Chapter Twenty Eight - Official

"Dorms? At UA? Interesting." Kit said as she laid across Kirishima's legs. "Yeah. Because of all the villain attacks, they're turning UA into a boarding school, basically." He replied. Midori, Sero and Kaminari were sitting next to them, in a circle. They were in a park, sitting on the grass. "I just hope you guys can come down to visit us." Kaminari pouted at the thought, Midori stroking his head in response. "Well, if we can't, I'm sure you could still visit us outside school. Or we could just sneak in." Midori said, rather bluntly. Sero scratched the back of his neck. "I think they made the dorms so no one could sneak in, mi amor." He nervously laughed. "I'm sure it'll be fine. We'll still meet up every weekend." Kirishima added. They heard yelling from far behind them, all recognising the voice instantly.

"You're still too tired. You should've just taken the wheelchair!" Bakugou exclaimed. Hina was holding onto his arm for balance and support. "I didn't want to seem that helpless. I'm fine." She responded. "You seem more helpless like this, clinging onto my arm like your life depends on it." He kissed his teeth. "Okay, calm down. I'll let go then." As she tried to remove herself from him, he clenched his arm, not letting hers go. "I-It's fine. We're almost there. Tch, they're staring at us." They looked forward, towards the group to find them all staring at them. Hina waved with her free arm, them waving back. Once they reached the group, they stared at the pair. "What are you looking at, huh?" Bakugou asked. "Nothing. It's just-" Kaminari said before being cut off by Kit, who had now sat up. "You guys seem closer than ever. Does this mean you're..." She didn't finish the sentence, hoping they could fill in the blank. Hina caught on to what she meant and nodded.

This provoked squeals from Kit and Midori. "So, Bakubro finally confessed huh?" Kirishima asked. "Actually, I was the one who confessed. He surprised me at the hospital and I didn't want to wait any longer." The blonde cleared his throat, thrown off by Hina's comment. "Don't phrase it like that, idiot." They both sat down as Sero and Kirishima made space between themselves for them. "So, Hina. How you feeling lately?" Sero asked. "Better. My body goes through energetic periods and tiring periods but it's starting to balance out more. But as you saw, I'm not as stable as I could be." She laughed. "But anyways, enough about me. Dorms, huh?" She asked. "Yeah. They say it's to keep us safe. I mean, I'll all for it." Kaminari replied. "Hey, Hina. Would you still be staying with Present Mic?" Midori asked, everyone else now wanting to know the answer. "I don't know, he might think it's safer for me to be in the dorms. We'll see."

Kit stood up, letting out a loud yawn. "Guys, I don't wanna just lay around here. Can we go do something? Like see a movie? Or play some games? Or even just climb a tree, for all I care. Let's not be moody and have some fun!" Kirishima jumped up, next to her. "Yeah, c'mon!" As the group all stood up, Hina felt a sense of unease. "Hey. You ok, Hina?" Sero asked, noticing. "Yeah, just give me a second." She scanned around her and stopped, suddenly, looking at where the trees were in the park. "I'll be back in a minute. You guys get going, text me where you're going." They nodded and made their way to find something to do. Before Bakugou could protest, she placed her hand on her cheek. "I'll be fine. Just go with them." He placed his hand over hers and walked away. She let out a sigh and walked towards the unease. Once she entered the trees, she looked around her. "Y'know, you shouldn't talk to yourself like that. My mother used to call it a sign of madness." Chuckling was heard from beyond the trees. A figure emerged from behind one, making its way towards her. "That makes sense. Wouldn't be the first time someone's called me mad."

Dabi appeared in front of her, looking down at her. "Just wanted to test that quirk of yours. Selective Hearing, huh? I see it does wonders. You'll be able to show the others this amazing ability of yours in a bit. Shigiraki has realised that right now, we could use as much help as we can get so now is a good time to properly recruit you." Dabi smiled, reaching for her shoulder. Hina moved herself, confusing Dabi. "What's up with you? Why are you so... serious?" Her stoic face looked up at him. "No need for recruitment. You can tell him I'm 'resigning'." She said. Dabi's face grew with more confusion. "What do you mean?" She scoffed, startling him. "I mean what I mean. I thought it would be an interesting experience but I'm starting to think otherwise." Before he could get a word in, Hina held a finger up to his face. "Also. Answer me this. How long have you been stalking me? And don't play dumb." He looked into her eyes and only saw hatred. "Kazuya told you about that." He laughed out. "Hogweed had such a way with words, especially when it came to talking about you. You fascinated me. We're alike. We both have piece of shit fathers, a broken family, power not many can comprehend. I needed to know more about you." He reached in for her face but she slapped it away.

"I'm not gonna listen to this. We are not alike. Don't contact me or follow me anymore." She started walking back to the clearing but got pushed onto a nearby tree. Next thing she knew, Dabi was leering over her, blocking her from moving. "You don't understand. I'm obsessed with you. Staying away isn't easy." She threw up her eyebrow at his statement. "Huh? You know nothing about me. Just because you also have daddy issues doesn't make us the same. Also, I'm fifteen and you're an adult." He laughed, leaning closer to her. "So? Love shouldn't be barricaded by such minor things like age. Also the age of consent is 13 so we would be well within our rights and the law, a change of pace for me, all things considering." She grimaced at his words. "And, don't worry. I've forgiven you for your whole 'love' phase you had with that kid. As long as we can move on from that everything will be fi-" She spat on his face, causing him to flinch. He chuckled as he wiped away the saliva with his sleeve. He quickly grabbed her cheeks with one hand. "Don't think that would make me lose spirit. I can tame brats like you." He pulled her face in, towards his own. Before their lips could touch, Dabi got pulled back, releasing his grip on Hina. He looked at what was restraining him. He laughed at his restraints as Hina fell to the floor, panting heavy breaths.

"Would you look at that! Your quirk's grown." Dabi was suspended in the air by vines, growing from the ground. "You could only grow plants from your body, right? You're amazing!" He exclaimed. Hina stood up, knees slightly buckling. She walked up to Dabi, pulling him by his shirt. "Listen here you paedophilic, psychotic, burnt piece of shit arsonist. I am going to leave. You will not stalk me or any of my friends ever again. I'm not even gonna ask if you've understood because I know you're paying attention." She let go of her shirt and started to walk away before stopping and turning her head towards him. He looked at her with a slight sense of hope. "Oh, and by the way. Not only would it have been ethically wrong to kiss you, it would've also been morally wrong. I do have a boyfriend after all." With that sentence, she continued walking away, smug smile on her face. She couldn't see Dabi's expression but she could take a guess. Rage filled. And she was right. He burned the vines off of him and stood, by himself, with his head hung downwards. His fist drove itself into the nearest tree without any warning. He looked at it, now bloodied up and torn. He couldn't care less.

As Hina went to call Bakugou to ask him where the group was, she saw him, still sitting on the field. When he saw her approaching, he stood up and ran to her. "Where the hell were you? Are you okay?" He asked, frantically. She laughed as he searched her for any injuries. "I'm fine, really. Just dealt with some unfinished business." He looked at her, confusingly, but waved it off. "So, I have no idea where those idiots went so, if you want to find them, we'll have to call them." He said, as they started walking the way they saw their friends walk earlier. Hina quickly checked her phone and saw no notifications had come through. "Yeah, it looks like they forgot to message me but it's fine. We'll find them." Hina took hold of Bakugou's hand, making him both kiss his teeth and hold onto her hand harder. She giggled and kissed him on the cheek. His face went a bright red. "Don't just do that shit in public! At least warn me next time." She smiled as they continued walking. Hina could feel Dabi's presence, from the trees, but brushed it off. "Can't be thinking of him. Look forward, Hina." She reminded herself.