Deaf Bakugou Headcanons

Since Bakugou going deaf in my story is canon, I feel the need to spill all the headcanons I have for him. Even though he still has hearing, he would act like he is fully deaf, just in case. Updates to the story are coming in, slowly but surely. Hope you guys enjoy and, if you have any, leave your thoughts and similar headcanons in the comments :)

- Everyday, Hina helps Bakugou study using sign language as a way to help him with his lessons whilst getting him used to sign language.

- Aizawa and Hizashi sign as they teach for Bakugou.

- One day, Hina burst into Bakugou's room and started aggressively ranting, both speaking and signing, and he just smiled at the aggressive signs.

- Everyone in 1-A are learning to sign as well. Midoriya knows the most out of the 19 because Bakugou's always aggressively signing at him and he looks up the meaning... he now knows a lot of swears.

- If Hina and Bakugou are just relaxing, by themselves, he likes to lean on her chest to feel her heartbeat. She also likes to hum to him so he can feel the vibrations.

- Bakugou has learnt to play drums and feel the vibrations to tell if what he's playing sounds good for everyone.

- Whenever Bakugou sees Monoma approaching him, he takes out his hearing aids and smiles as Monoma talks, knowing he's basically spouting shit to a brick wall. When Kendo finally knocks him out, Bakugou puts them back in and she laughs.

- One day, Hina and Bakugou run into Ryu in public. Ryu notices Bakugou's hearing aids and signs "How are you treating her?". Impressed, he signs back. "Really well. I really care for her.". Ryu just signs "Good." and Bakugou could feel the threat in that one hand movement.

- Bakugou's other four senses have heightened as his hearing has started going so he's more sensitive to scent. It's only then he realised how potent his caramel smell is.

- Mineta constantly tries to sneak up on Bakugou to scare him, forgetting he's not completely deaf and can hear him from a mile away. This has led to many visits to Recovery Girl.

- Kaminari tried to learn sign language for Bakugou but he didn't realise there was a different kind for each language. He ended up signing a sentence with ASL (American Sign Language), BSL (British), JSL (Japanese) and somehow even KSL (Korean). He then taught him proper JSL out of anger.

- When he became a hero, he became a big symbol for any kid with a sensory disability who wanted to be a hero. He even made a charity to help with education and the makings of support items for them.

- To add onto my last point, a little girl, wearing full Bakugou merch approached him one day while he was on patrol. He smiled and squatted down. "I like your style, kid." He said. She then pointed to her ears and he saw hearing aids, very similar to his. He then signed his sentence to her, earning a smile. He spoke to her and her parents for a few minutes and told her she's already a hero in his eyes. This led to him bursting through his and Hina's door screaming about how he wants a baby.

- When Hina was in labour, he was there for her but he was hiding the fact he may not be able to hear his baby. Until, he hears faint crying in the room and looks to find his daughter. He started crying himself so when the nurse handed the baby to Hina, she gave it to Bakugou. She laughed at his smiling, crying face. "Still got a weird smile." She said. "Shut up." He chuckled as he cradled the baby. Every time she cried, he was more than happy to take care of her while Hina was resting.

- If he's talking to someone who doesn't know sign, he relies on reading their lips, which he's pretty good at. But there's one problem. Best Jeanist doesn't know sign. There was one day where he was talking to Bakugou and all he could do was just stand, dumbfounded, because Best Jeanist wouldn't let him interrupt him. Bakugou literally broke into a cold sweat because he couldn't tell if he was talking or not. He then snapped and just started signing at him. It took him a minute to realise why Bakugou had been unresponsive.

- Whenever Bakugou and Hina go on missions together and if they ever split up, when the missions ended, he searches for her. One day, when he finishes searching the perimeter they were fighting in and can't find her, he started to panic. He yelled her name, not hearing a response. He over turned rubble, scared something had happened to her. He couldn't hear a response and thought he had fully lost his hearing. He felt a tap on his shoulder and found Hina. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" She frantically asked him. He simply sighed in relief and held her.

- Once, Bakugou had an interview and they asked him if he was really deaf. Bakugou was deeply confused. The interviewer said "Well, if you're actually deaf, you wouldn't even be able to hear me or speak. You're not just faking this for press, are you?" So, Bakugou took his hearing aids out and signed the rest of the interview, intensely staring at the interviewer and lip-reading, adding a few insults for spice. The interviewer looked backstage for help but Bakugou just signalled for them not to help, much to their approval and entertainment.