-15-

Dmitry walked into the warehouse with one other man and Emiliano and Luca immediately came to Syd's side.

Shit, she thought to herself. He looked larger in person than he did in photos. While she was tall herself - 5'8", but standing at nearly 6' tonight in heels - his size was still intimidating to her. He was even taller than Emiliano and Luca and although the brothers had broad chests and muscular statures themselves, Dmitry looked like he was nearly double their size.

"Don't worry," Emiliano whispered in Syd's ear. "He's huge, but his punk ass can't fight for shit. It's all for show."

Dmitry strolled over to Syd and the Rossi brothers, raking his eyes over her while holding a confident smirk. "So you're Simone. The one who is supposed to -"

"The fuck are you doing here?" Syd interrupted, snapping at Dmitry. I am Simone Davidson, fearless boss bitch, she thought to herself trying to keep her nerves down and her character up.

Dmitry raised both hands, still smiling at Simone. "Calm down, malishka... I just wanted to meet the newest Davidson. Your brother has brought you to meet every family but mine. I had to see you for myself."

Syd crossed her arms and gave him a suspicious look before turning her glare to the man behind him. "And who's this?"

"This is my cousin who recently came from Russia. He'll be helping me with business."

"You mean helping you fuck with us?" Syd retorted. Emiliano and Luca were both tense. She wasn't even trying to be cordial and they were worried she'd push Dmitry too far.

"Wow, she is a feisty one. Sounds like you've got a bigger bark than your brother," he said amused, walking closer to her. Dmitry leaned over to whisper in her ear. "But how is your bite, malishka?"

Syd kept her eyes on Dmitry as he leaned back to stand over her. She crossed her arms and stepped even closer to him, looking up into his eyes while holding an expression of determination in her own. "Call me 'malishka' again and you'll find out," she challenged confidently.

They locked eyes in an intense staring match for several moments before Dmitry relaxed his shoulders and laughed. "I like you, Simone. I do hope your brother will start bringing you to our meetings."

Syd maintained her unwavering glare without responding to Dmitry.

"Okay, okay. I see I've caused offense," he said sarcastically. "Don't worry, I'll make it up to you, Ms. Davidson," he winked before he and his nameless cousin walked away.

After they drove off, Syd took another exhale of relief as she did with the Brits and turned to Emiliano and Luca. Emiliano's brows were raised as he gave her an impressed smile, while Luca had his characteristic intense glare with his jaw tensed as if he were angry at her.

***

Frank had arrived and the three of them got into the car. Emiliano sat across from Syd in the rear-facing seat while Luca was next to her.

"Fuck, I need a drink," Syd said settling in her seat, feeling like she could truly breath again. When she started unbuttoning her blazer and fanning herself with it, Emiliano watched her attentively and licked his lips, while Luca's nostrils flared and he clenched and unclenched his fist before turning to look out the window.

"Shit! I can't believe I did that. We could've died. I could've started some shit. Fuck!" All of the panicking Syd held in during that time in the warehouse was pouring out of her and she couldn't hold it in anymore. She reached into the backseat console and pulled out a bottle of whiskey. "Do you want any?" She offered the Rossi brothers.