Chapter Forty Four - Pyromaniac

Mina stretched as she walked out of her dorm room, ready to start the day. As she locked her door, she knocked on Hina's door, as the two always go down together. "Hina, honey. You ready?" She asked while making sure she had everything on her. The door opened slowly as Hina emerged from her room, hair rough, pajamas lazy and face clearly still asleep. "Hina! You okay? How much sleep did you get?" Mina asked, deeply concerned about her friend's state. "9 hours. Don't worry about me, this is normal. I'm not ready to go down right now so I'll see you for training." She slurred out. "Okay, hun. Don't push yourself, okay?" Mina said, pushing a few braids from off of her face. "Will do." Hina replied, managing a smile as she shut the door. "Jeez, she really shouldn't be training if she's like that." Mina muttered to herself as she walked to the elevator. Hina flopped onto her bed, groaning. "This is the most tired I've been in so long. The hell's happening?" She asked herself as she set an alarm for later in the day. "Another hour or two might help." She yawned as she tucked herself back into her bed. Before she could shut her eyes, she forced herself back up. "Nope, I need to try and be active." Hina got out of bed to freshen herself up before getting ready for the day.

She walked into the staff room and found Present Mic, working at his desk. "Oh, hey there. You took a while to get here." He joked. She slumped onto the sofa. "I'm starting to think that a good night's sleep is a social construct by the government to make sure people don't see them recharge their pigeon drones." She groaned, voice muffled as her face was in a cushion. Mic laughed as he stopped his work and went to sit next to her. He thought for a second before talking. "Could it be quirk related?" He asked, grabbing her attention and making her sit up straight. "As far as I can recall, you've only ever been this tired of you've either gotten a new quirk or one of your quirks have evolved." He explained. "Hmm, that makes sense." She agreed, nodding. "Well, I'm training with 1-A in a minute so we'll see." Mic looked down to notice she was wearing the UA gym uniform. "What happened to your hero suit?" He asked. "Oh, I'm thinking on getting it redesigned. And I am gaining a bit of weight so it doesn't fit that comfortably." She said. Mic stood up and stood in front of her. He then bent down and picked her up, making her exclaim in surprise. "Really? You're not heavy, plus you don't look like you've gained anything." He said, swaying her around. "Dad! Put me down!" She yelled, whilst laughing, making him halt.

"You... you called me Dad!" He squealed, pulling her in for a tight hug. "Okay, put me down." She wheezed out, getting placed back down. "Sorry, got a little carried away." He nervously laughed. "It's fine." She replied with a smile. "Well, if I haven't gained weight, it could just be my quirks. It's just that I've been feeling heavy even though I've been on the same diet and exercise regimen for a good while." She thought out loud, looking down at herself. Mic smiled at his daughter when he noticed his hands felt dirty, specifically where he made contact with her hair. She saw his confused look. "What's wrong?" She asked. "When did you last wash your hair?" He asked. "Ugh, don't even. I washed it today but this black dust keeps reappearing. I'll get better shampoo later." Just as she finished her sentence, the school bell rang off. "Oh, gotta go. I'll see you after training." She said, giving Mic a kiss on the cheek before rushing out of the room. He sighed, blushing, as he watched her run. He laid back on the sofa, thoughts of the past few months racing through his head. He simply smiled, knowing all that time came to such a satisfying conclusion.

The class were in Gym Gamma, practising new moves, polishing old ones and training with each other. Explosions were coming from different sides of the gym, things melting, breaking and expanding at the same time. Hina walked over to Aizawa. "Taking a break?" He asked as she bent down to pick up a water bottle. She nodded in response. "I'm full of energy yet lacking it. I don't think my monitor's malfunctioning, I just think it's not giving me enough energy." She explained before taking a drink. "Well, try not to overexert yourself. It might be best to go for a check up though. Hizashi has told me about your tiredness so it's only for the best." He said, patting her head. "Yeah, that sounds fair." She sighed. "Anyway, I think I'm gonna go back to training. I'll try not to overdo it!" She exclaimed, running back to the group, not looking where she was going. What she didn't see was Todoroki targeting a fire attack her way. "'Katsu, watch out!" Aizawa yelled, ready to try and cancel his quirk before it hit her. The whole class turned to the shouting to find her right in front of a blazing hot fireball. Everyone waiting in horror and suspense for what would happen when they noticed the fire had stopped in its tracks.