Chapter Six - Back to School

Monday couldn't have come sooner. Hina could move her neck comfortably and could drink without too much discomfort. She still wore bandages on her neck just so that the scars weren't visible. She took her morning tablet and turned on the TV. The first channel that came on was the news.

"This just in! Underground villain, Hogweed, brought to justice after originally being arrested for child abuse. The villain had been verbally and physically abusing his children and made them undertake ruthless quirk training for years. Last Friday, his eldest son handed him in as he had hospitalized his youngest daughter who was defending her quirkless sister. The family would like to keep themselves anonymous. If anyone had any other information on his crimes, the police would appreciate the tip so they can give him the sentence he deserves. More information in a bit. Coming up next, has there been a new development in the world of quirks?-" She switched the channel, sighing deeply.

She got changed into a black crop top sweatshirt and jeans. She checked her phone for the time. "Hmm. 7:50. Mic will be here in ten minutes. Not much I can do right now. Wonder if Ibuki gave me my laptop." She rummaged through the suitcase Ibuki packed for her to use during the weekend. She found her laptop at the bottom of her clothes. She pulled it out and sat on the side of the hospital bed as she logged in. She looked through her files until she found Class 1-A's schedule. "Ok, so they have training the lesson before lunch at 11:40. I should be fine for then." She mumbled as she looked more into their timetable.

"HEY! Who's ready to go?!" Hizashi yelled as he barged into the room, making Hina jump. "Jesus Mic, you can't just come in unprompted and yell. Nearly scared me to death." She stated, hand over her beating heart. "Oh, sorry. You ready?" He asked with his hand behind his neck. She sighed, shutting her laptop and sorting her suitcase. Once she closed it, they checked to see if they'd left anything and left. They packed her stuff into his car and got in. As he was driving, Hina leaned against the window, eyes half shut. "Kid, you've become more tired. I have noticed. Are you okay?" Hizashi asked, not being able to look at her due to being on the road.

His question woke her up. "Huh? Oh, I don't know. I'm not exactly tired. I've just been sleeping more often. I think it's just because of my quirks. Quirks need energy. Maybe I'm just naturally storing energy. I'll be fine. Seems like I'm just adapting." She said. He carried on driving as he contemplated what she said. No one could blame her on not knowing what she's doing. She doesn't know everything herself. Hizashi became frustrated over that thought. "I find it unfair." He caught her attention again. "You're having to go through these changes blindly and I can't help. And I can't even imagine how you must feel about it."

Katsu looked at Hizashi as he angrily drove. "I mean, yeah. It's frustrating. It's scary. And it's really hard. One minute you're trying to perfect your quirk then you're learning to control a new one the next. But that's why I'm at UA. Documenting myself and learning how to control my quirks so it can help not just scientists to understand what Multi-Quirks can do but also so the next multi-quirked person doesn't have to go through my struggle. I see this as my first step to becoming a hero." She stated, smiling at Hizashi.

He looked back at her and returned the smile. "Y'know, sometimes I forget that even though you're a kid, you're pretty mature. Maybe for your own good. Makes me seem like a child." He joked, taking a hand off the steering wheel to rustle her head. He quickly returned his hand as he parked his car outside the school. "Oh, don't say that, Mic. You're a child even when I'm not around." Hina laughed as she quickly grabbed her stuff and ran out of the car. He sat in the car and chuckled at her remark. "She'll be alright." He said to himself as he got out of the car.

As she walked into the building, she noticed everyone looking at her strangely and whispering. It took her a minute to realise why. "Oh, yeah. I normally come in during their homeroom so no one really sees me." She mumbled to herself as she walked past the students. She felt her phone buzz and took it out to see a text from Aizawa.

Hey, hope you're feeling better. Just wondering if you were going to take part in today's training. Just let me know as soon as possible.

As she was texting her response, she felt herself walk right into something. This caused her to fall to the floor. "Oh, god. I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going. Are you ok?" She asked as she looked up to see probably the worst person to walk into. "Huh? Oh, it's you." Bakugo rolled his eyes. Kirishima and Kaminari bent down and gave her a hand up. "Thanks guys, again I'm sorry Bakugo." She bowed to apologise. He looked down at her to see the tips of her braids were light pink. "Your hair. It's pink again. It was like that on Friday as well. What does that mean?" He asked as she shot upwards, nervously fiddling with her hair. "Oh, just a bit flustered, that's all. Anyways, see you guys later" She said as she ran off. Bakugo couldn't seem to take his eyes off her.

"What's her deal? She thinks she can just walk into me like that and give me such a measly apology. With her dumb hair and her dumb flashy quirks and her dumb clothes and her dumb face and-"

"Hey Bakugo, you good bro?" Kirishima asked, snapping him out of his thoughts. "What? Of course, I'm fine. She just thinks she can walk right in and be friends with everyone just because she has more than one quirk? Ugh, whatever. Let's just get into class before Four-Eyes yells at us." He sighed as he walked away. "Hey, did you notice something different about her?" Kirishima asked. Kaminari shrugged with a tilted head. "Yeah, she had bandages around her neck. Hope she's ok." He said as the pair followed Bakugo's angry footsteps.

Hina ran into the female staff changing room and slammed the door behind her as she heard the first bell ring. "Thank god no class has training first period. Might as well take advantage of it." She walked over to her locker and pulled out her hero suit. She started changing as she talked to herself. "What is Bakugou's damn problem? Eraser was right. He really is arrogant. It's like, I apologised and the look he gave me! Why does his face do that?! His face just...it just... pisses me off!" She calmed herself down as she finished getting changed. Her hero suit was a dark green camouflage crop top with matching shorts held up by a utility belt with mini-grenades of pollen hanging from the sides. It also included a black headset with an antenna and a microphone. She tied her hair up in a ponytail as she made her way out.

She managed to make her way to Ground Omega. She walked through the many trees until she felt she'd gone far enough. She controlled her breathing as she shot out a stream of vines from her hands in front of her. She cut the connection as close as she should and walked down the vines with a tape measurer. She sighed as she reached the end. "Hmm, 78.65 centimetres. That's longer than last time. My range seems to be getting better." She smiled as she continued her training and note-taking.

She carried on until her watch went off, signalling that an hour had passed. She made her way back to the school building. As she walked in, she remembered that the bell went off a few minutes ago for their next period so no students should see her. When she reached the changing room, she realised that it would be a waste of time to change out of her costume so she just pulled out an oversized hoodie she stole from Ryo and her bottle of water and left. As she made her way to the staff room, she felt a tap on her shoulder. "Ah, Eraser." She turned to find Aizawa walking next to her with a handful of papers. "Hey. How was training?" He asked in his normal monotone voice. "Better than ever. Over the weekend, I found myself sleeping more often. Not really because I was tired but it was more like my body was charging. I think I was sleeping in a way to build up energy for me to use towards my quirks. I could've probably done another hour!" She bragged. Aizawa looked down to see her hair glowing yellow.

They made their way to the empty staff room and they both sat in their respective areas. Hina pulled out her notebook and started writing her daily report. Aizawa turned to her while she was working. She was proudly writing down her discoveries. This made him chuckle. "I've never seen anyone look so happy to do paperwork." He said, attracting her attention. "Heh I know. It's just that I'm proud of all the progress I've made." She replied, continuing her work. He got up and walked towards her to sit next to her. "We all are. I mean, you passed your provisional licence exam a while back. The youngest person to achieve that. Also, you've really matured. You've come a long way." He smirked at her. "Let's just hope 1-A can learn a bit from you. They're still talking about you." He sighed as he got back up to continue his work at his desk.

"I can't wait to show them what I can do!" She said excitedly.

"Especially 'Mister Powerful'." She chuckled in her head.