Chapter Forty Three - Dear Ol' Dad

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPLOAD! :'( Life has just been a LOT recently. I haven't forgotten about this, definitely not! I have plans for the next few chapters and where I want the story to go. I'll try and make sure there's not another hiatus as long as this but things are getting a bit more intense in my life so I do ask to bare with me. This chapter is the longest one so far so I hope you enjoy! <3

"Hey guys! How was class?" Hina asked, waving at the class as they entered the dorms. "Today went well, thank you for asking!" Iida exclaimed. "Yeah, it was a pretty chill day." Jiro added. The rest of the class greeted her as they came in, ending with Bakugou giving her a kiss on the forehead. "What've you been up to?" He asked. "Not much. Checked on the garden, cleaned up a bit. Mostly been hanging out with DJ though." She smiled. Her phone went off and she pulled it out to see who was calling her. "It's Ibuki, give me a minute." She said, kissing him on the cheek and picking up the call.

"Hey, what's up?"

"...Dad called."

That sentence was enough to freeze her down to the core. Todoroki noticed as he walked up to her. He didn't say anything as he could see she was still on the call but he stood by her.

"W-What do you mean he called?"

"He called Tadashi the other day, asking for him and Ryu to visit. They done so yesterday and only told me today he wants us and Kumo to visit him too. Tada wouldn't tell me what it was like but I'm guessing it went fine cause Ryu definitely would've said something. Are you busy?"

"No, I'm just at the dorms. Are you suggesting going right now?"

"Well, I think it's best to get it out of the way. If you want to do it another day, just say it and we can arrange it."

"No, today's fine. Where should we meet?"

"Well, I'm with Kumo right now so we could pick you up in around 15 minutes?"

"Ok, that's fine. See you in a bit then."

"Maki, honey, try not to freak out too much. We're all nervous. Take a deep breath, okay?"

"Yeah. Bye."

With that, Hina hung up the call and put her arm down. At that point, the whole class knew something was up. "What's wrong? Did something happen?" Todoroki asked. "My father... he wants to see me. Not everyone in the class knew about her dad so most of the class just assumed meant something bad. "Do you have a bad relationship with your father?" Iida asked. "You could say that but it's fine. My sister and young brother are coming with me so it won't be just me." She explained. Todoroki, Bakugou, Mina, Kirishima, Kaminari and Sero were the only ones who knew the truth about her family and they looked the most concerned. "Guys, don't worry about me. Anyway, my sister's on her way so I gotta get ready." She said, waving to the class and making her way up to her room before anyone could stop her. As soon as she shut her door, she slid down and curled herself into a ball. She didn't know what emotion she was feeling but whatever it was, she didn't like it. But she had no time to figure out the name so she got up and got dressed.

As she began to exit the dorms, she heard a group calling for her. "Hina, wait up!" Mina yelled as she ran to her, followed by Kirishima and Sero. "You sure you're okay?" She asked. "Yeah, it'll be fine. I can leave whenever." She replied, trying to reassure the group. "Okay. Do you want us to walk you to the front?" Kirishima asked. "Oh, no. It's fine. I should probably message my brothers. I'll text you guys when it's done." She said as she started to walk away, waving at the group. She shut the dorm doors behind her, before they could say anything else. She sighed as she began her walk to the school entrance. As she walked, she messaged her brothers about what happened when they met their dad. She knew she'd have to wait for a response as they were both still at work so she put her phone away. As she reached the front entrance, she noticed Ibuki's car parked at the gate. She could see Kumo waving at her from the backseat. She waved back as she approached the car and got into the passenger's seat.