Catch me

Not long after Aether disappeared did Diluc and Kaeya show up and to be completely honest you didn't expect them to come at all let alone together. "We heard what happened, are you two ok?" Kaeya was quicker to rush over, he dared not lay a hand on you since Albedo was already trying to comfort you.

"No..we aren't" from the way you were trembling and they way Albedo's eyes were occasionally shifting at the hint of any unfamiliar shadows, he knew that a battle went down but not the one you would expect. "Hey.." Albedo spoke softly, "Let's go, staying here much longer could be dangerous"

You had tears in your eyes so everything was a bit blurry, "Alright.." You found strange comfort here in Dragonspine. You didn't feel alone if you were and it felt as though something was cradling you while the area healed you, It was..something to behold.

Kaeya jogged back over to his brother as Albedo and you followed "Diluc" Kaeya called, The temperamental red head just responded with a snappy head turn "I don't know if you're able or not but try not to be so grumpy around Y/n, something's up" Diluc sighed "No shit" the red head looked back as Albedo kept a tight hold around your waist while you rubbed the odd mark on your arm.

"I don't know her as well as everyone else but if she poses a threat to Mondstadt," Diluc began but paused as if trying to rethink his words. "I have the feeling she'll be alright.." Kaeya said before he walked ahead of his brother towards the small group of knights dispatched out for backup.

"careful with what you say Master Diluc, you won't have just an angry alchemist on your tail but a few livid gods to go with"

==(●'◡'●)==

Upon your return the the city of freedom you were greeted with a burst of wind that forced you out of Albedo's grasp and a tight and protective hug securing around you. "Venti..?" the windswept bard was hiccupping, not like he was drinking but like he had only just finished crying "I didn't know if you'd come back to share drinks with me.."

Hearing the bards sorrowful words almost made you cry, he couldn't lose another close friend; a god can only handle so much pain. "What's this?" The archon lifted your arm up and examined the void that lingered on your arm, when your gaze averted and your eyes teared up he got all the more worried but he didn't get the chance to question further.

Venti's arm was suddenly grabbed and he was pulled a bit roughly backwards away from you, once Venti realized who was the culprit he sighed. "Now's not the time to be protective, Alchemist" Albedo scowled, "Albedo, Venti's worried just as much as you are.." Venti fixed his hat.

"if i remember correctly, that's the result of a spell from Khaenri'ah. It used to be a torture method to make the victim panic until they lost their minds, who did that to you Y/n?" you looked at your arm. "I'm.." you sighed "Lumine's brother, Aether.." you couldn't imagine what Lumine's reaction would have been if you out right told her that.

"Aether.." Venti scowled, "You two should go home, I'll do you a favor and let Jean know about this" Venti was not often super serious unless he lost touch with his..Venti side? Albedo wasn't against that idea so he simply nodded, "Venti, i think when i see you again is when you tell me..what happened"

The bard looked at the ground, his expression painful and yet he nodded briskly and took his leave. "Albedo, you have explaining to do to" the blond looked at you a little confused, "If these are going to be my last days of sentience then i want answers" as his face grew a bit anxious, you held his hand.

"Whatever answer you give me won't change my outlook on you, remember?" you were still quite shaken up but after Venti brought you back to reality with the mention of this old torture method, you could gather your thoughts and think somewhat straight. "Right.." Albedo gently pushed the door open and held it open for you.

"So first off, the vision of you i had the first time we went to starsnatch cliff. I had the feeling after that you had some connection to Durin but to think you actually harbor a piece of his soul.." Albedo closed the door and sighed. "So that's what spooked you so much then" you sat down "What gave it away..?"

"when the heart was healing me and my vision was still hazy, i could clearly see the red aura that was glowing in your heart so i was sure you didn't have a soul made from chalk or as you would put it, a pure soul" Albedo looked a bit defeated. "I'm sorry i didn't out right tell you" you reassured him with a head shake.

"We all have our secrets..you knew all mine since you rediscovered them with me but i can understand" he held your face for a moment. "How are you so careless right now? Five minutes ago you couldn't stop crying and shaking and now you're trying to comfort me for being a liar" you giggled a bit "when you go through so much over a span of seven thousand years, you get used to this helpless feeling"

Albedo frowned, "I should um..apologize for being a bit protective earlier..i just don't trust him" your hand held the one he kept on your face. "Apologize to Venti not to me, though you should probably do that tomorrow..he might be explaining the situation the the knights right now" he brought his hand down from your face but kissed your forehead.

"You'll be fine, i know it. I'll repeat myself as many times as i must until you are sure of me" you sighed and looked down a bit. "I'm a bit ashamed y'know? Having a torture method my people made used on me and i can't even do anything to get rid of it.." after you completed your sentence an idea popped into your head.

"If things take a turn for the worse i can try making a pocket dimension! That way the abyss can't control me from there!" Albedo took an instant dislike to the idea of you being alive and out of his reach. "No" he stated bluntly, "Albedo you have to face the fact that i'm concerned about everyone, Klee, the knights, Kaeya, Diluc and Venti. The last thing i want to do is hurt you or Klee after all you both helped me remember everything.."

Of course, you were concerned about everyone because that's what a benevolent goddess does, her people first her sanity second; that kind of thing y'know? "But i don't want to lose you entirely, where there is no body there is no grave to visit.." his voice was full of lingering sadness and desperation for you to stay on this mortal plain with him.

"It's a last resort only..alright?" Albedo leaned down a bit and put his forehead on your shoulder, his arms soon wrapping around your waist. You put a hand on his head and whispered to him, "Let's at least sit down and cuddle a bit ok?"

Will i die as the hero?
Or the villain?

i wonder..