-27B-

As the night went on, Syd ended up on the main dance floor with her friends. She seemed to lose track of Hector until she saw him at the bar shamelessly flirting with a random woman, wrapping her hair around his finger as he spoke to her with a grin on his face. Syd felt her heart sink into her stomach when she saw him and while she wanted to confront him, she also didn't want to argue with him tonight.

"That's it, imma fight that grimy bitch," Char said, walking toward Hector.

"Stop, it's not worth it." Syd grabbed Char's arm. "Let's just keep dancing."

"Nah, when Lali gets back from the bathroom, we're gonna jump his ass... If she comes back."

"Don't be extra, Char..."

"I don't envy y'all people in relationships. First, Chris had to go early because of some work bullshit, leaving Lali here, and now the piece of shit you're dating is shamelessly flirting with a woman at your party in your brother's club!" Char shook her head. "Men are trash."

"Is that why you left Caleb back in our section with Em and what's-her-face?"

"Oh, you mean Kate?" Char said the name mockingly. "I've never seen you hate on a woman before, but you were sure as hell giving her stank looks. Wanna explain that?"

"Whatever," Syd scoffed. She started dancing again, trying to get lost in the music and keep her eyes off of Hector.

***

"I'm going to kill that fucker. The fuck is wrong with him? I think he has a death wish," Emiliano ranted, watching Hector, who was now standing against the bar while the woman who wasn't Syd danced on him.

Kate looked at him confused, while Caleb shook his head. "Calm down, man. It's only a matter of time until she leaves him, especially after this shit. Look at her," Caleb gestured to Syd who seemed like she was trying to get back into a groove, but the sadness in her eyes was obvious.

Emiliano turned his gaze toward Syd and the look on her face caused his chest to tighten. "Fuck! I'm definitely going to kill that piece of shit." He shot up to his feet when he noticed Hector walking off with the woman and texted one of his lackeys.

Emiliano: Follow the ugly fucker in the white button-up that came here with Simone.

After sending the text, Emiliano started walking out of their section.

"Where are you going?" Kate called.

"Do not get this place shut down on the first night," Caleb warned.

Emiliano ignored them both, continuing his path to Syd.

***

Syd felt an arm wrap around her waist and a firm body against her back. She looked down at the arm and saw a familiar watch, followed by a cologne she knew all too well reaching her nostrils.

"You look beautiful tonight, sweetheart," Emiliano said as he started dancing with her. Syd closed her eyes and melted into him when she felt his lips brush her ear.

The music had slowed down and Syd moved her hips sensually against Emiliano, following the rhythm. Why do I resist Emiliano? Syd asked herself. Hector seems to resist no one, yet I show him more respect than he shows me.

Mira que quiero ser buena. ¿No lo ves?

[Look, I want to be good. Don't you see?]

Emiliano was in total sync with Syd's movements as his hands trailed over her curves. Her body fit perfectly against his. Syd rotated her hips into his, feeling his erection grow against her while Emiliano dipped his head down to nuzzle her neck and flattened one of his hands against her pelvis. Why do I stay with Hector when it's clear someone else is capable of appreciating me? Of admiring me in ways that he doesn't? Syd's internal questions continued.

Dentro de poco va a ser demasiado tarde.

[Soon, it'll be too late.]

Syd had been heartbroken when she saw Hector with that woman, but as soon as she felt Emiliano wrap around her, she was at ease again. Her breathing grew heavy and heat rushed to her core when she felt Emiliano begin to place kisses on her neck. Have I been lying to myself all this time? Is there even a future with someone like Hector?

Me he tomado la molestia de avisarte. Un día despiertas y ya no me ves aquí.

[I've gone through the trouble of warning you. One day, you'll wake up and you won't see me here.]

***

"Damn... They are most definitely fucking tonight. Syd is so into him that she didn't even notice I left." Char had returned to their section to join Caleb and Kate.

They watched as Syd and Emiliano danced together, their bodies in perfect sync, Syd with a peaceful smile, and Emiliano making slow trails of kisses from her shoulder to her ear before whispering something to her.

"I'm not even mad. I just met him today... Gina dragged me here calling it a double date." Kate shrugged. "And she's hot. I'd fuck her too... Guess this night's a bust," she sighed when she saw Syd turn to dance face-to-face with Emiliano.

Caleb burst out laughing, choking on his drink.

"Oh, uh sorry..." Char said awkwardly. "Do you want me to call you a cab or something...?"

"Nah, I'm good. I'll go to one of the other floors to see if I can still get lucky." Kate winked before leaving Char and Caleb.

Char shook her head. "I wish Lali was here to see this shit. I knew her ass didn't just go to the bathroom."

"You're not worried about her?" Caleb asked with a hint of concern in his voice.

"Nah, I know exactly where that hoe is at," Char smirked. "Oh, shit..." Her eyes widened when she saw Syd leading Emiliano out of the main room.