Chapter 48

Ren sits up fast on the medical bed screaming, "Riley!" Her breath heavy. Her golden orbs frantically looking around the big tent she's in. Empty. That's what it is inside the tent, no one but herself. She looks at the open door. She steps off the bed.

Where is everyone? Where's Riley? Is she okay? Oh dear god please be okay She thinks panicking. What Ren has learned is that she doesn't do well in bad situations. She starts to fear the worst for her sister. Ren rushes out of the tent, limping from a burn on her leg. Apparently her healing factor isn't up and running yet.

She pushes the piece of fabric that is the door out of the way. Something seems. . .off to Ren. Something in the world. She hears everyone that's there, but only out of her right ear. Everything sound muffled her left, can't be heard. She then realizes she has gone deaf in one ear. She doesn't care at the moment, more important matters are at hand.

Clint notices her from across the place. His eyes widen and runs over.

"Ren, listen-"

"Where's Riley," She asks impatiently on the brink of tears. Clint puts hands on her shoulders to keep her still. "Where's Riley!" She screams at him.

"Ren. . .Riley is." He starts to speak. It's hard for him to get the words out and accept it himself. Ren just shakes her head muttering no over and over again. "Ren. Riley is. . .gone."

She steps back and points at him with her left hand. "You're, you're lying. "

"The blast," He starts, "It blew up the hole building. We couldn't go check for a body, so we can't bury her-"

"Stop. . .you, you can't do that!" Ren screams hysterically. She puts her hands over both ears. She starts mumbling things only she can make out, "This is Discord's doings, he just wants to give me horrible dreams again. I'll wake up and Riley will be coming over. Me and Jack will have to go to school. We have the suit to work on. Yeah. My mom will be there to make me breakfast and Dad to take me to Home Depot. It's all a dream. . ."

"Ren calm down, please," Clint asks reaching into his back pocket. Ren doesn't acknowledge him she just continues her mumbling. He pulls out a small syringe and forces it into her arm. Soon she realizes what he did. Her eyes flutter close and she falls into his arms.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Ren just sits on the 'hospital' bed, head in her hands. She refuses to talk to anyone, even if they were there. Only a few are actually at the little camp Ren found out. After the Avenger's came back they rounded up as many groups of people willing to fight as possible and went up against Discord. Clint stayed to keep track of the camp, Loki, Peter, and Ren.

After they found Loki with Ren, they immediately put him under watch of Clint (even though Thor didn't want his brother treated like that) and took his scepter. Peter is in another hospital tent, being cared for.

Jemma came by once after Ren woke up from her little 'nap', but Ren just shook her head and refused to talk.

The idea of Riley dead still hasn't quite delivered to her brain yet. She feels as if Riley will come back with the Avengers and others laughing and or eating shawarma. But that idea seems impossible.

Ren just stares at the dirt floor. Unable to do anything else the shock still far to great for her to handle.

"This all just seems crazy doesn't it," A very, very, familiar voice says. Ren looks up and looks around to see no one. "Over here love."

Ren turns around to face the back right corner. There, standing in the corner arms crossed is. . . Captain Jack Sparrow.

"Uhhhh. . .," Ren stays speechless and very confused. She opens and closes her mouth trying to get something out, but nothing does. She finally just closes her mouth and furrows her brows.

"I shouldn't be shocked with things like this anymore," Ren finally gets out. "I'm going to regret this, Who the hell exactly are you?"

"You don't know me," Captain Jack asks walking over, "I'm Captain Jack Sparrow."

"Sure you are," Ren says. "Well, I'm officially insane. "

"Why is that," He asks walking around, occasionally picking something up, inspecting it. "Is it because you're meeting your idol?"

"What the f-"

"It's not great for a lady to swear," He says with his toothy grin.

"Well when you see a lady tell me," Ren replies lying down with a bandaged arm across her eyes. "I probably will wake up and all of this will be over. . .yeah."

"Hey Ren I heard you're having a hard time so I-" Peter says walking into the tent until her sees Sparrow looking at a scalpel. "Uh, Ren who's your friend?"

Ren sits up and looks at Peter, "You see him too." Pete nods, "Well isn't that just kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck fantastic?"

They both look at her like she has issues in the head. Which she probably does. She shrugs.

"Are you-" Peter starts.

"Captain Jack Sparrow," He introduces himself and sticks his hand out for Peter to shake. Peter slowly shakes his hand then looks at Ren as if to say 'what did you do?'

"Don't know don't ask," Ren answers. Peter whispers something in Ren's right ear. "What did you say? I can't hear it." Realization dawns on her. "I can't hear out of my ear! Peter I can't hear out of my ear!"

He grips her shoulders and starts to calm her down while Jack just stands awkwardly in the room. He looks at them before leaving the tent to where he was 'summoned' as you could call it.

He walks up to where Loki is being held.

"Well, she's um. . .not exactly stable to be sailing under me," He says walking up to Loki. Clint is getting his dinner so he's alone at the moment.

"She needs time," Loki says not looking at him. He lays on the old cot, hands folded on his stomach. "She first needs to get over this, then learn how to control her powers. Of course she's not stable, she just lost the nearest and dearest thing to her heart. So Captain Jack I will send you back, I will inform you when she's ready."

"Hold on a second mate," Jack starts, but before he knows it a portal similar to the one Ren went through when she was in the world of Maze runner shows up. Loki gets up and pushes him inside.

"She'll be ready Captain Jack Sparrow," Loki speaks to himself, "I promise she'll be ready in 6 months time."

A/N:

Very short yes. Oh and probably only like five more chapters till the book is over sooo yeah that's a thing.

Tata for now
-KiwiJFerris