Chapter Twenty Four - Preperation

Hina was sat, in a hospital gown, on a hospital bed. Hizashi was sitting next to her, holding his hand over hers. She slightly jumped when she heard the door open. A male nurse walked in with a clipboard. "The doctor will be here in a minute." He looked up at Hina and his eyes widened. She looked at him, squinting her eyes as if to get a better look at him. He tried to compose himself. "Um, just checking in to make sure everything is in order." He cleared his throat and walked over to her monitors to record them. "Shit, shit, shit, shit! Dabi's new girl? With a pro hero? What is going on? Here is says she's fifteen. That fucking sicko." He looked over at Hina, quietly talking to Hizashi, and felt a pit in his stomach. "I have to warn her." He wrote down what he needed and walked up to the two. "Everything seems okay. Now, Present Mic. If you wouldn't mind giving us a minute of privacy. I need to ask her a few confidential questions." Hizashi nodded as he stood up and left the room.

Once he heard the door shut, he sat down where Hizashi was sat, next to Hina. "I'm so sorry that we got off on the wrong foot the other day. It's just that Dabi is such a smug little shi-" He stopped as Hina put her arm on his. "Slow down. I can't process all these words. Mostly because they gave me an early dose of anesthesia. Let's start with your name." She said, calmly. He breathed out slowly. "My name is Kazuya. Kazuya Hirano." She held out her hand for him to shake it. "Nice to meet you." She smiled as he shook it. "I know this is unprofessional of me but I needed to get Present Mic out of the room because I need to warn you. About the League. About Dabi." Hina nodded in response. "I thought I recognised you. Not just from the other night. He has been keeping tabs on you for quite some time now." Hina tilted her head in confusion. "How long?" She asked. "At least a few months. I think he... I think he's obsessed with you. I don't know what you're doing, hanging around with him, but please heed my warning."

They both turned as they heard the door start to creak open. Kazuya quickly turned back towards Hina. "So, Miss Hina. Your menstrual cycles are normal, yes?" Hina was startled by the sudden change of pace but answered accordingly. "Y-Yes, they're fine." Kazuya looked at her and smiled. "Good. She's ready, doctor." He stood up and placed himself behind the doctor. "So, Katsu. The surgery will be tonight but I just wanted to make sure that this is 100% what you want to do. It's not too late to opt out if you want." She nodded, noticing Hizashi looking into the room from the door. She looked up at the doctor, confidently. "I'm absolutely sure." He leaned in to ruffle the top of her head. "That's the spirit. Now, I've told your guardian about the aftercare of this so let me run it by you." As he started explaining, Kazuya slipped out of the room without attracting the attention of the doctor or Hina. He walked up the doorframe, where Hizashi was patiently waiting.

"Keep her away from him." Hizashi turned to face Kazuya at his statement. "Excuse me?" He asked. "If you see her with a guy with purple scars on his face, get her away from him." Kazuya looked Hizashi in the eyes, giving off both intensity and concern. "I know about him. You don't have to worry. I'm keeping an eye on them." Hizashi said, bluntly. "How do you know him?" He asked. Kazuya looked to the side, nervously. "We were close a while ago. I would prefer to keep it at that." Hizashi sighed. "Thank you for the concern." As soon as he had said that, his phone buzzed. He saw Aizawa's name and signalled that he had to take this call. Kazuya nodded and walked away.

"Hey. How's Hina doing?"

"She's fine. The doctors explaining some things to her. How's everything going with the camp?"

"As far as I can tell, it's going fine. They're making their way to the campsite through the woods right now."

There was a silence that Aizawa could identify.

"You need to stop worrying so much."

"W-What? I didn't even say anything and it's not like you can see me."

"Babe, I've known you since our first year of UA. If I can't tell your emotions over the phone, I've failed as a human."

Hizashi laughed lowly at the statement.

"It's just that now that she's comfortable calling me 'Dad' I feel so much more parental. Like, as if there is so much more responsibility and expectations I have to fulfil. I mean, I know that that's not true but you know how my brain works."

"Yeah. Call me when she goes in. I can keep you company while they train."

He heard Hizashi sniffle softly through his phone.

"Thanks."

"No problem. I'll talk to you later."

"Ok, love you."

"Love you too."

The phone hung up, leaving Hizashi standing outside Hina's room. He took a deep breath and turned back into the room to find the doctor wrapping up his talk. "Remember not to keep it in for too long. You will have to keep it on for minimum two weeks, after your checkup. When you get the 'all clear', you need to take it off for baths and showers and when you sleep. Do you have any questions?" Hina shook her head. "Okay. Well the surgery will be in about an hour so relax and we'll come and get you when everything's ready." He nodded as he walked out of the room, making space for Hizashi to approach her. "You good there?" He asked as he sat back down next to her, getting a shrug in response. "I know everything will be fine but I'm sure it's not weird to be freaking out over things like this." She leaned her head on his shoulder. "Understandable. And I know you want to do this so the only thing I can do is be by your side as much as humanly possible." He nudged the shoulder she was leaning on. She looked up at him. "As if you don't already do that." She laughed, causing him to laugh along with her.

"That's the spirit. And, hey. By the time it'll be done, you can call 1-A to see how they're doing. Especially...your little friend." He smirked, raising one eyebrow, suggestively. Hina elbowed his side, making him laugh again. "Whatever. No need to phrase it like that. You're lucky I'm slightly high right now, that elbow would've been harder." She slumped lower onto him. They heard footsteps and looked up to find one of her siblings. "Takashi!" She sat up and exclaimed, thinking she was yelling but just saying it lightly. He walked towards her, hands holding a bouquet of flowers. "Hey there, Maki." He placed the flowers on a nearby table and hugged her. "Haven't been called that in a while. No, forget that. Why are you-" She gestured to all of him. "Here?" He laughed. "Ryu told me about your surgery and I was given the opportunity to finish my work back here so I took the offer. Also I know the others are coming later so I needed to get my own spotlight." Hina smiled as she looked over at the bouquet. "Flowers, huh? I'm getting a quirk enhancement, not removal." She laughed, sounding tired.

"Yeah, yeah. Make your jokes. Since you're being so observant, little miss, notice how I didn't add any daisies." Hina nodded, impressed. "Touché." She responded, leaning slowly backwards until she was laying on the bed. She let out a huge sigh. "Anyway, just came down to quickly see you and give you the flowers so you can remember I'm your favourite sibling. I'll leave you to rest and I'll see you after." He leaned over her and kissed her forehead. "Love ya, sis. See you later, Yamada." He waved as he exited the room. Hizashi looked down at Hina, who was dozing off. "If you're gonna sleep, do it properly." He complained, getting up from the bed to position her properly. She groaned as he picked her up from the bed and laid her back down. He sat on the side of the bed, stroking her hair. "Everything will be alright, ok?" He reassured, getting a smile in response. "Love you, Dad." He wasn't quite used to the new name and let out a silent, high squeal. "Love you too, kid."

"Everything is in order for the attack, Shigiraki." Kurogiri said. The League of Villains were in an abandoned building, near the campsite. "Perfect. This must go all according to plan. Does everybody understand?" The villains nodded, except for Dabi, who seemed busy with something on his phone. "Oi. Dabi. Listen to me!" Shigiraki yelled, gaining his attention. "Yeah, whatever. I get it." He looks back down at his phone as Shigiraki groans. Dabi presses a button and puts his phone away, smile on his face.

Good luck today. If you promise to not die, I won't die either. I'm kidding by the way. You'll be fine. You stood up to crusty-breath, you can take anything. See ya soon <3