Chapter Fifty - Double Crossers

Literally just realised that from chapter twenty four, I added two of the same numbers on chapters (e.g. chap 24, 25, 24, 25, 26) so I had to renumber them. That made me realise that this will be my fiftieth chapter! I just wanna thank everyone who's as invested in this story as I am. With my maladaptive daydreaming, I find it hard to write down what's in my head but this story has been amazing to write and I love that I'm not the only one who enjoys this. Please enjoy this chapter and the ones to come. :)

"Okay Noiz, you ready to go?" Hina asked, untying him from the post outside of the grocery store. He barked happily in response as they started making their way back home. Ever since the incident at the hero conference, Hina decided to take a break from UA by staying at Mic's again for a while. He told her about the week off and she instantly agreed to the idea. That sounded like something both of them needed: a break. Hina had been trying to go outside as little as possible but Mic told her that she had to. So, she figured she might as well be useful and pick up a few things. Noiz barked as he tried to direct her to a nearby dog park. "C'mon Noiz, we can go there another day." She said to him, trying to continue their way back home. He whined and gave her a look that he knew she'd never refuse. She rolled her eyes and groaned. "I don't appreciate you abusing your power over me like this." She said, making her way towards the park, Noiz happily trotting alongside her. Once they reached the park, she let him off his lease and he shot off towards the other dogs, some of them he recognised. Hina sat down on a nearby bench and messaged Mic about the hostage situation Noiz had put her in. He messaged back, giving them a 20 minute curfew.

As she watched Noiz play with his friends, she couldn't help but feel a uneasy aura around her. It gave her a weird sense of deja vu. She looked around, only seeing fellow dog-owners. She turned back around, trying to dismiss the feeling. Then, two people sat next to her, one on each side of her. The feeling intensified. They were both wearing masks, one wearing a full face one. She pretended not to take notice of them and calmly pulled her phone out. "We know you recognise us. Please just listen." A male voice on her left spoke. She recognised the voice vaguely. "We shouldn't even be here, he might see us near you but we need to tell you something." A female voice said, on her right. Hearing their voices together clicked in her brain. "Wait. You're those two villains in the LoV. Toga and Twice, right?" Hina asked, fists balled up. "Yup, that's us. Nah, you're dead wrong, lady." Twice replied, confirming and denying. "I know you may hate us cause of the Bakugou thing but please listen. Dabi is planning something." Toga said. "What do you want me to do about it?" Hina asked, scoffing. "He wants you. I don't know exactly what he's planning but he has backup plans." Toga said, pulling out her phone and scrolling to find a picture. "In one of the plans, he had this picture of a house. Does it look familiar?" She asked, showing to Hina.

Her eyes widened as she recognised the house. "T-That's my little brother's house. Why does he have that?" She asked, looking over at Toga. "I know the plan involves kidnapping. I don't know what his endgame is but I'm worried to think of the lengths he's willing to go for them." She replied. "Look. I know we've only met once. And that you're a hero. And we're not sure if you're the one who ratted out our hideout's location or not but Dabi has changed because of you. He's much more possessive." Toga said. "We like you. Even though we're enemies, we want you to stay safe." Twice added. "He's noticed you haven't been active since those interviews and he's gotten pissed. I wish we could give any more guidance as to whether you should stay underground or not but just beware. I'd suggest informing your family they may be in danger." Toga said. "Well, ever since my dad's been in prison, they've all set up all kinds of precautions. But yeah." She nodded. The pair stood up from the bench. "We hate to leave you like this but we should really make our way back." Twice said. "Stay safe out there, multi-girl." Toga waved as they walked away. Hina sighed and sunk into the bench. Noiz ran up to her, barking in the direction of the villains. "Hey, I'm fine. Let's go home." She said, calming him down and latching him back onto his leash.

"You two are home earlier than I expected." Mic said from the kitchen as she heard the front door open and shut. "Yup, seems like Noiz tired himself out." Hina joked, taking off her shoes. Noiz ran over to DJ, who was sunbathing at the window. Hina gave him the bag of groceries. Mic could tell something was off. As much as he wanted to ask her, he took into consideration what's been going on and how that was the first time she'd been outside in a while. "Hey, let's have a movie night tonight." He suggested. "Ooo, okay. What are you thinking?" She asked, leaning on the counter. "I don't know. There's this new American movie called Free Guy. It has that guy you were drooling over. Was it Ryland?" Mic asked, stroking his moustache as Hina hit him. "Ryan. Ryan Reynolds. One, I wasn't drooling over him. I was just appreciating his role as a vigilante. And two, don't tell me he's not attractive. If anyone's drooling over him, it's you. Anyway, sure thing. I've felt the need to brush up on my English." She said. She sat on the sofa and pulled out her phone, going to Ryu's number. She debated calling him but settled with messaging.

Hey. Dabi is planning something and you and our siblings may be in danger. I haven't told Mic yet as to not freak him out but you need to tell and help the others. Make sure you and the others stay safe. I'm sorry.

She sighed, throwing her phone next to her. "What's up, listener?" Hizashi asked, sitting next to her. Hina thought for a second on whether she should tell him. "I can't get this whole Kondo thing out of my head. I know it was Dabi that attacked him and to think he would go to such lengths. Why do I attract such shitty people?" She vented as she rest her head on his lap. "I'm scared he's coming for me. I'm scared about the people I'm putting at risk just because they know me. I don't even know if he knew about Kondo before that night but either way, it's disturbing and scary." She went on as her voice got shaky and her throat tightened. Hizashi stroked her hair, showing that he was listening and was there for her. "We knew the dangers of putting you on that undercover mission. We do have the police and local pro heroes looking out for your family. We've also alerted Kit and Midori's parents about it. I'm sorry, I should've never put you in this situation." Hizashi said, sighing. "No, you and Aizawa gave me the option and I took it. And it's not like that's what started this weird obsession." Hina said, sitting up and hugging him.

"As your father, all I want is for you to be happy and safe. I hate seeing you like this." He replied, wiping away tears from both his and her face. "Hey. I'm gonna ask Nezu if we should take that week off early. Does that sound good?" He asked. "Yeah, it does." Hina sniffled back. "Do you still wanna watch that movie?" He asked, her nodding in response. "Okay, let's get our little cinema ready." He said, helping her off the sofa and bringing her into another hug. As he walked off to the kitchen to warm up popcorn, Hina looked at her phone to see a response from Ryu. Hina read it and let out a sigh of relief as she went to join Hizashi.

Ok, thanks for alerting me. I know you're blaming yourself for this but I want you to know that none of this is your fault, okay? We're gonna get through this. I'll kick his ass personally if need be. Call me if you ever need to talk. Love ya, kid.

Twice sighed as he and Toga walked through the streets. "Do you think he knows?" He asked. "Wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure that creep's watching her at any second he can." She responded. As they carried on, someone forcibly bumped into Toga's shoulder, causing her to fall into Twice. "Hey, watch where you're going! Jackass!" She exclaimed as he helped her back on her feet. As she dusted herself off, she noticed a note in the floor. She picked it up and read it. "Shit." She hissed out. "What is it? I don't wanna know!" Twice said, Toga showing him anyway.

Stay outta my shit. Or you're next. - D

"Well, it's safe to say he saw us." She sighed out, trying to find him in the crowd but not succeeding.

Sorry this one was short but we're getting close to Christmas and I've been working on something for quite a while... would you guys be interested in a Christmas side story? I've been writing it for literal months and I'd love to share with  you guys! Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter and happy 50th! :)