Adherent hearts

(picture taken by yours truly)

You parted way's with Albedo temporarily and hurried for the elevator, Last thing that was needed or wanted right now was the yaksha and alchemist fighting. Xiao was irritable, and Albedo was calm and level headed but could be angered.

You've only ever seen Kaeya pull it off but it was possible, But could Xiao really be that kind of aggressive? He was aggressive sure but he was aggressive in the sense of being overprotective of the things he cares for, maybe even slightly possessive.

The elevator reached its peak so you stepped off and went inside to find Verr, She greeted you with a smile. "Here to see Xiao?" she asked and nodded once you answered "The roof, that's likely where he is"

After quickly thanking her she waved to you as you ran up the stairs, the short flights of stairs lead to a different level of the inn. It was empty despite having such beautiful scenery, "Who is that?" he easily beat you too it, cutting you off before you could voice a single word.

"He's friendly, don't worry! He's not fatui like last time, he's not a part of the abyss i promise" his sharp golden gaze shimmered with disbelief but he had a fair amount of trust in you, so he listened.

"His name?" 

"Albedo"

"fine, i want to speak with him to ensure you're not lying for your own safety"

You grumbled a small "why would i lie?" before running back down the stairs and over to the railing of the other much larger platform. It got a lot of attention when you started to flail you're arms and yelling for Albedo, and once you had his attention specifically you yelled "you can come up now!"

He scratched his cheek, a little embarrassed by you're outburst "that girl.." he muttered to himself; a small smile gracing his face before it was quickly wiped off as he made his way to the elevator.

There were no words being spoken, the only thing between the three was the tension in the air; an unspoken argument.

 "Um, guys.." Albedo faced you with a calm, unangered expression while Xiao wore his normal scowl with a small snarl. "Xiao he's friendly, Albedo, He's an old friend. you guys shouldn't make the atmosphere feel so suffocating.."

With a small smile the two seemed to relax, Xiao letting out a heavy breath and Albedo's face was unchanging. "We should get to out room and unpack for the night" Xiao's eyes were back on Albedo in a second, "You're sharing a room? last i checked most of these rooms have one bed"

You sighed, "I can sleep on the floor, its fine" Albedo shook his head, "No" was all he said before turning on a dime and returning to the staircase.

"Please relax, ok?" he sighed again and pinched the bridge of his nose, "He's so calm that it angers me.." you smiled softly "Sure, but you'll have to get used to it, because he is always like that"

He scowled and sighed, "If you can't sleep come and visit me" he muttered quietly before disappearing in a puff of green and black smoke. Why are men so difficult sometimes?

No matter, you followed Albedo and walked down the stairs with much less energy, it was like handling two furious cats. Well, Xiao was the human embodiment of a human cat from the way he interacts with people.

But then again, From what you're memory told you, he's always been a little aggressive for good measure.

Xiao, he was a good friend of yours simply because you shared a similar trauma or at least shared a single similar trauma. He was used to kill the people he later was contracted to protect, he wasn't cared for he wasn't loved and yet even with all the blood on his hands someone saved him.

==============

"Y'know Morax" spoke a soft female voice, "If there was a medal for going over the top whenever you fight, you'd get gold" She pried her sword from the dead gods corpse and surveyed the area. 

"I don't think i go too far.." he twirled his polearm as it evaporated into golden dust, "Really? you don't think bringing down almost a whole different planet isn't over the top?" he hummed softly before wandering over to a boy who used his polearm for support.

"Hm? who's this?" the brown haired god kneeled to meet the boys height, his clothing and hair were covered with blood whether it be dry or fresh. His own blood trickled down from his forehead, one eye half closed as he tried to meet the geo gods amber gaze.

"please.."

"Kill me"

she exchanged a glance with her fellow god, "I'll fix him up"

Morax helped carry the helpless and injured boy back to what was considered home at the time, the bandages soaked up the boys blood to the point the gods wondered just how he was still clinging to life.

"I wonder what his name is" Radisana drew her face closer to the boys sleeping face, observing the little details. "Give him space, and we don't know whether he opposes a threat or not so do try not to get attached.." 

She shrugged and sat back in her chair, "And if he isn't a threat? what will you do with him then?" she stared at her cup of warm tea while awaiting her friends answer. "I will make him a guardian, if he's managed to cling to a miniscule string of life then he might just serve as a powerful guardian"

"Xiao, we'll call him Xiao, has a nice ring to it, no?"

==========

The yaksha leaned against the wall of the inn as the memories filled his mind, he was accompanied by nothing besides the warm lantern light and the moons silver light with a soft breeze swaying his hair.

"Even if you allow yourself to forget, i will never. i can never forget the smile and voice that made me feel at peace.."

We drink the poison our mind pours for us
☆*: .。.  .。.:*☆
and wonder, why do we feel sick?

---

I know this is all over the place, i'm sick right now and wanted to finish this today. please excuse the jumbled writing, my brain is fried and my nose is like liquid right now.

anyways, that's nasty, bye