Chapter Fifty One: The Letter

Hina stood in the elevator, drying her hair with her towel after a day of self-training. As the doors opened and she walked towards her room, she saw a piece of paper tucked under the door. She looked with confusion when she picked it up and walked into her room. She wrapped her towel around her neck, unfolded the letter and began to read it.

Dearest Hina,

I have to make my true feelings for you known. I love you, Hina. From your kawaii smile to the glisten of your ruby eyes. The others can never know about this letter though. I can't have them thinking I'm weak or sappy. I've got a reputation to uphold, baby. You just bring out this side of me. Together, we will always win. Our combined strength will allow us to do whatever we want. I want to show you off to the world. Just you and me, together, forever. That's my dream. I hope you like my gift. It's so kawaii. I thought it would suit you. Plus, my black skull top wouldn't fit in the paper. Haha! Love you, Hina.

The words were surrounded by decorative tape and nature-themed stickers. Encased in the paper was a little necklace with a ruby in the shape of a rose. If the letter didn't throw her off, the end of it widened her eyes.

Love, your Katsuki Bakugou xxx

Hina couldn't help but leave her mouth agape as she read the name. Her face was plagued with extreme confusion. This sounded nothing like the boy she'd been with for the past months. But the handwriting looked so uncanny. I mean, she knows he can be a romantic but this is on a level that he'd never even think to go. "Surely, this was written by someone else...surely...right?" She said to herself, not being able to comprehend this situation. "The problem is that I'm sure he would never tell me if he wrote this so that means ill have to go ask someone else. And the only people I can think of are the Bakusquad. But if they don't know about the letter, they'll make fun of it and if he wrote it, he'll hear and confront me. UGH!" Hina mumbled to herself as she walked back and forward in her room. "Y'know, if you carry on the way you're going, you'll turn into Midoriya." Mina's voice emerged from somewhere. Hina looked around to not only find her balcony door open but Mina leaning over from her own balcony. "What's so stressful that you're muttering about and don't want us to know?" She asked as Hina walked outside. She thought about whether or not to show the wide-smiling girl across from her. She's 1-A's gossip box after all. But she can also keep a secret, with the right persuasion.

"So, I found this letter under my door a minute ago. Even though there's a name, I have a serious doubt that they wrote it. It just seems very out of character for them, y'know?" Hina explained. Mina thought about who she could be talking about. "Can I see the letter?" She asked. "I'll show you on one condition. You don't tell them I showed you this." The second Hina said that, Mina's face contorted, as if she knew herself she'd struggle to keep the secret. "If you don't tell them, I'll let you experiment with my hair. As much as you want." She said, making Mina's eyes sparkle with joy. "Deal!" She exclaimed, leaning across the balcony with a wide smile. Hina sighed as she handed the letter across to her. She quickly read through it, whispering the words. As she read, Hina fiddled with the necklace as she put it on. Once Mina reached the name at the end, she burst into laughter. "Oh! Oh my god. How did you end up with this?" She laughed out. "Do you know who wrote it?" Hina asked, wondering what she meant. "Yeah, Kaminari wrote it. Or was it Sero? Could've very well been the both of them. They told me about it but I don't know why they gave it to you." She said, giving the letter back to Hina. "Okay, thanks." She said before walking, swiftly, back into her room and out her door. Mina sighed as she pulled her phone out. "I've gotta stop a homicide, don't I?" She asked herself, bringing up Kaminari's number.

As Hina walked into the common room, she saw Kirishima on the sofa and she immediately darted towards him. "Kiri! Where are Kaminari and Sero?" She asked. Just by looking at her, he could tell she wasn't in the best of moods. "Um, they're in Sero's room. Just a pre-warning, they will be a bit... under the influence so-" Hina just scoffed and walked off. "Thanks, Kirishima." She waved before she reached the elevator. She stormed towards Sero's room where she was able to slowly pick up the potent smell of weed. She sighed before opening the door. She was met with the two boys swinging in the hammock at the end of the room. "Hey there, boys." She pulled a wide smile as she walked in. "Hey, Hina, honey. What's up?" Kaminari asked, leaning on Sero's shoulder. Hina sat on the bed next to them and leaned forward. "Now, I know that you two are having a moment here but I need you guys to sober up for, like, ten seconds and answer these questions." She said, receiving nods from the pair. She showed them the letter, not giving it to them but making it visible. "What do you know about this letter? I found it tucked under my door." She asked. After looking for a few seconds, the boys looked at each other and started snickering. 

"What's so funny? Did you two write this?" Hina asked. As they wept slight tears, Sero answered. "I remember this. Bakugou wanted to write you a love letter and me and Kami wanted to help so we wrote this as a sort of 'first draft' for him." Kaminari nodded. "Yeah, but he didn't like it, obviously. He didn't even take it from us so I honestly don't know how it ended up by your room." He added. Hina sighed at their stupidity but felt she couldn't get too angry because of their honesty. "Okay then. Thanks for being honest." Hina said. "You look tired. Wanna hit?" Sero asked, offering her their blunt. "Nah, not today. I should go, see you guys in a bit." She said as she stood up and left. When she shut the door, she looked down at the letter and scanned through it again. She heard footsteps approaching her and looked up to find Bakugou. "O-Oh! Hey, Bakugou." She stuttered out. He didn't say anything and just looked down at the paper in her hands. "We gonna talk about it?" He asked. As soon as he asked, she quietly cursed at Mina, knowing full well she blabbed. Before she could give a response, Bakugou just started walking towards the stairs, since his room was just on the floor below. They walked together in silence before they walked into his room. Hina sat on the side of his bed and he leaned against his desk, opposite her.

"Can I see it?" He asked, holding out his hand. She leaned forward and gave it to him. The silence as he read was deafening for Hina because of the lack of any form of communication or expressions. He kissed his teeth and placed it behind him when he finished. "I honestly don't know what I was expecting, asking those lot for help." He complained. He looked and noticed Hina was wearing the rose necklace. "Shit, so that's where it was! I thought I lost the fucker." He exclaimed. "Hey, if it means anything, I knew instantly that it wasn't your doing." Hina meekly said. "Yeah, yeah... do you want to see what I was gonna give you?" His question woke Hina up. "Um, sure!" She said. He rummaged through his desk drawer and pulled out a folded piece of paper. He handed her the paper and sat down next to her. She unfolded it and started to read.

Before I say anything, I'm really shit at expressing emotions. You know this already. So, I can't guarantee this'll be confession of the year. Also, excuse the shitty handwriting. I'm writing this on the bus to summer camp. I tolerate you. More than I do most people. More than I do myself. You have this weird energy about you, you probably don't even realise it yourself, but it makes it hard for people to not want to be around you. You're so caring and understanding in a way that I hope to achieve one day. I don't know if that was 'romantic' but it is what it is. Maybe, after you reading this, I'll be able to fuck up trying to speak my emotions but you'll still understand cause, well, you've read this. Also, you're good at things like that, knowing people better then they know themselves. Anyway, I'm gonna leave that there. Hopefully, you feel the same way.

Your Bakugou.

Hina sniffled as she finished reading. "I understand." She said, wiping a forming tear from her eye. Bakugou smiled and walked to her to give her a hug. "Will you be offended if I say that I kinda prefer the first draft?" She laughed, earning a chuckle from him. "Yes. You will never catch me using a word like 'kawaii' or write out a laugh like that." He replied. "Yeah, the kawaii bit is what threw me off instantly." She said. "As you saw, I was gonna give it to you after summer camp was done but we both know how that went." He sighed, remembering his 'circumstance'. "That's fine. This is really sweet, anyways." She assured, giving him a peck on the cheek.

This chapter was solely based on my friend Eleanor who got me a personalised confession letter for Christmas. I love it and I'm getting buried with it.

 I love it and I'm getting buried with it

ALSO! I have COVID! Sooooo, I'll see if I can get the next chapter done soon. Have a good day/afternoon/evening/night!