If her wing's grew

"she'll be staying with us for some time, Sucrose"

Albedo addressed his apprentice with soft words as to not spook her like a wild animal, "she will? wonderful!" in all honesty, Sucrose lacked a girl-friend to hang around when she wasn't experimenting. mostly because she lacked the social abilty to go and make a friends, but that doesn't matter now does it?

"if you could take her to Mondstadt today i would deeply appreciate it" she chuckled and fixed her glasses "well you see..I'd love to..but I'm caught up with an experiment of my own.." Albedo suppressed a sigh. "no worries, I'll have spare time after i do a minor experiment on her later"

she let out a small relieved sigh, "Have a good day, Master Albedo!" Sucrose hurried off and Albedo watched for a moment before returning inside the small cave, he wondered over to the cooking pot and warmed himself back up whilst glancing at your sleeping figure.

and due to such a tense stare, you slowly awoke, eyes slowly fluttered open as you sat you and looked about then back at Albedo. "Good morning" he said softly as he began to cook something, "Morning..?" the idea of waking up in an unfamiliar environment still spooked you especially around people you barely know.

"if you don't mind, there's something I'd like you to help me do today" his relaxed voice oddly enough soothed you, "What is it?" you noticed his lips slightly curve upward but return to normal as he looked at you.

"We'll be climbing up the mountain a fair bit, and taking a leap of faith" he hummed casually, "we..we what?!" you glared at him then threw the blankets over your head. "I refuse!" you yelled, you didn't feel angry although you could taste your own anger in your words, "its the least you could do, I along with Sucrose's help will be taking care of you"

"you sneaky sneaky man" Albedo's head shook, "i have no ill intention, its simply for research purposes" You got up from the bed and sighed. "if i may, why do you want to research me?" you asked quietly, more and more personality traits seemed to return to your scrambled mind, from the current ones on the table. you seemed to act like Sucrose with certain topics but were more confident then free minded Amber.

"you were buried under the snow on this mountain, for thirty minutes, in a thin white dress, in a snow storm might i add. no normal adventurer could have survived that and yet you've gotten off even without a cold"

to be fair, he had a point, whatever it is that got you to survive, it wasn't natural and was worth the investigation. "vegetable soup is healthy and warms you up, so, we'll eat then go out" his eyes held no emotion in particular, he simply look bored with a small glimmer of curiosity in his beautiful sea green eyes.

"personally, I've met someone who's survived something they shouldn't have, and they turned out to be something even i didn't expect but he's no longer on Teyvat" you slowly and quietly ate the soup as you intently listened to his voice. "I wish i didn't have amnesia, and you seem like a good person, then again looks can be deceiving"

the faintest sound of a laugh came from him, "your smart not to trust someone you don't know" was all he said before he finished his food not long after. "are you really going to make me jump..?" you asked with worry, "yes, i am, if you get to close to the ground I'll catch you" a small button like thing activated a pair of wings, black like starsilver ore.

"this is a wind glider, as you fall I'll fall along with you and if nothing happens I'll catch you"

Even if his goal was to keep emotional distance from people, you seemed to nab his attention more then usual, more then the traveler. something about you gave off a special feeling, however it couldn't be confirmed you were anything special.

the wings disappeared back where they came from, leaving you curious about where they went, "if your done, then lets go" he ordered softly as to not sound too controlling. after all, you weren't an animal to be tested on.

--------------

"we're so high!"

your voice would have echoed out if the swirling storm clouds that swarmed the mountains peak didn't choke the air, "there's no way I'm gonna survive this!" fearfully, you peeked over the edge and swollowed hard.

"relax" he fixed his gloves while his hair blew in the powerful breeze, "are you ready?" he asked, nothing but lingering curiosity in his eyes. "of course not!" you yelled, but he didn't acknowledge your shouting and instead gently pushed you off the tall rocks and followed close behind.

the misty snow clouds blocked your view of the ground, soundless screams leaving you as you fell. the freezing cold bit as you while you fell, your hair and clothes whipping around wildly while you twisted your body mid air and saw the blond alchemist diving towards you.

no surprise was in his eyes, neither was there any disappointment, but hidden inside deep was worry even though you couldn't see it through your panicky state. His gaze fixed on the snowy ground below you a few meters and acted fast, he dived down close to the point where his arm easily snaked around your waist.

then the black wings appeared and yanked you upward, the air almost escaping your lungs. as you gasped for breath the freezing cold made it difficult to breath then not a moment later did the feeling disappear.

even if that pain was gone, the adrenaline and panic you were in gave Albedo a guilty feeling. He released you then examined your figure, "you aren't hurt, right?" you shook your head and rubbed your arms "no, but I'm freaking terrified! and freezing!" he helped you up off the ground and sighed. 

"i feel before i conduct more experiments, I'll have to familiarize you with the world a second time. though it might take longer then I'd like.." he started to walk back to his makeshift lab and you followed close to keep some warmth nearby.

the world, its changed beyond your own recognition. Mondstadt was no longer a city ruled by a tyrant but was free and the city of contracts was becoming independent from their god. things have changed, since the god of creation has slept.