Chapter Forty Nine - The Third Todoroki

Iida and Todoroki were outside Hina's room, knocking on her door. "Hina, are you ready yet?" Iida asked. The two boys were in tuxedoes, waiting for Hina to get her things together. "Yeah, gimme a minute." She yelled as Mina was helping her finish her makeup. "Honey, you know I support your choices but are you sure you want to go to such an event, a week after that news interview you did?" Mina asked. "Yeah, I'll be fine." Hina replied, getting up to look at herself in her mirror. She marvelled at Mina's brilliant hair and makeup job. She had tied the majority of her plaits into space buns, leaving two strands at the front and the back down. "I love it." She sighed out. Mina walked up beside her. "No problem. And don't think complimenting me will make me worry less about you." She put on a fake stern voice as she hugged her. "Now, go have fun, do everything I would do and we'll talk later." Mina said, breaking away from the hug and holding Hina's hands. "Okay, thank you again." She exclaimed as she grabbed her purse off her table and walked to her door. She opened it to find the two boys still there. "Looking great, as always." Iida said. "Ready, boys?" She asked. "Let's go!" Iida exclaimed as they made their way to the elevator.

As they exited, their classmates all reacted to their formal attire. "Woah, you guys are proper fancy." Jiro said, looking up from her sheet music. "You guys are so lucky." Midoriya whined as he sunk slowly into the sofa. Todoroki approached him. "If you want, I can ask around for autographs." He proposed. Stars glistened in Midoriya's eyes. "YES PLEASE, IF YOU DON'T MIND!" He exclaimed, bowing and handing Todoroki a notebook. "No problem, Izuku." Todoroki smiled as he walked back to Iida and Hina. "Nice one, Shoto." Hina smiled, nudging his arm. "We must be on our way. Have a lovely evening, friends!" Iida bowed as the front doors opened. Aizawa and Hizashi walked in. "Crap, we're gonna be late." Hizashi hissed out. "It would've just been you if I didn't have to pick you up." Aizawa sighed, looking over at the blonde. "Geez, you can't even tie your tie properly." He turned and stopped him in his tracks as he started to sort out his tie. "Shota, they're staring at us." Hizashi blushed as he noticed the class staring at the display. "Even more reason to look presentable. This is a formal event, if the press see one small thing out of place, they'll find a way to run with it for weeks." Aizawa said, finishing up.

"Anyway, you three ready to go? Iida, Todoroki, you'll meet with your family at the venue." Aizawa said, looking at his watch, making sure they weren't running that late. "We're ready. Don't worry, Aizawa-sensei. Fashionably late is the new on time." Hina joked. "We will see you guys later." Iida announced as the group walked out. The trio waved to their classmates as they walked out of the dorms and to the front of the school. "There's two limos, one's me and Present Mic's and the other is yours. We will make sure that we stay close. I trust you three to behave." Aizawa said. "Sure thing, we'll see you there then." Hina smiled as she got into her limo, her two classmates following suit. As the car started making its way, both Todoroki and Iida's phones buzzed. When they looked, it was a message from Bakugou. Both messages read around the same.

She comes back with as much as a scratch on her, you won't live to see your next fancy event. Got it Icyhot/Four-Eyes?

They both chuckled to themselves as they replied with an "Of course, she's safe with me!" from Iida and a simple "k." from Todoroki. "What's funny?" Hina asked them. "Oh, nothing. Bakugou being himself." Todoroki simply explained as his phone repeatedly buzzed with more angry messages from the blonde about his blunt response. They all talked as they got closer to the event. In the other limo, Aizawa and Hizashi were talking. "So, how's Hina been? I been real busy and haven't properly talked to her." Hizashi asked. "Even though we told her not to worry about the investigation, I can tell she's doing her own research. I feel like she knows something we don't but I'm not gonna pressure her about it." Hizashi let out a sigh at the news. "I think it would be good for the both of you if you took a week off. Ever since she moved to the dorms, you two haven't really spent much time together and when you have, it's been work-related. I've asked Nezu about it and he agrees." Aizawa said, turning to see his partner teary-eyed. "That would be really nice, Shota." He sniffled out, resting his head on his shoulder. Aizawa put his arm behind his neck and stroked his head. "I know. We're getting close." He said, wiping away Hizashi's tears.