Contrast

"I trust you know the outcome of this story by now, Eris? Are you going to save her again?"

Dragonspine seemed oddly at ease, there was no snow fall and there was no wind "Paimon has a weird feeling about this.." the pixie shuttered as the surrounding area got more creepy. "It's way to quiet..no hilichurls..no Fatui, nothing" Dain looked around, blue gaze finding nothing of interest.

"It's almost like time has stopped.." Lumine wore a stern scowl on her face as the snow crunched underfoot "There's no snow fall..it feels like there isn't a breeze at all and..it feel suffocating" Lumine crouched down as Dain continued to examine their surroundings, "The river.." Paimon flew closer to her head "It's..not flowing"

"Time isn't stopped" a new voiced chirped, "It's merely slowed down" Dain frowned at the appearance of the new face. "Venti? Where's Albedo and Y/n?" Paimon questioned "They needed to talk amongst themselves for a minute, i went on ahead..i reckon they'll be here soon" Venti cast his gave towards the valley.

"They're in the valley, and they know we're here" Paimon tilted her head as Lumine stood back up, "Dragonspine is possibly important to their future plans..they used some artifact to slow time.." Dain commented and Venti nodded in agreement. Paimon drifted back to Lumine and pat her head, "Aether must have a very good reason for this..right?".

"He wants to fight destiny, and killing the god of creation is a big step to take in his war" she said, bitterness in her voice. Paimon looked down and Venti sighed, "You, Dainsleif right? Tell me, do you know if Aether has any weakness'?" The blond man shook his head "I spent too little of my time on the battlefield with Aether, i know not of his weakness'"

Venti wasn't much of a strategist and didn't want to put Lumine through the pain of questioning her brothers weak points, he was at a loss. Until the arrival of the blond alchemist and Eris, the usual gust of wind that accompanied her whenever she landed was absent which instantly raised alarm in the two.

"hm? Usually it's snowing.." Albedo looked about to find that even at the edge of the valley no snow fell from the clouds above. "I assume they've slowed down time with an artifact from the god of time, Hence why the river seems to not be flowing barely at all or the snow fall has yet to reach our sight."

Eris stretched, "Right, i can sense the abyss is in the valley, what are we waiting for? I'm itching for a fight" she tread the snow with a smile on her face, as if excited for the up coming fight. Everyone shared a glance as she trudged ahead, "I'll wait and watch somewhere high, lucky for all of you I'm quite experienced in sniping" Venti had an eerie smile on his cute face as he was blown away with the wind.

"The power of two archons surely must be enough to overpower the abyss" Dain perked up at the mention of two archons "Two? I had a feeling she was immortal but an archon? What nation did she govern?"

"I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out" Albedo shared a glance with Dain as he followed your footsteps.

The closer she got to the literal heart of the valley, the more excited she got, "i haven't had a proper fight in an age!" she raised her arms up and put them behind her head. "It's a shame you'll lose this fight though" she perked up and looked to the side, Aether leaned against one of the towering bones with a chilling amber gaze.

Eris chuckled and rolled her eyes, "Where's your lackey's? surely you didn't come here on your own" he pointed back where she came from. "They're keeping your friends preoccupied while we talk" she put a hand on her hip "You know you'll lose so you're going to try and change my mind, is that it?" he sighed.