-9-

"So... You gonna tell me what that was?" Char asked Syd who was still recovering

"Oh, uh... I don't know. Vegas is wild."

"Mhmm," hummed an unconvinced Char. "They did look kinda familiar, though. Do you know where they're from? They seemed to know you pretty well."

Syd laughed, trying to change the subject. "Girl, you're thinking too much. Do we need to get you more shots? What happened to that one you were talking to? You don't want him?"

"I had to come look for your ass because Lali is getting a little too comfortable with Sean and we decided to end the night early. I don't think Chris would be okay with sharing like those white boys that was just wrapped around you."

"Shit, Lali..." Syd muttered. "Sean didn't, uh..."

"Girl no, he seems to be the best behaved out of all of us. But let's just try to keep them separate for the rest of the trip."

"Right..."

***

"We shouldn't have let her go," Emiliano grumbled, walking alongside Luca to the club. "By the way, the fuck was that? I had her first."

Luca shrugged. "I want to play with her. We could share."

"You can take her after I've had my fill."

A devious smirk played at Luca's face. "How about we see who she falls to first?"

"Humph. So you'll definitely have to wait until I've had my fill."

"Whatever," Luca scoffed as they entered the club to meet with Sean.

***

Syd paced around the livingroom of the penthouse after everyone went to sleep, wondering why her body reacted so easily to not one, but both Rossi brothers, who were both off limits. And she was beyond pissed at Sean for inviting both of them.

Syd: Guess who I ran into on their way to meet YOU...

Sean: You kissed BOTH of them?! You need to clean this shit up. I told you they're crazy af. Em won't shut the fuck up and Luca is brooding like he's got some shit planned for you.

Syd: Nigga, this is your fault for inviting BOTH of them. I didn't even know Luca would pull that.

Syd: The fuck you invite them for anyway? You wanted to tell them tonight without even warning me?

Sean: What would be the difference between them learning tonight or Saturday? Probs easier in a casual setting anyway.

Syd: I'M NOT READY YET.

Syd: I don't know if I can do this at all, honestly...

Syd: I just don't know if I'm cut out for this life.

Syd was worried about her first meeting as Simone Davidson. She lived as Simone up until she was 16 and over the past few months, she was getting caught up on the lifestyle and what it meant to be a Davidson. She'd be taking one of the seats on the Council that oversaw all organized crime in the Western Hemisphere, thus making her one of the most powerful people in the region and she'd have to oversee the operations along the entire east coast of the U.S. with her brother.

While Syd was confident that she knew all the facts she needed to know and she understood her duties, she was afraid that the other Council members and families that operated under the Davidsons wouldn't take her seriously because she spent the last 10 years actively avoiding it all. She worried that she'd ruin what her parents had built because the world wouldn't accept her or would try to remove her from her spot on the Council.