If we fall together

"So Dainsleif, you're from that one nation that got destroyed right?" 

The mask wearing male looked down at you, blue gaze shimmering in the dimming light "Yes..i am" he had a very heavy expression as if in a state of mourning for his fallen nation. "How?" you asked, blunt but curious "I was bestowed a curse, i failed to protect those i was meant to protect so.." he sighed.

"the gods cursed you yes?" the blond had no response, and instead he simply walked further ahead. "Huh.." you sighed "How well do you know him?" Albedo came up from behind you and asked, matching your pace as he kept his eyes ahead. "Not very, i saw him every now and then when i was in Khaenri'ah"

Albedo has his coat hanging off his shoulder's while he walked with his arms at his side, "He seems very hesitant to share anything that doesn't involve what's on your arm" you nodded in agreeance. "Well he must loath to part with things about his nation so we can't blame him" As the traveler lead the three to cape oath, You walked up to Dainsleif with a question on your mind.

"Can i ask what this torture method was called?" You asked, "You want to know? It would bring no harm to tell you, Karavīra smirdēšana. It mean's-

"Warrior's taint, yes i know. I needed a little refresh since i haven't heard the dialect of Khaenri'ah in years"

Dainsleif stood confused but chose not to press you for an answer to questions in his head, instead Paimon yelled for everyone to hurry up since you have arrived at your destination. "But Lumine, this is Cape oath not-" Albedo coughed "Look up, Y/n" you looked up and around until your eyes rested on a portal that stood out against the evening sky.

"ok..but how do we get up there?" Lumine chuckled before jumping into the center of this shallow stone depression in the earth. Her glider's activated and she calmly floated up the current and waved as she disappeared into the portal with Paimon.

"But i don't-" Dainsleif soon followed the blonde, "Don't look so worried, i have my glider. You could just fly..ah right, Dainsleif" you nodded, "it's been a while since we've glided together..if you count our first time as gliding.." the alchemist laughed quietly to himself as he offered his gloved hand.

"They're probably waiting for us, come on" he urged, you took his hand as he stepped into the shallow pit. His arm's quickly wrapped around you as the glider and wind current carried you both towards the portal, with a flash of black you and Albedo were transported to the Musk reef island.

"Woah! Look at that!" you pointed out the odd gate, eager to run over and explore it "Don't forget why we're here" Albedo hummed. You turned around and scratched your head, "R—right" Before you even noticed it Lumine and Paimon were digging up nearby Mint and sweet flower's. "Hold on, we have to wait until the sun set's before we begin looking for the plant" Dain pointed out with crossed arms, Lumine and Paimon shared a nervous laugh as you began to wonder off away from the group.

"you are always quite hasty to run off aren't you?" Albedo pat your head as you faced him, "Well we have until Moonrise, Until then i am free to wander as freely as i-"

"What the hell are you doing here?!"

A familiar voice made you jump and made Albedo prepare his sword, this familiar voice belonged to a familiar harbinger from Inazuma. He did not appear fearful of Albedo as he raised his weapon, "Could you call off your dog please" he rested his palm on the hilt of his sword while you pat Albedo's shoulder to relax him.

"I'm not even here for her, i came here of my own accord. Aren't alchemist's supposed to be smart?" Scaramouche teased with a sickly grin. "Don't provoke each other please.." keeping the two calm was a tough job when they wanted to rip each other's throat's out and you, being the only thing stopping that, asked that they both silence themselves before anyone else noticed.

"Scara, what are you doing here? Of all the people that could be here, why you?" the harbinger shrugged "i was curious about what that large meteorite might of left behind and since i'm off for a few days i thought i'd check it out, i wasn't surprised to find nothing was left" Albedo's glare did not cease, so the two shared a simple contest.

"Well..alright..but if there's nothing here why didn't you leave?" he sighed, "As i said, i'm off for a few days so i killed two birds with one stone by coming here. After all it is a rather relaxing spot." you looked at Albedo asking him to lower his sword with a smile, "If i was going to kill you and take her i would have done so by know" he stated clearly.

"Right.." Albedo sighed, "At least he know how to heel" The alchemist's glare quickly returned with the harbinger's snarky remark. "You should probably learn to do that to" you replied to Scara with a bitter tone as you calmed Albedo with a smile, "It's getting late and we're here with friends, we're searching for something a plant so we're scouring the whole island so i think you should go for now"

He grumbled something under his breath before sighing "Fine, I'll watch the star's from starsnatch since the view is likely better there." with that the harbinger waved as he walked towards a small boat with likely one of his subordinates, "Oh~ You seemed to know them well" the fatui girl chirped with a kitsune mask covering the upper half of her face.

"also why do i have to row the boat..?" She asked, though Albedo was quick to get out of the harbinger's sight so you didn't hear his response. "There you guys are!" Paimon yelled, "The suns gone so we should be able to gather some Zvaigžņu zieds, i have a pouch for them once you find any"

You grinned, "I rarely get to get my hands literally dirty, this'll be fun" you quickly ran off and began to dig up mint and sweet flowers, searching the roots for the strange leeching plant. "We found some!" Lumine yelled, quickly tossing the plant into the bag "How many do we need?" you asked.

"At least three but five would be ideal" Dainsleif opened the pouch again for Lumine, as you dug through the dirt you came across a mint plant with a small bulge attached to it's root "Hey Dainsleif is this what they look like?" the blond nodded as you place the plant into the bag. "these are rather easy to find if you know where to look"

Dain nodded as Albedo rubbed his chin, probably thinking about conducting all sorts of things on these odd plants. "If you want a few extra then search for them yourself Mr. Alchemist!" you hollard you and Lumine tossed the last two you needed into the bag. "I'll return here another time to get some" He stated with a yawn, "I'll make the cure once we return to the mainland, Lumine will find you after i let her know once it's done"

"I didn't agree to that" Dain ignored the blonde, "I assure you, no one should be a victim of a torture method from an bygone nation" melancholy rolled off his tongue in waves.

"The world would panic if that was the case.."

Some people are just born
«–»
with tragedy in their veins