-41-

"Estaban por aqui en este area..." A man wearing all black with a bulletproof vest and a gas mask searched the area. [They were around here in this area...]

The room was still filled with smoke and while the gunshots seemed to stop, some people were still scrambling to get out of the restaurant with the exception of what appeared to be a small tactical team searching the place.

Lali was starting to return to consciousness with blurred vision and ears ringing. She noticed the man wandering around the area, but couldn't make out much. "Sean..." she muttered as she attempted to look around. She felt her body trembling, but she couldn't move on her own. "Sean..." she repeated. "Where are you?"

"Que dijo?" the man in all black said. [What did she say?]

Another man in the same gear as him walked over and kneeled down to Lali, removing his mask to get a better look. "La recuerdo," he sneered. "Estaba con los Davidsons. Esta pidiendo Sean." [I remember her. She was with the Davidsons. She's asking for Sean.]

"Please," Lali murmured, reaching out her hand. "Help me."

The man tilted his head and spoke calmly with a small smile. "Of course, we can help you." He put his arms under Lali's back and knees to carry her. "Vamos!" he called to the rest of his team. "Los Davidsons ya se fueron, pero tenemos algo mas..." [Let's go. The Davidsons already left, but we have something else.]

***

"WHOEVER THE FUCK IT WAS, WE'RE KILLING THE SHIT OUT OF THEM!" Emiliano sped through the streets of the city, ignoring traffic laws and barely dodging pedestrians. "The fuck is that cop doing following us?! Does he not know this is a car of a fucking Rossi?!"

Luca sat in the passenger seat speaking with Jared on the phone trying to gather as much information as he could on the attack and Syd's condition. "Likely Santiago's people?... And Simone?... And Sean?... Keep me updated on everything. Do you understand? How long will surgery-"

"SURGERY?!" Emiliano blurted.

"How long will it take?" Luca ignored his brother and continued with Jared. "We'll be there soon," he said before hanging up the phone and throwing his head back.

"Are you going to fucking tell me what he said?!"

"We're not far. Now, stop driving like a fucking maniac-"

"ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION," Emiliano barked.

"She was hit in the shoulder and her side. In her side was a through-and-through, but they're working on getting the bullet lodged in her shoulder out. Sean got hit with shrapnel in his back and has some burns and they're working on that now too. They probably won't be awake until tomorrow, so we won't be able to see her until-"

"Then we'll wait."

"Obviously," Luca grunted.

***

The Davidsons partially owned a hospital in the city and had their own wing dedicated to handling any medical emergencies for themselves or their people. After being saved from the attack, Syd and Sean were rushed there to receive treatment.

When the Rossi brothers arrived, Tina Davidson was already there ordering around their security team.

"...So go and fucking get them right now!" she shouted at the men. "Jared got the information we needed about the cell Santi planted here, so don't take any fucking prisoners! Show his punk ass we done keeping shit politically correct. Fuck a 'delicate balance.'"

"Yes ma'am," Jared affirmed before turning to his team and gesturing for them to move out.

Tina noticed Luca and Emiliano as the team left and was surprised to see how panicked the brothers were - they seemed even more worried than she was.