-49-

A/N: If you've been reading this story since early on, you know how I get when I'm approaching a milestone, which is exactly why I'm spamming y'all with chapters this weekend, lol. (I've also just been very motivated to write lately.)

Also, a minor mention of assault/r*pe (in reference to the previous chapter) occurs here.

+++

Nearly 15 minutes went by and they hadn't exchanged a word as Lali trembled in her seat full of terror and confusion. Luca and Emiliano sat toward the back of the private jet while Simone and Lali were closer to the front across from each other. Simone's arms were crossed and she tapped her fingers against them impatiently; she had abandoned the sling for her arm a day prior, her shoulder functioning better, though her movements were still somewhat limited and she was in pain.

Simone's lips finally parted after the plane took off. ''Lali," she sighed. "The only reason I didn't leave your deceitful ass with Santiago to die is because you owe Chris and Sean explanations and you have consequences you need to face when we get back to New York... Also, I'm honestly considering beating your ass after you have your child."

Lali's eyes widened at Simone's words and she was unable to form any of her own as her lip quivered.

"Yes, I know that you and Chris were still fucking and you made some weird ass decision to tell him and Sean that you were pregnant with their kid? Lali, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"I- I don't-"

"I swear if you say you 'don't know,' I might actually have to smack the shit outta you right now - pregnant or not."

"Syd..."

"It's Simone!" she corrected. "Lemme make it a bit easier for you and I'll ask some questions. Why even marry a man you were already cheating on in the first place?"

Lali shifted uncomfortably in her seat and looked down, still trembling with nerves. "I promised myself that I wouldn't mess with Sean after the wedding."

"Humph..." Simone scoffed. "Sounds like the word 'promise' shouldn't even be in your vocabulary." She leaned back in her seat and huffed her frustration. "I still don't get why you cheated on him in the first place."

"I've never felt invisible or like a second option until later into Chris and I's relationship. When Chris and I first got together, we were both busy, but when were weren't working, we were always with each other..." Lali's expression turned somber as she reminisced. "Remember how you kept giving me shit about ditching y'all all the time? He was always doing nice things, taking me on trips and to shows, buying me more things than I could ask for... and when we weren't together, we would text all day or he would talk my ear off on the phone."

Simone shook her head and put her fingers to her temples as if trying to massage her frustration away. "Dmitry and power and now this bitch and fucking attention," she muttered to herself. "This has got to be the dumbest shit..."

Lali continued explaining. "... But soon after we got engaged, it changed and even though I knew work was important, the special things he used to do when he had time seemed fewer and far between... And then I met Sean and he gave me so much attention. He treated me like a queen and for the first time since the early days of me and Chris' relationship, I felt important."

"Fucking attention," Simone muttered to herself again before her glared returned to Lali. "FUCKING ATTENTION?!" she shouted and Emiliano and Luca both stretched to look over at her. "You broke two hearts and caused my family trouble FOR FUCKING ATTENTION," she snarled, standing to her feet. "Get some fucking depth, Lali, goddamn. And whose child do you think it is?"