-42-

"Why the fuck did you attack the Davidsons?!" Emiliano's fist collided with the barely conscious man's bloody and bruised face again as he held him against the wall by his collar. "Did you really think they'd give back Dmitry's bitch ass if you killed them?!" He dealt another blow and there was a cracking sound when he connected, likely adding another fracture to the man's face.

Suddenly, a loud pop echoed in the room and blood splattered on Emiliano's face and shirt as the man's body went limp.

"Che cosa fai?!" Emiliano barked, dropping the body. [What are you doing?!]

Luca holstered his gun. "She's awake."

Emiliano's shoulders immediately relaxed and his expression eased. "Shit... It's already Saturday?"

"It is..." Luca nodded and looked at himself and Emiliano, covered in blood. "We need to clean up before we go see her," he said as he led his brother to the car. "I'm driving this time."

"Works for me," Emiliano shrugged, following his brother.

"The Zhang family's men are clearing out the final Ivanov spot in Long Island, so we can at least bring Mrs. Davidson good news on that." Luca kept his eyes intent on the road as he spoke, eager to get to Syd, but feeling calmer knowing she was okay. He just needed to see her.

Emiliano looked ahead out the window with his arms crossed. "How many times have you fucked her?"

"Seriously?" Luca scoffed, shaking his head. "Right now?"

"How many times?"

"Thursday was the first time - like we told you before."

"Doesn't answer my question."

Luca groaned and rolled his eyes. "Twice."

"Ha!" Emiliano clapped. "That's it? I fucked her three times when we first fucked, then woke up the next morning and ate her for breakfast."

"So, it took you three times to satisfy her and me only two?" Luca sneered.

Emiliano snorted, shaking his head. "Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better... Fuck! I miss her. If I didn't have to talk to you about what the family proposed, I would've went straight to her place... Though it's not like she would've been there," he grumbled. "I swear as soon as she gets out the hospital, she is sitting directly on my face."

***

"I thought she was awake?"

"Mrs. Davidson did say they had to sedate the her and Sean."

Syd stirred in her sleep at the sound of familiar voices above her. Her eyes still closed, a smile came to her face when she felt her hands being held on each side.

"Is she waking up? She's smiling."

"Mmmyoourhe." Syd murmured something unintelligible.

"What was that?"

"I don't know."

A hand held Syd's face. "Are you up sweetheart?"

Her eyes opened slowly but remained low. "Mhmmm," she hummed. Luca was on her left and Emiliano on her right. "You're here. Both of you."

"Of course we're here," Luca said assuringly.

Emiliano gently rubbed her cheek. "You didn't think we'd come?"

"We didn't leave on the best note..." she muttered.

"Humph," Emiliano huffed shaking his head. "She thinks that's enough to get rid of us, Luca. I blame that intense fucking look you get on your face for scaring her."