Chapter Ten - The First Sign

"I'll be okay, I promise. I owe it to you to at least do the shopping this week." Hina insisted as she backed towards the door. "I'll even walk Noiz. You're still busy with work." Hizashi groaned as he held folders of paperwork in his hand. "I know, I just feel bad about it. Look in my jacket pocket. You should find some money for the groceries." She took the money from his pocket and proceeded to walk out the door. "Be safe." Hizashi yelled before she shut the door. She turned around to face him. "I'll be fine. Noiz will be my sidekick, won't you boy?" Noiz barked happily in response. The pair smiled as she shut the door.

It's been two weeks since Hina moved in with Hizashi. It didn't take any time for her to get comfortable. They'd known each other for almost 10 years so it wasn't hard for them to adjust. At UA, she's been spending more time in first-year classes, especially 1-A. She's been helping them in their lessons, almost like a teaching assistant. This is because, fortunately, she's not on crutches anymore but she's not been allowed to train so she's had a lot of spare time. She's managed to befriend everyone in class 1-A. Or at least she thinks she has. "I swear, I can't read him at all. One minute he's yelling at me, the next he's giving me his lunch. I think he likes me but I can't even be sure at this point." She pondered as she walked down the street with Noiz trotting next to her. She tied his leash to a nearby post. "I'll be right back. Be a good boy while I'm inside." She stroked his head as she walked inside the supermarket. She grabbed a basket and started going through the list that Hizashi made for her.

Hina walked around, picking up whatever she finds on the list and putting it in her basket. But she can't help but feel like something, or someone is watching her. She kept an anxious eye around her as she continued her shopping. She kept noticing a figure in a long black coat and black cap who was in almost every aisle with her, keeping their distance. She sped up her shopping as to not take any chances. She quickly paid for her groceries and left the supermarket. She untied Noiz from the pole and started making their way home. Every time she looked behind her, the figure grew close to her. She was debating on running but her leg hadn't healed and she wouldn't make it that far before collapsing from the pain. As she was thinking of alternatives, she stopped in her tracks. She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned her head to find the figure.

"I'm not gonna hurt ya, just follow me." Hina couldn't help but comply. The figure had a deep voice so she could tell it was a man but she couldn't recognise the voice. He was wearing a mask so she wasn't able to see his face. All she knew is that it would be best to analyse the situation and if she feels that she is in danger, come up with the safest way to get out of the situation. He led her down a dark alley. Once they'd reached a dead end, he let go of his grip. "Sit." He pointed to a crate that was on the floor. Hina did what she was told and sat. He sat opposite her, glaring with no clear good intention.

Noiz growled towards the figure, sensing his untrustworthiness. "You don't know who I am. But I know a fair amount about you." The figure took off his mask to reveal his face. He was indeed male. He had abnormal purple scars along the bottom of his face. "Katsu Hina. From what I've been told, you hold great power. One that is rarely seen and practically unheard of. Y'know, with the right help, you could become more powerful then you could ever think of becoming."

She glared at the man as he spoke. It then clicked in her head. "You know my dad. You're a villain, aren't you?" He chuckled at her accusation. "You're quite observant. Your dad once told me that of all your siblings, you were the smartest. He saw your glances. He wondered how long it would take for you to figure him out. When did the realisation hit you?" He strode up and loomed over her. She looked at his menacing face, not realising that her grip on her bags and Noiz's leash had loosened. "A while now. Not that it's any of your business. Who are you, anyway?" She asked, trying to show her confidence.