She smiles at the happy family picture. A small tear slips out and rolls down her face. She swallows and breathes placing the picture in her backpack.

"Get ahold of yourself Ren," She mumbles.

"Let's go come on," Thomas says from the door. Ren nods and walks towards him.

Running through the forest as fast as they can. Ren doesn't use her superspeed so they can follow her. They rush past the trees. Leaves crunching under their feet. Moonlight barely visible making it hard to not run into stuff or trip.

They made it by the old car, which is covered in graffiti now, waiting for the rest of their group. Phil's old team walks out of the forest and stand by the car.

" 'Bout time you'd show up," Skye says with a smile.

"Sorry I was trying not to run into trees," Ren says.

"Ren you run into things on a daily basis," Thomas points out.

"Well today I was actually paying extra attention because maybe, I don't know, pretty much broke out of prison."

"For the third time," Jemma adds. Ren rolls her eyes. She looks around for her older sister.

"We're's Riley? She said she's meet us here?" Ren says worrying. Newt puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry she'll be here," he assures her.

"I hope so," Ren says looking at him, "I've had enough disappointment already."

A/N

Sorry it's shorter than usual I haven't been writing as much! It's just some school stuff and my mom thinks I'm to much on my phone so I have a limited time now. Soo yeah, sorry again.

Ta ya for now,
KiwiJFerris

Ps

I forgot to tell you guys, there are some important characters in next few chapter. Who, I will give you a hint...

Ssamertfnror