Chapter Fifty Two: Expect the Unexpected

TRIGGER WARNING! This chapter, and the next few, will contain abduction/kidnapping. If this is a sensitive topic for you, I'd advise that you don't read it. If this applies to you but you want to catch up with the story when this arc is over, I will happily explain the story. :)

Hina, Kit and Midori decided to spend the whole day together. They took their final stop at a nearby café. "Kyoto, huh? That's pretty far away." Midori said. "Yeah. I said that too and he said that's kinda the point. He says need a break from the city, y'know? And I get it. We haven't even had time to relax and spend much time with each other. It's a well needed break." Hina explained. "I heard they have really nice koi fish there. I'd love to visit." Kit exclaimed. Hina laughed at the statement. "Don't worry, I'll constantly send you guys pictures and videos while I'm there." She reassured. She suddenly turned her head towards the window, looking at the people walking past. "You okay?" Kit asked. "Yeah, sorry. Just a bit on edge." She replied, showing a smile. "Okay, take it easy. Remember, we can just go back to Mic's if you want." Midori suggested. "No, I promised you guys a fun day out. I'll be back." She said, excusing herself from their table and heading towards the toilets. 'Mic wasn't exaggerating. Didn't you notice how she was eyeing up everyone we've passed today." Kit pointed out. "Yeah, a get-away will be good for her." Midori agreed. Hina splashed her face with water at the bathroom sink. "You need to calm yourself. You're fine. Everything's fine." She whispered to herself. As she took deep breaths, her phone started to ring. She took it out of her pocket to see the phone number was unknown and private. She answered it anyway.

"Hello?"

"When you come out of the bathroom, excuse yourself from your friends and walk outside."

Though the voice sounded familiar, she hoped she thought wrong.

"...what? Who is this?"

"You know who this is, my fire flower. Listen to me and no one has to get hurt, okay?"

"Please. Don't do this."

"Don't make this more difficult then it has to be. When you get outside, just start walking to your left. That's all you need to know. Now, hurry up."

With that, the call ended, leaving Hina by herself. She felt frozen, speechless as to what just happened. A thousand thoughts were shooting around her head as she thought about what to do. She scrambled through her phone, reminding her of the protocol she set up in the case this would happen, among other scenarios. Ever since Kondo was attacked, she has been preparing herself for the very worst and has multiple notes with different reminders and things to do: messages to send, who to send them to, affirmations about how everything will be okay and so on. She send what she thought was necessary, took a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom. She walked towards her friends and just stood next to the table. "Sorry guys but I just got a call, I have to go." She said, not even letting her peers get in a goodbye or question and walking out. "Hey, you forgot your things-" Kit tried to exclaim before the door shut and she walked out of sight. "Must be urgent. We can just drop them off at Mic's on the way back. I hope everything's okay?" Midori sighed.

Hina followed Dabi's orders and walked out and turned to the left. She felt her heart beat increase and noticed her vision blur as she walked forward, trying not to bring any unwanted attention to herself. She held her head in place as she felt herself lose consciousness, which ended with her leaning on the closest thing to her, the side of a building. Her vision started to pulse and before she knew it, she was hyperventilating. "What the fuck is happening? Is this a panic attack? I haven't had one this bad in years, fuck." She thought, struggling to regulate her breathing. Suddenly, she felt a hand rest on her shoulder. The shock was enough to throw off her balance and sent her falling backwards. The rush of the moment was enough for her to black out. Dabi managed to catch her before she hit the floor. "Huh. That was easy." He said. He picked her up, threw her around him so she was leaning on his back, and continued to walk through the crowd.