The girl born of snow

"Master Albedo!" called a soft and panicked voice.

the bitter cold was only getting worse and the girl struggled to see as the snow melted on her glasses.

she kneeled in the snow cradling a figure, another girl who was out cold, she was barely recognizable from being in the snow storm for too long.

the snow turned her lashes white and her hair was wet and icy, "Albedo!" the girl repeated louder and successfully got her master's attention.

the panic and worry in the green haired girls voice caused alert in the blond mans nervous system, his sea green gaze fixated on the unfamiliar girl in his apprentices lap.

"the storms only going to get worse! please, lets carry her back!"

Sucrose, a lovely, shy but caring girl who is mixed blood of a nymph and a human{idk if that's actually canon}.

Sucrose was a mage, Albedo was a swordsman. he had more muscle strength then her and since it was a short period of time before the storm would worsen he carefully picked up the girl, who was colder then the mountains peak.

"Sucrose, prepare a place for her to rest, if she doesn't freeze to death by the time I'm back then we'll contact Barbara to check her health"

she held her hand to her chest and nodded before running through the snow, the dark clouds swirling in the sky and more snow falling onto the frozen earth.

"you still being alive is worth looking into"

_______

the warmth of a nearby fire awoke you from your comfortable slumber, the cot you slept on was warm and comfy like any good bed.

slowly your eyes opened, allowing you to observe the area or rather the cave you've been brought to. a few small fires were lit along the caves entrance  then another fire was lit closer to you.

a cooking pot hung on a branch above the fire, clearly meant for cooking meals. near the cot you slept on was an easel for painting or sketching, beside that was a table cluttered with a few books and glass flasks.

then there was a bookshelf, the books looked well cared for and seemed rather thick. the place was empty other then you but it looked like someone left recently from the footprints left behind.

you stood up and rubbed your head gently, the warm shield against the cold brought a homey feeling to you, reminding you of wherever you originally came from. Curious like a small cat, you gently brushed your hands over a few books before picking one up, just as you began to read a timid voice called to you.

"o-oh your awake!" the voice called, then footsteps grew closer. upon turning around you saw a girl with mint green hair and large round glasses, "oh..um, hello..?" you closed the book and set it down carefully. "your must be a little confused..my names Sucrose, i found you unconscious after accidentally..stepping on your hand.."

you glanced at your hands and scanned the one with a bandage over it, "y-you were buried in the snow! I didn't know you were there..im sorry!" she bowed. "its..fine" you spoke softly, This girl, Sucrose, in your eyes she was kind but shy. the way her hands slightly trembled when she spoke and how her lips quivered every now and then only proved such a theory.

"do you remember your name..?" she asked politely, "ah..n-no.." whenever your tried to think of your name it always lead back to the open sky, perhaps there was some kind of correlation? "that's a shame, I'm sure its beautiful!"