Chapter 51

(Important Author's note at the bottom)

Ren tries to celebrate with everyone else while they cheer on with a feast, music, and a bonfire. The more they dance on the more Ren worries. She feels as if something big is going to happen. Something very important to everyones lives.

Ren sits on a log away from everyone else. Her arms resting on her knees, her hands locked together around her red plastic cup. She thinks about everything. Finally catching up with everything's that happened to her since day one.

Taking a deep breath she pushes herself up and walks over to where everyone is just having fun around the fire. She looks for the one person that she wants: Loki.

She finds him next to Thor. Taking another deep breath she walks over to him giving him a small smile. Returning one he invited her to sit down.

"Whatever happened to I don't want to talk not see you again," He asks, "Not that I'm complaining." He quickly adds.

Ren looks at him before giving him an awkward smile, "I want to apologize. I was just, frustrated and shocked with, well, everything. It's not everyday you find out your real mother was something like a Time Lord and your father is son of Odin." Loki cringes slightly at the name of his 'father'.

"That's understandable," He answers. "You do realize that makes you a queen and a goddess." Ren's eyes slightly widen and her mouth falls a little.

"Holy crap I'm a Queen!" Ren yells jumping from he seat gaining the attention of a few others. Thor chuckles a bit at his nieces reaction. Ren starts to laugh excitedly. Loki smiles at her reaction.

"Yes you will be," Thor says.

"Oh my lord your also my uncle!" Ren says jumping up to wrap her arms around Thor's neck in a hug. Thor stumbles back a bit shocked at the sudden attack. He chuckles at her happiness and tightly hugs her before back letting her land on the floor.

Ren continues laughing and starts to spin around in joy. Tony notices this from across the and comes around to see what's wrong with her.

"What's with the laughing and spininess," He asks carrying a drink in his hand in a plastic clear cup.

"I'm a Queen!" Ren says in the same excited voice stopping to talk to him.

"I feel bad for whatever your ruling," He answers, getting a punch in the shoulder by Ren. "Kidding! Jeez, women. Good job kid." He gives Ren a hug.

"Oh my god I'm so excited!" Ren screams into the night. She looks down then back up at Tony. "I only wish Riley was her to see it..."

"Hey, this is a happy moment. Celebrate in honor of her," Tony says raising his glass. "To Riley!"

Ren raises her glass and 'clinks' it with Tony's. "To underage drink!"

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

Everyone has gone to bed, seeing it's four in the morning. The darkness has taken over the little village. Most are either drunk or dead tired. All except for Ren. She stays up watching the dying fire in her white cardigan.

She squats by the red hot wood watching it as if in a trance. Her fingers, out of habit, fiddle with the necklace that was her mother's. The journal filled with stories and wisdom by her side.

She thinks of nothing, makes no sound, and yet so much is happening without her knowing. The way her fingers trace and create patterns on the cube are opening up a gateway to another world. Where? Only the cube could tell.

Ren starts to subconsciously drawing in the dirt an language long forgotten.

She starts to mumble her thoughts to herself, an old habit that she has when she's alone.

"All is here, all is gone," She mumbles, "That which we know is now gone. Gone. Gone away with the raven bird. Ravens. The omen of Death will be risen to bring the ones we love. The ones we love are picked from the garden to be put in a bouquet of hope."

A small white portal is swirling next to her now. Traces of blue, purple, and red found in it. Where it will lead no one knows.

Ren turns her head behind her to check if anyone is watching. Her golden eyes filled with mischief. Her red streak illuminated in the bright light of the portal.

"Where to go," She continues with her mumbling, "Where to lead. Where should the white rabbit be? Not wonderland, towards the pirate reign."

She takes one look at the camp before sitting up and looking down at the portal.

"For the ones I love I leave," Ren says going back to her normal self, "I love you all. I must go to find out if am I truly the last one."

And with that Ren grabs her mothers old journal and takes a leap into the portal out to where only one knows where the other side leads.

As she disappears, so does the portal that swallowed her up and took her away from her family.

A/N:

I hope you all enjoyed The Regrets of Katherine Barnes! If you all want to comment what you thought that'd be great! If you wanna comment questions for the characters or me that's totally fine!

For the next book, I have no idea when it will be up. I still have to make an outline/plot so it runs smoothly. Well, as smoothly as it can get.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share this series.

If you want the third book up ASAP, comment and vote because motivation for the lazy author!

Oh and keep this book in your library because I'll publish a chapter saying the new story is up!

Hope you all enjoyed the series as much as I. I love you all,

-KiwiJFerris