Chapter Twenty Two - New Recruit

Dabi opened the door to the bar, seeing Shigiraki, Kurogiri, Twice and Toga. "You took your precious time." Shigaraki hissed out. Dabi shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah, would say I'm sorry but I don't give that much of a shit. Anyway, to the reason we're here." He pulled out a folder and pushed it towards Shigaraki. "Surely, you've heard about her. She's that daughter Hogweed wouldn't shut up about." He said, sitting on one of the barstools. "She's expressed interest in the League." Shigaraki put on his special gloves and opened the folder. Toga and Twice peered over his shoulder to see what he was looking at. "It's a brief summary of her quirks. One is just a mutation quirk that doesn't really do much but her other two. They could give us a great deal of help."

"I don't care about her quirks, I just want another girl here to wash away all this testosterone in here." Toga commented. "She looks nice. I'm getting a bad vibe from her!" Twice yelled at himself. Shigaraki blocked out the background noise and continued reading her file. He slammed it on the counter, causing the room to fall silent. "How are you keeping contact with her?" He asked, looking up at Dabi. "She gave me her number. I had it checked out and it's legit." Shigaraki nodded in response. "I did message her when you said you'd check her out to see if she could do her first mission with us at that camp UA are going to. But she's having some kind of surgery then so she said she'll meet up for a meeting but she won't be able to do anything practical for a while."

Shigaraki gave the folder back to Dabi. "Schedule a meeting with her then. As soon as possible." Dabi grew a smirk on her face, catching the attention of Twice and Toga. They approach him, grinning. "What's that smile for, Dabiiiiii?" Toga sung out. Twice threw his arm around him. "I knew I would have to have this talk with you one day, son. Time for you to learn about the birds and the bee-" Dabi grabbed Twice by the face, preventing him from finishing his sentence. "Shut the fuck up before I burn you so bad, no one will know you're human." Twice whimpered in his grasp. He let go of his face and made his way to the door. "I'll see if she's free later on today." He slammed the door behind him. Shigaraki pulled a confused face. "Y'know she's 15." The room fell deadly silent. "Weird that he didn't mention it though." He shrugged.

You able to meet up today?

He walked down the street, awaiting her response. He casually looked across the street to see a hospital. What made it stand out was who walked out the hospital. Hina. But she was with Present Mic. He pulled his phone out and called her. He saw her react to the phone vibrate. She turned to Mic, signalling she needed privacy.

"Not exactly a good time but what do you want."

"Before I tell you, how was your doctor's appointment?"

Hina aggressively turned her head in different directions, trying to find the villain. He chuckled at her attempts.

"Colder."

Hina stopped. She started slowly scanning across the other side of the street.

"Warmer, warmer. As hot as my quirk."

She locked her eyes on the man, usual outdoor look. She sighed.

"What do you want?"

"Head of the LOV wants to meet you. The sooner, the better."

"...Gimme a minute and I'll come over."

She cut the call and he watched her run over to Mic. Before he could even register, he heard a loud cough, as if someone was clearing their throat. He turned around and his face dropped instantly. "How can I help you?" Standing before him was a man. He had a slender figure, short hair with dyed tips and an angry face. He was looking up at him, giving him a dirty look. "I see you're moving on fast." Dabi scoffed at his comment. "Kazuya, listen-" He got cut off by a finger in his face. "Don't 'Kazuya' me!" Dabi laughed, pathetically. "I swear, you haven't changed. Always quick to the punch." Kazuya huffed out a breath. "Don't talk to me about change. You're still the same emo, stoic, bad boy I stupidly slept with." He huffed as he turned around to walk away. He stopped in his tracks as he saw Hina, clearly waiting for Dabi's attention.

He looked down at her, surprised. "So, you're his caller, the one making him laugh? Guess he's going for a younger approach now." She didn't answer, purely because she was too confused. "You two have fun." He said, giving the pair another dirty look before he walked away. "What was that all about?" Dabi sighed. "That was my ex. Apparently he was listening in to our convo and... got the wrong idea." When Hina realised what 'the wrong idea' was, her hair blushed a light pink. Luckily, for her, he didn't notice. "Follow me." He started walking, Hina following him. They walked down the street, Hina trying not to look so suspicious. They took a sharp turn into an alleyway and kept straight. Soon, they reached a door. Dabi opened the door, inviting Hina to walk through. As she walked into the building, she looked around. She saw him walk up a set of stairs and ran up to him.

They reached a singular door. "All you have to do is not show fear. But you'll be fine." He reassured. Hina took a deep breath as he opened the door. She scanned the room. "One villain behind the bar. Looks like the portal guy Aizawa told me about. Two villains leaning against the wall. Don't think they were a part of the USJ attack. Better keep a close eye on them. And him. The leader." The room's attention shifted towards the pair at the door. Suddenly, Toga charged at Hina. "Finally! Another girl!" She pulled her into a deep hug, shocking Hina. Twice walked up to them and pulled Toga off her. "Sorry, she gets excited. Pleasure to meet you!" He extended his hand, Hina shaking it. Dabi walked into the bar, closing the door behind himself.

Shigaraki stood up from his seat and walked up to Hina. Toga and Twice stood back, not wanting to get in his way. He leered down at her. Hina looked up at him, trying her best not to show any fear. "So, you're the brat Hogweed wouldn't stop yapping about." He scanned her up and down. "You don't look like much." He weakly laughed. She raised an eyebrow at him. "Yeah? Well you don't look like much yourself. You're the leader of the League of Villains? I kinda expected someone stronger. Or at least more powerful. Like that guy." She pointed at Kurogiri, who was minding his own business behind the bar. Shigaraki scoffed at her remark. "Do you know who you're talking to, little girl?" She walked past him and sat down at a stool, at the bar. "Don't know, don't care. All I want to know is if I can join this little band you have here." Shigaraki looked at Dabi, who had what he'd call a 'shit-eating grin'.

Hina looked at Shigaraki, sighing at his expressionless face. She took off her hoodie and stretched out her arms. The League stood and stared in suspense. Before they noticed any movement, vines shot out of her arms and were presented to each villain. To Kurogiri, they grew lavenders. To Toga, daffodils. To Twice, dandelions. And to Dabi, a black rose. They all picked the flower from her vine. All except Shigaraki. On his end, pointed at him were thorns. Shigaraki, out of reflex, grabbed the vine, causing it to disintegrate. She felt a pain from that vine and quickly cut it from her arm, making the whole thing fall in a pile of ashes. She called the rest of the vines in and balanced herself. She put her hoodie back on and walked towards Dabi. "Have I proven myself enough or do we have to start a whole barfight? I need to get home. I'm tired." She walked towards the door as she spoke.

She turned around, expecting an answer from Shigaraki. He signalled at her to come towards him. She done so and, without warning, he pulled her in by her shoulder. Only one finger away from erasing her. "You got a real attitude problem. Like your father." Her teeth clenched at the mention of him. "I am not my father." She growled, leaning closer in. "I understand you'll be in the hospital the same day we have our big attack. Gimme the name and location. And how long you'll be there, if you know it." He took her hand off her and grabbed his gloves from the counter. He slid one on and extended his hand out to her. "Welcome to the League of Villains."  She took his hand and shook it. "I should go now. My... carer will be wondering where I am." Shigaraki nodded as she made hew way back to the door, Dabi right behind her. "Pleasure doing business with ya!" She exclaimed as she walked out the door.

As soon as Dabi shut the door, she let out a deep breath. "Fucking hell. He could've taking my whole arm out!" She sighed. Dabi gave her a pat on the back. "You handled him well. If I were you, I would've punched him in the face at least three times." She laughed, surprising Dabi. "Do you know the way back out?" She nodded in response. "I'll talk to you later." She started her way down the staircase. She stopped before she was out of his sight. "Dabi?" He turned to her. "Thanks." She continued down the staircase. Before he could respond, he heard the door shut downstairs. He pulled the rose from his pocket and observed it. A smile crept onto his face. He couldn't help but ask himself. "...this is bad, right?"