Chapter Thirty Two - I Did What?!

"Hina! Long time, no see!" Nezu exclaimed as he walked into the staff room to find Hina reading a book. "Principal Nezu. To what do I owe the pleasure?" She asked, placing her book to the side. "If you wouldn't mind following me?" He said, gesturing to outside the room. Hina didn't question it and stood up to follow him. As they walked through the corridors, Nezu broke the silence. "So, how are you keeping up? Since your surgery?" He looked up at her, being able to see the bump of the monitor. "I've been pretty good. My energy levels have balanced now so I'm more lively when I'm supposed to be." He nodded as she explained. "Good to hear. Here we are." He said as they reached the conference room. When they walked in, All Might, Present Mic, Eraserhead and Midnight were sitting at the tables, waiting. Their heads turned towards the door as it opened. "Oh." Hina said, deeply confused. Mic signalled for her to sit next to him. Nezu pulled a projector out from the corner of the room.

"Hina. If you don't mind, could you go through the day of the raid? I believe that was the day after your surgery." Hina stood up and cleared her throat. "Well, I woke up to Mic on the phone. At the time I didn't know who he was talking to and what it was about but he told me something had happened at the camp and he had to go. Then my brothers and sister came to visit me. Except Ryu. Then me and Kumo went on a walk, the doctors recommended it. We walked past the room that Midoriya was in with most of Class 1-A. They told me about what happened. I freaked out and went back to my room. I remember having a panic attack over it. I then called someone." She took a deep breath before her next sentence. "I called the villain I was undercover with. I'm sorry, I know that it was a dangerous move but I was acting out in the moment." Nezu stopped her, as he could tell that's what he called the meeting about. "No, don't worry. You're not in trouble. Just continue for us, please." Hina regulated her breathing and carried on. "Well, after that, I passed out. That's all that happened. I woke up the next day, more energetic, as if I didn't pass out the day before. Sorry, what's this meeting about?" She asked. Nezu turned on the projector. As it started up, she sat down.

A video played. "This is the footage from Toshinori's fight with All for One. Do you recognise anything?" He asked, receiving a head shake from Hina. "The only clip I saw was the end of the fight." Nezu fast forwarded the video to a certain point. The image was zoomed in. "Hina, I want you to focus down here." He said, pulling out a laser pointer and pointing to where she should focus. As All Might was struggling to land a hit, vines grew out of the ground, curling around AFO's limbs. Hina squinted her eyes to try and see the pixelated vines better. "Those are vines." She stated. Nezu paused the video on that screenshot. Mic turned to Hina. "Hina, I spoke to Ibuki and Takashi. Apparently, you woke up for a brief second during their fight. After the vines disappeared, you muttered something before you fainted again. You said 'hope that helped'. Are you not aware of this?" He asked. Hina's face was as confused as ever. "I don't remember a single thing like that." She sighed out. "Your nurse was able to spot the spike of energy when you were at the hospital the next day. Have you noticed any change in your quirk?" Nezu asked. She shook her head. He took out a pot of dirt and placed it on front of her.

"We would like to see if you could do that. Could you try and grow your vines from this pot?" All the eyes in the room were on her which didn't help her anxiety. Midnight could see her begin to freak out and stood up. "How about we give her a minute to process this and not put her on the spot. Let's go outside, it would probably be best anyways." She held Hina by her shoulders and proceeded to walk out of the room. As they walked, Midnight tried to get Hina to calm down. "Ok, you can breath now. Even I agree it was too crowded to push all that on you." She put her arm over her shoulder, pulling her into a side hug. "It was wrong of Nezu to pull you into that meeting like that." Hina's breathing went back to normal as they made their way out of the school. "How about this. We go back to the dorms and you show me this new garden I've been hearing about." Hina looked up at her and nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Later On~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Woah! You've done a good job!" Midnight exclaimed as she looked around her at the growing food. "I didn't want to take up all the space here so I just took this little corner. It's quite limited but I work with what I'm given." Hina replied, smiling at her work as her hair glowed golden. Midnight couldn't help but smile at her happiness. She placed her hand on Hina's shoulder. "Hina, could you try for me?" Hina looked at her, not needing context to her request. She took a deep breath and focused on the ground. After a few seconds, they could feel the ground underneath them tremble. Then, right before their eyes, a single vine grew from the ground. The pair looked at each other, shock on their faces. They embraced in a tight hug. "Hina! Wow, this is great!" Midnight exclaimed. They pulled away from the hug, filled with excitement. "Wait so you know that this means, right?" She asked, Hina not knowing the answer. "You saved All Might!" Hina froze in her spot. "I DID WHAT?!" She yelled.