Chapter Thirty One - Confessions

Hina walked into the Development Studio, carrying DJ in her cage. She looked around the, seemingly empty, room until she saw a torso sticking out from underneath a large machine. She cleared her throat. "Um, is that Mei Hatsume?" She asked, catching the attention of the engineer. They slid out from under the machine to reveal themselves as the student in question. "Hey there! How can I help you?" She asked cheerfully. She scanned Hina, catching eye of the cage. "So, here I have my pet DJ. She's a little black bobtail cat. She has a prosthetic leg but it's been acting up a bit lately. I was told that you'd be a good person to come to." She explained as she took DJ out and showed Mei her leg. Mei's eyes were sparkling, examining the leg. "Oh, yeah. I see. It just needs a simple upgrade. Lucky for you, I'm not as busy today. Leave her with me. She'll be up and running by the end of the day." Hina smiled and made her way to the door. She quickly turned around. "Oh, quick head's up. She doesn't like really loud noises much so if possible-" Mei gave her a thumbs up. "That should be no problem. See ya later!" Hina waved as she exited the studio.

As she made her way down the corridors, she heard a voice from an office room, next to her. She quickly recognised the voice to be All Might's. She was about to walk away when she remembered she had something important to tell him. She knocked on the door. "All Might? Is it alright if I come in?" She asked. There was a moment of silence. The door suddenly opened. "Young Hina! Pleasure to see you. Is it possible to talk at another time?" He asked. "If you're talking to Midoriya, that would be even better. It concerns both of you. I won't take long." All Might's brow rose at what she said. He let her into the room and she saw Midoriya sitting in the room. "What's the matter, Hina?" All Might asked, sitting back on the sofa. "Like I said, it's for both of you, so Midoriya?" She gestured for him to sit next to All Might, he done so. "I've been waiting for the right time to tell you but I've never properly found it. But I don't see the point in waiting so I'll just tell you now." All Might and Midoriya looked at each other, in confusion, before looking back at Hina. She took a deep breath.

"So, a while ago, I was trying to find Present Mic. I was told he was in a meeting but was allowed to join him. Whilst I was searching for him, I accidently heard a conversation the two of you were having. Putting it simply, I know about the nature of Midoriya's quirk." Hina saw the two were in slight shock, causing her to start freaking out. "I'm really sorry. I didn't stay for long, I walked away once I realised that I shouldn't have heard anything. I haven't told anyone. I just thought you should know in case-" All Might stood up and walked over to her, trying to calm her down. "Hey, you can calm down. Thank you for telling us. We appreciate your honesty and loyalty." He bowed towards her. Once Midoriya realised, he stood up and bowed as well. "T-Thank you, Hina." He stammered out. She didn't exactly expect them to react like this. "Oh, it's fine. I just wanted to clear the air a bit. Also, if it's not too much, I would like to know about your journey with your quirk. If it's not a bother." The two smiled at her. "Of course, I would gladly share." Midoriya smiled. "Then I guess we should probably add that you're not the only student who knows." All Might added, peaking her interest. "Oh yeah. Kacchan also knows." Hina's eyes widened as she nodded in understanding. "Ok, well that's all I came to say. Sorry for interrupting." She bowed and walked out of the room. She sighed deeply, relieved to have that weight taken off her shoulders.

Meanwhile, Kazuya was leaning against the hospital roof's railing. He took a cigarette and a lighter out of his pocket. He placed the cigarette in his mouth and flicked the lighter to light it. Before it could meet the cigarette, a hand grabbed his wrist and took the lighter out of his hand. "If you wanted a lighter, you could've just called me." The person whispered into his ear, shivers going down his spine. The hand of the man behind him reached in front of his face. He lifted his index finger up and a small flame lit at the top of it. He then proceeded to light Kazuya's cigarette. "What do you want, Dabi?" He asked, continuing not making eye contact. Dabi scoffed. "Y'know, I used that little party trick when we first met. If I recall correctly, you said that it made you fall in love with me." He said, putting both arms around him and grabbing the railing, cornering Kazuya.

He turned around to face his ex. "That was a year ago. What do you want?" He asked, blowing the smoke in Dabi's face. The action didn't even make the villain flinch. "Just wanted to see you." He said. "I'm not buying it." Dabi leaned forward. "So, I see you're giving away some of my personal information to others." He said, referring to Hina. "And I see you still haven't given up your obsession with this literal child! She deserved to know." Kazuya exclaimed, breaking out of Dabi's arms. "Honestly! Sure, she has more than one quirk. But if that's why you were so interested in her then you wouldn't have stalked her in situations where she didn't need to use her quirks. In fact, you had little knowledge on them. Just leave me here to smoke like you did when you left me for her." He sighed as he walked to the other side of the roof. "You were always up late watching your theories. See you've come up with your own." He walked up to him and stroked his cheek. "I always loved that about you." This flustered Kazuya, but he couldn't seem to move. "Yeah? Well, you should've thought twice before kicking me out so you could try and groom a teenager." Dabi sighed. "She shut me down. She left the League and shut me down." Kazuya scoffed at the news. "And what? You've come to your ex to rebound off of?" He asked, turning around.

"Actually, nurse, I came because I can't seem to stitch this back together and could use some help." He said, lifting his shirt to reveal a massive rip where the outline of his scars should be. "Fucking hell! Why didn't you start with that? C'mon, we're going to mine." Kazuya exclaimed, grabbing his arm and making his way to the staircase. "I didn't start with it so see if you still cared enough for me." Dabi replied, making Kazuya stop in his tracks. "You sly bastard. I really do hate you. And I can't make this point more clear." He turned and pressed a finger to Dabi's chest. "All I'm doing are your stitches. Nothing else. No funny business." Dabi smirked at his seriousness. "Sure, no funny business." He said, starting to walk down the stairs. Kazuya sighed. "Piece of shit." He muttered under his breath before following him.