-43-

A/N: A very, very minor mention of abortion occurs in the exchange between Syd and Tina at the start. Just a heads up if that is a trigger for you.

+++

"Shit!" Syd exclaimed. "So Santi's people probably took Lali?"

"That's what it's looking like," Tina responded. "They searched the area and couldn't find her, but the folks who were left over did say they saw a woman being carried away by a tactical team."

"Damnit! And it's been how long? Like two days?"

"Yeah, if they let her live, she's probably down with Santiago right now."

Syd took a deep breath. "There's always so much shit to clean up," she griped. "If they took her instead of killing her on the spot, she's definitely alive, I just wonder for how long... They can't know that she's pregnant or who she is to Sean. She's been dumb as all hell lately, but I hope she has sense enough to keep her mouth shut."

"So that girl was supposed to be your best friend, but she had Sean as her side piece?"

"Ma, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with Lali. We had been growing apart, but I didn't want to accept it. And to be fair, Sean explicitly said he makes the perfect side nigga, and I know he pursued her. But still..." Syd threw her head back on the pillow. "That bitch really got pregnant and Sean is happy as hell about it."

"If she's married, how is Sean so sure it's his?"

"Lali claims Chris doesn't even touch her anymore because he's so busy with work. At this point, I don't even know if I can trust her word on that. But I'm worried about Sean - especially if Santi has Lali. Ma, he was fucking giddy about Lali's pregnancy. I think he has feelings for her because knowing him, he would've otherwise told her to get an abortion."

"Shit," Tina sighed. "I never expected that boy to fall in love and now he does and it's with some married bitch? And he gets her pregnant at that?! Imma whoop his ass as soon as he's better."

Syd let out a small chuckle before lifting herself up with her good arm. "Lemme go talk to him."

Tina helped her daughter next door to Sean's room just as the Rossi brothers were coming out. They both froze when they came face-to-face with Syd and her mother.

"Y'all don't need to make it awkward," Tina said before she turned to Syd and let her go. "Go ahead and check on your brother. I need to talk to these two."

"Oh Lord..." Syd groaned. "What happened to me being 'grown'?"

"Tsch," Tina sucked her teeth. "Just 'gon to your brother."

Syd walked into Sean's room and Tina led the Rossi brothers to the waiting room.

"You here to finish cussing me out?" Sean grumbled when Syd sat in front of him.

She looked over her brother laying on his side with his back covered in bandages and felt her hands begin to tremble with rage thinking about how much worse things could've turned out and the fact that they were bold enough to attack in broad daylight. Fucking Santiago and Dmitry. She thought to herself. All this shit for power... I'll make sure they never get it.

"No," Syd smiled. "I'm just here to let you know that your little sister is gonna take care of this shit."

Sean raised a skeptical brow. "You sure you ready for that?"

"Nigga, are you doubting me?"

"Any time I mention the idea of you killing someone, you have a nervous breakdown, so don't look at me crazy."