Chapter Twenty Seven - Relaxation

Hina, suddenly, sat up straight in her bed, startling the siblings sitting next to her. "Jesus Christ!" Takashi exclaimed. She turned towards them. "Oh, hey. What time is it?" Ibuki, sleepily, looked at her phone lock screen. "Uh, 8:45. Why are so... perky?" She asked, wondering why she was acting like she hadn't just fainted twice the day before. "I don't know. Could be the monitor. Is that a picture of you and Mirko on your lock screen?" Hina asked, not missing a beat. Ibuki's cheeks grew pink. "Um, s-she's a great hero. And I-I got the chance to meet her. D-Don't look that far into it." She stuttered out, causing Hina to raise her eyebrow. Hina looked to her side to find Kumo, sleeping, next to her. She stroked his hair, making the sleeping boy smile. She checked her phone and saw a text from Kirishima.

Hey! Hope you're feeling better when you see this. Just texting to give ya some good news. We saved Bakugou! He really wanted to see you or, at least, call you but he's with the police soooooo I'm just making sure that you know he's safe. :)

Hina's eyes widened and a smile grew on her face. "Bakugo is back?" She asked herself. "Oh crap, yeah. Yesterday, the heroes went on a big rescue mission and managed to get him." Ibuki answered. Hina's eyes quickly filled with tears. "Oh, Katsu. Come here." Takashi and Ibuki walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. The door opened to find her doctor and Kazuya walking into the room. "She's awake. That's good." the doctor said as Kazuya went straight to her bedside monitor to check her energy levels. "Yeah. I feel very awake." She smiled as she wiped away her tears. The doctor chuckled. "That's a good sign. This means that your monitor can tell when your energy is low." When Kazuya thought that he'd finished his task, he had to look closer at a specific area of time. He walked up to the doctor and whispered in his ear. "Give me a minute please." He smiled as he walked up to her monitor.

Hina looked down to find Kumo, still sleeping, hugging her. She picked him up and held him. "Morning buddy." He let out a groan in response. "Wanna wake up?" She asked as he rubbed his eyes. "You're awake." He said, realising it was Hina talking to him. "Uh huh. I feel a lot more better today." He hugged her. "I'm happy then." The doctor walked back to Hina. "Ok, everything seems fine. Can one of you please step outside with me for a second?" He asked her siblings. Takashi stood up and exited with the doctor and Kazuya. Ibuki sat on the edge of the bed. "Katsu, what's the last thing you remember?" Hina sat Kumo on her lap as she thought back to the previous day. "Umm, pretty sure it was when I asked you guys for privacy. You, Kumo, Takashi, Mina and Kirishima. Why? How long was I out?" Ibuki nodded as she explained. "Not that long, don't worry. Just from the afternoon. Just checking." She smiled. Hina's phone buzzed, she looked to find "Mic".

"Hello?"

"Mic?"

"Oh, thank God. You're awake. How you feeling?"

"Pretty good. So... the reason you left the other day."

"I know. I am so sorry but you'd just woken up from your surgery, you didn't need that stress on your mind. But hopefully you've heard the good news."

"Yeah! When will I be able to see Bakugou?"

"...soon. Anyways, I'll be there in a few minutes so sit tight, ok?"

"Ok. See you in a bit. Bye."

She hung up the phone, looking downwards to find Kumo's head, leaning backwards to look at her. "What's up, cloud boy?" She asked as she grabbed his cheeks and shook them, causing the boy to giggle. "Nothiiiiing. Wanna watch something?" He said, reaching over the bed for the remote. "Sure. You find something for us to watch, I'm gonna go to the bathroom quickly." She placed him in the space in front of her and got off her bed. When she'd made her way to the bathroom, Ibuki let out a sigh. Kumo shuffled towards her. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Just thinking about Katsu, that's it." He hugged her, smiling up at her. "She'll be fine." The door swung open and they turned to find two girls walking in. "Hina, hun!" Midori exclaimed before noticing she was nowhere to be seen. "Where is she?" Kit asked, looking around the room. Ibuki pointed towards the toilet. They nodded and sat on the bed. "How has she been? Y'know, with the surgery and what happened with Bakugou." Ibuki sighed as Kumo went back to shuffling through channels. "She didn't take it well yesterday. She shut us out and ended up passing out. But she's feeling much better today. Weirdly energetic."

They all turned their heads as they saw Hina emerge from the bathroom. Her eyes grew wide as she saw her two friends on her bed. "Midori? Kit? Hey." They ran up to her and were about to pounce on her but remembered that she literally just had surgery. "Hey there. How you doing?" Midori asked, bringing her into a light hug, Kit following suit. "I'm great. When did you guys get here?" She asked as they pulled away from the hug. "Just a second ago." They walked back over to the bed. "How have you guys been?" Hina asked the pair. "We've been fine." Midori replied. "Kit and her loverboy are trying to convince me, Kami and Sero to have a group date. They keep calling it a "double and a half date." She huffed out. Kit chuckled at the name. "You gotta admit, it's kinda funny." Midori nudges her at the comment. "Yeah? Well, it makes it sound like one of us is third-wheeling, or something. We've made sure that it's as inclusive as possible. Like all relationships, communication is key!" She said, almost as if she was giving a lecture. "Speaking of, Hina, have you gotten in contact with Bakugou since yesterday?" Kit asked.

Hina sighed. "He's been taken in by the police for questioning about what happened. He's been so busy and he doesn't have his phone. Kirishima was the one to tell me he's okay and that he would call me as soon as he could. I'm just happy he got away without anything physically scarring." Midori and Kit tilted their heads in confusion. "Well, think about it. He literally just got ambushed and kidnapped. That's gonna have a negative effect." She lifted her head high. "So, I'm gonna make sure he doesn't go through it alone." The girls held their hands over their heart. "That's so sweet. Wanna tell him that to his face?" Kit asked, slightly confusing Hina. "I mean, I guess so." She looked back down to find the boy in question standing by the door. "Hey." She couldn't speak. She seemed to be frozen on the spot. Ibuki stood up and picked up Kumo. "I think we should give these guys some privacy. How about I get you guys something to eat?" Midori and Kit shot up and followed them out the door, past Bakugou. They stopped next to him. "Great to see you back." They said in unison, exiting the room, leaving the two alone.

He walked towards the, still paralyzed, girl. She managed to stand up as he got closer and fall into an embrace with him. They both held on tight as Hina started sobbing into him. "I'm sorry." He whispered, making sure he properly held her weight. She stood up properly and looked at his face as he wiped away her tears. "Don't fucking scare me like that." She said as she started, lightly, punching him in his stomach, causing him to laugh. "C'mon. I would've been able to escape even without the heroes help." He bragged. She gave him a serious look. "You don't have to play tough. I know you were scared out of your mind, even when you tried to put on a brave face. That's completely acceptable. That's a traumatic event, no matter the person. It's fine." She stroked his cheek. She could see the left-over fear in his eyes and brought him into another hug. "It's okay. You're okay now." As tears started making their way down his cheeks, he buried his face into Hina's shoulder. She ran her fingers through his hair, trying to comfort him. "I-I thought the next time I would s-see you, I would be what I h-hate. And you would hate me t-too." He said, between sobs. "Listen, I know you would never give in to anyone that easily. You are so strong-willed. Give yourself some credit. And I could never hate you."

She pulled away from the hug to look into his eyes. "In fact, I love you." The sentence make his crying stop almost instantly. "Huh?" He asked, not sure if he heard her correctly. She giggled and grabbed both his cheeks. Without warning, she pulled him into a quick kiss. "I love you, Katsuki Bakugou." A big smile crept onto his face as he picked Hina up and spun her, making both of them laugh. As he put her down, he leaned towards her to give her another kiss, this one longer and with more emotion. Hina's hair grew the pinkest it could. As they leaned away from each other, panting for breath, they pressed their heads against each other. "And you called my smile creepy." Hina added, causing Bakugo to push her away. "Shut up, dumbass." He chuckled as Hina hugged him from behind. "I'm so glad I met you, Katsuki." He smiled as he held onto her hands. "Same here, Katsu." He said. "Call me Maki." He turned around, without breaking the hug, and kissed her forehead. "Sure thing." She let go of the hug and flopped onto her bed, making him laugh. "This was too much excitement for three days. Wanna go to the cafeteria? I didn't eat yesterday." She asked, sitting up. Bakugou held out his hand for her to take. "Why didn't you eat?" He asked, as they made their way out of her room. "Well, hearing about you, I didn't have time to think about food." He wanted to raise his voice but realised what kind of place he was in. "Dumbass, you need to eat. How about this. You eat three balanced meals everyday and I never leave. Sound like a deal?" She looked up at him, taking a deep breath. "Deal."