Chapter Thirteen - A Day Out (Bakugou's Perspective)

"I'm gonna kill you guys." Bakugou said to the two boys next to him. "C'mon. You're always so serious and you never come out with us." Kaminari whined as they walked down the street. "We're going to the arcade. We've been really busy and it's good to blow off some steam. And what's a better way to do it then winning on some good ol' games?" Kirishima chimed in, putting his arm around Bakugou's shoulder. "Get your hands off me or I'm gonna blow your dumb hair off your head!" He threatened. Kirishima removed his hand and put his hands up to surrender. "Right. Sorry, bro. Anyways, we're here so let's get our game on!" He said boldly as the trio walked in.

Bakugou looked around, attempting to find something of interest to him. In the corner of his eye, he sees a punching bag machine that piqued his interest. "Hell yeah!" He exclaimed as he walked over to the machine. Kirishima and Kaminari looked over to him to see what he was doing. Once they saw the machine, they sighed. "Well, what were we expecting? Any chance to show off his strength." Kaminari nervously laughed as he saw him take his jacket off. He paid the machine and turned around to the boys. "Watch and learn, extras!" The machine counted down from three and Bakugou punched the bag whilst using his quirk. The explosion caused the arcade to fall into silence for a moment.

Luckily, the machine was still intact. It was made to withstand quirks, such as Bakugou's. The boys watching him got closer to see his score. "Ha! 9075! High score! Beat that!" He yelled victoriously. "Well, I don't think I could beat you at that but I see a machine that I've spent years at mastering." Kirishima said with a sense of mystery. He gestured towards a Dance Dance Revolution machine close to them. "Oh, cmon! DDR is easy. I'll happily take you on." Kaminari commented. Kirishima gave him a sharp look. "Bring it on, bro." They ran over to the machine, leaving Bakugou by himself. He fell immediately bored. He looked at the duo at the DDR machine as they started. Kaminari was quick to realise his mistake in challenging Kirishima. Bakugou chuckled at his visual pain. He looked at his phone, wondering what to do. He remembered that he may have a lifeline. He went to his contacts and called the one person he could think of. Hina.

"H-Hey Bakugou."

"Hey. Are ya busy?"

"Uh, not really. Just helping friends with shopping. How are you?"

"Eh, shitty hair and dunce face dragged me out to the arcade. They're playing Dance Dance Revolution right now. Idiots."

"Ha, I would kill to see that. Who's winning?"

"Who do ya think? Dunce face didn't stand a chance from the beginning. Kirishima is kicking his ass."

He noticed a silent pause and slight whispering on the other end of the call.

"Hey, I think we're close to the arcade. Would it be okay if we stopped by?"

"Please do. I can't handle their bullshit alone."

"See you in a few minutes."

The phone hung up and he put it back in his pocket. He felt a warm feeling in his chest. He tried to shake off this unknown feeling and went to the toilets to try and recollect himself. Once he saw there was no one else there, he looked at himself in the mirror. "What is wrong with you? Why are you feeling like... like this?" He held his hand on his heart as it started racing. "I felt like this the same day that we met up for lunch. What's up with this? He kept talking to himself until someone walked in to see him staring intensely at himself in the mirror. He gave them a deep glare. "Whatcha looking at?" He growled as they ran into one of the stalls. He sighed as he walked out of the toilets. He looked around and saw Kaminari on the floor. He was about to walk up to him and make a snide comment but stopped in his tracks. "Shit. When did she get here? And why did she come with her friends?"

He watched the group from a distance and saw Kaminari short circuit himself and walk off in a daze. He decided to approach the group. "The hell was that?" He asked, getting the group's attention. "Oh hey. Basically, Kaminari saw Midori, tried to call her pretty but got too flustered and ran over to Pac-Man to cover it up." Hina explained. He couldn't stop staring at Hina. He blocked out all the background noise of the games and Neko challenging Kirishima to table hockey. Before he knew it, he was left by himself with Hina. He wanted to spend more time with her but he knew that he wouldn't be able to do that in the arcade. He grabbed her wrist and started making his way out. "W-Where are we going?" She asked, clearly flustered. "Trust me, in here is boring. Let's do something more interesting." He replied as they left.

If you're enjoying the ship dynamics now, wait until the next chapter!