Chapter 3

Ren hops into the driver's seat. Minho gets in the seat next to her. Newt and Thomas in the back. She starts to look around for the key that is hopefully in the car.

She looks in the console to find nothing but an old peppermint stuck to the bottom and pen. She immediately thought of Percy Jackson...then her sword.

"Thomas...where is my sword," she asks slowly turning her head to look at Thomas. He hands the silver sword to Ren. She nods her head in 'thanks' and let's the metal soak back into her skin on her arm.

Minho looks at the grotesque sight. He shudders as it disappears.

"That's disgusting," Minho mutters.

"Yes, girls love to hear that..." Ren mutters as she opens the visor. The keys fall straight down into her lap. They had a little angry bird key chain attached to the key ring. The bird has mis colored purple line down it's back that had to be done with a marker.

"Oh my god..." She whispers as she holds the key in the palm of her hand.

"What?" Minho asks confused.

"This...this is my sister's car..."She mumbles. The worst runs through her head, but she comes back to reality quickly and jams the keys in the ignition and pulls out of the parking spot in front of the tower.

Ren smirks as she looks at everyone in the car.

"Ren what are you doing?" Newt asks, but Ren completely ignores him...still mad about him jumping after her. And stomps on the gas pedal and races through the empty broken streets.

"HAHA WHOOO!" She yells as she swerves in the empty street through the faded white lines.

Minho looks at Newt, "YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS CRAZY!" He yells over Ren's joyful screaming.

After about five minutes more of reckless driving and insane screaming, Ren slows down. Earning a bunch of thank you's from the group.

So far they haven't seen any thing out if the ordinary...let me rephrase that...anything that could mean danger. But they all kept quiet, not sure what to say. Ren is done with the quietness, she tests the radio.

" This is 94.5 and this is a throw back to 2015, Taylor Swift's Welcome to New York!"

Ren is confused by the words the radio host said...A throw back to 2015? Isn't it 2014? Well, I guess it is 2015 now since I was out for a month...but it wouldn't be a throw back would it?

Ren, not wanting to worry the group, pushes the thought to the back of her head. She focuses on the words of the song, and sings along.

"Walking through a crowd, the village is aglow
Kaleidoscope of loud heartbeats under coats
Everybody here wanted something more
Searching for a sound we hadn't heard before
And it said"

"Welcome to New York
It's been waiting for you
Welcome to New York
Welcome to New York
Welcome to New York
It's been waiting for you
Welcome to New York
Welcome to New York"

"It's a new soundtrack
I could dance to this beat, beat
Forevermore
The lights are so bright
But they never blind me, me
Welcome to New York
It's been waiting for you
Welcome to New York
Welcome to New York"

"When we first dropped our bags on apartment floors
Took our broken hearts, put them in a drawer
Everybody here was someone else before
And you can want who you want
Boys and boys and girls and girls"

"Welcome to New York
It's been waiting for you
Welcome to New York
Welcome to New York
Welcome to New York
It's been waiting for you
Welcome to New York
Welcome to New York"

"It's a new soundtrack
I could dance to this beat, beat
Forevermore
The lights are so bright
But they never blind me, me
Welcome to New York
It's been waiting for you
Welcome to New York
Welcome to New York"

"Like any great love, it keeps you guessing
Like any real love, it's ever-changing
Like any true love, it drives you crazy
But you know you wouldn't change anything, anything, anything"

"Welcome to New York
It's been waiting for you
Welcome to New York
Welcome to New York
Welcome to New York
It's been waiting for you
Welcome to New York
Welcome to New York"

"It's a new soundtrack
I could dance to this beat
The lights are so bright
But they never blind me
Welcome to New York"

"New soundtrack
It's been waiting for you
Welcome to New York
The lights are so bright
But they never blind me
Welcome to New York
So bright, they never blind me
Welcome to New York
Welcome to New York"

Ren hears the song fade out and the radio host comes back and starts talking nonsense so she shuts off the radio. They all sit in silence. Ren didn't know it, but they were all (except Newt who is being ignored and realizes this) staring at her. She notices after a few minutes and quickly looks at Minho and Thomas.

"What," she asks.

"You sing?" Thomas asks.

Ren rolls her eyes and mumbles , "Why is everyone so surprised..."

"Maybe because...you're lunatic that's superhuman and travels through books somehow?" Minho offers, but receives a punch in the arm.

Ren doesn't speak for the rest of the trip. She has a plan...get to the country... then figure out a plan to take Loki down...find everyone else, if they were still alive.

•#• da Time skip •#•

As crazy as it sounds...they were on a road going straight past a forest. No civilization in sight for miles.

How much has this place changed since I was gone?
Ren thinks to herself.

The grumbling of stomaches stops the trip. Thinking of the forest Ren stops right there in the middle of the road.

"Hungry?" She asks everyone. Thomas and Newt nod.

"Yeah," Minho answers, "And we are going to..."

"Hunt." Ren finishes undoing her seatbelt and gets out of the car.

Everyone looks like she's gone completely mad...for the third time today.

"Listen, we have no food. I have good aim and crazy witchcraft crap...you all have been slicers at least once right?" They all nod...Thomas shudders, "Well, I hunt...You slice...I cook...doodoo-do we have dinner m'kay? M'kay."

Without looking at their reactions or responses, she dashes into the forest. Quickly and silently she runs through the forest, distracted by the scene around her.

She used to dream about something like this. To run through the forest to hunt like Katniss. Hey, would you look at that...the dream is actually a nightmare.

Ignoring the fact that she just broke out of Stark Tower's from (probably) Loki with fictional characters, she enjoys the trees and wind.

She forgets about hunting and just runs through the ever growing oaks and maples. Just hearing the wind in her ears. The sun is going to set soon, so the sky is a beautiful array of oranges, pinks, and purples.

Not paying attention to what's happening, Ren runs straight into another human. A familiar one at that.

"YOU!" He screams as his hood falls off, revealing his quiffed up hair.

A/N

Sorry for crappy chapter!😕